nklr fieldsheer clothing

DSN_KLR650
cjyahrmarkt

klr650 sighting

Post by cjyahrmarkt » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:51 pm

Me ! Took delivery of a red 2006 about two weeks ago. 175 miles so far. Not too much to talk about yet. Only two things... the rear brake doesn't seem like it does much . maybe it needs bleeding. and the other thing is that the handle bars don't seem to line up with the fork. That is, when driving straight, the handlebars are a couple degrees right. I'm sure this can be adjusted somehow.

dooden

klr650 sighting

Post by dooden » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:53 am

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "cjyahrmarkt" wrote:
> > Me ! > > Took delivery of a red 2006 about two weeks ago. 175 miles so far. Not > too much to talk about yet. > Only two things... the rear brake doesn't seem like it does much . > maybe it needs bleeding. and the other thing is that the handle bars > don't seem to line up with the fork. That is, when driving straight, > the handlebars are a couple degrees right. I'm sure this can be > adjusted somehow. >
Congrats on the ride.. I can pretty much lock up my rear brake with my toe on the lever, when you use the lever does it feel soft/spongy ? The pads and rotor has to be wore in, if you baby them they will just get polished, take it out and do a few higher speed stops with the rear brake and see what happened after a few good hard uses, the resovior is full of brake fluid right ? On the bars.. are the fork tubes flush with the top of the triple or are the tubes sticking out the top ? If sticking out the dealer did it wrong on setup. (kinda common it sounds) But adjusting... correct way would be to put the bike on a lift, loosen the clamps, axle, check for alignment, if good, tighten axle, then work your way up the tubes tightening the clamps, making sure to sung each side a little at time until snug, once all are snug, start over again with a torque wrench to torque them. Or... find a tree or telephone pole.. and bang the tire against it to get them back aligned.. this is normally reserved for in the field however like after spills and spectacular wipes outs. http://www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html

Jim Link

klr650 sighting

Post by Jim Link » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:03 am

I have a red 05 and both of those are exactly like mine, Brakes stink, and my handle bars are a little off.. I figured it's just nature of the beast. --- cjyahrmarkt wrote:
> Me ! > > Took delivery of a red 2006 about two weeks ago. 175 > miles so far. Not > too much to talk about yet. > Only two things... the rear brake doesn't seem like > it does much . > maybe it needs bleeding. and the other thing is that > the handle bars > don't seem to line up with the fork. That is, when > driving straight, > the handlebars are a couple degrees right. I'm sure > this can be > adjusted somehow. > > > > > > > > > > Archive Quicksearch at: >
http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html
> List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: > www.dualsportnews.com > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: > www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Member Map at: http://www.frappr.com/dsnklr650 > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > DSN_KLR650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > > >
__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com

Alan L Henderson

klr650 sighting

Post by Alan L Henderson » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:33 pm

cjyahrmarkt wrote:
> Me ! > > Took delivery of a red 2006 about two weeks ago. 175 miles so far. Not > too much to talk about yet. > Only two things... the rear brake doesn't seem like it does much . > maybe it needs bleeding. and the other thing is that the handle bars > don't seem to line up with the fork. That is, when driving straight, > the handlebars are a couple degrees right. I'm sure this can be > adjusted somehow. >
I can lock up my rear brake with the bike fully loaded for the road with my 375 lb bulk on board. Alan Henderson A13 Iowa

tjtacke

klr650 sighting

Post by tjtacke » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:05 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Alan L Henderson wrote:
> > cjyahrmarkt wrote: > > Me ! > > > > Took delivery of a red 2006 about two weeks ago. 175 miles so
far. Not
> > too much to talk about yet. > > Only two things... the rear brake doesn't seem like it does
much .
> > maybe it needs bleeding. and the other thing is that the handle
bars
> > don't seem to line up with the fork. That is, when driving
straight,
> > the handlebars are a couple degrees right. I'm sure this can be > > adjusted somehow. > > > I can lock up my rear brake with the bike fully loaded for the
road with
> my 375 lb bulk on board. > > Alan Henderson A13 Iowa >
My A19 has a sponge for a rear break! I'm sure I'll be Flintstoning it for emergency breaking.

game_warden2

nklr fieldsheer clothing

Post by game_warden2 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:02 pm

Does anyone know anything about the Fieldsheer Autotech Jackets or Fieldsheer Highland Pants? I found the jacket on sale for $160.00 and the pants for $134.00. It seemed like a good deal. Thanks MTC