subject: winterize vs. occasional use?

DSN_KLR650
Michael Hagen

subject: winterize vs. occasional use?

Post by Michael Hagen » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:54 pm

Hey, The gas IS SO BAD nowdays, drain the tank, and run the motor til gone! Park it inside and forget about it! If you want check the tire pressure every month? Mike eBay Red - A18 Crestline, Ca. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

a_ski_racer

question about multi use trails

Post by a_ski_racer » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:59 pm

Hi: I just traded in my sportbike for a KLR650 a week ago. I have almost finished the first half of the break in buzzing along a mix of paved and gravel roads. It really opens up a lot more interesting terrain in my area. I was looking for trails to ride on and found some references to multi use trails that allow ATV's and show pictures of the four wheeled things. I haven't found a single specific reference to dual sport or offroad bikes yet, aside from a noise limit that would exclude performance oriented competition bikes or modified exhausts. Are our two wheel vehicles typically welcomed on ATV trails or what? I am just west of Ottawa in eastern Ontario and would welcome any info on trails, places to ride or people to ride with. Steve BTW, I am getting almost 80 mpg keeping to the 4k rpm limit for the first 800km of break in.