nklr - dnf my first organized dual sport ride, or "what a drag

DSN_KLR650
Jim

nklr - dnf my first organized dual sport ride, or "what a drag

Post by Jim » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:48 am

I share your concern Rod. Once trick I've learned from riding with the Adventure Riders is when ever your (or anybodies for that matter) bike is on it's side, stop long enough to take a few pictures. Besides a getting a great picture you will have calmed down long enough to pick it up properly. I have so much to learn and so little time to learn it all. --Jim A-15
> My problem is when I drop it, I try to pick it up, too quick, before > anyone sees me! > HHHAAAARRRR!! > Pretty sure that's why my back hurts. > Good advice though, thanks. > Rod > > > > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Pat (M)" > wrote: > > > > An old Irish country legend: > > A boy gets a new-born calf to raise. Besides feeding & cleaning, his > > dad has him lift it over the fence every day. - - - 5 years later = > > one STRONG!! farm boy. > > > > Pat M > > A14 > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" wrote: > > > > > > Target your training. If you want to build strength to pick up > your > > > KLR then start laying it down and pick'n it back up. Try it on > the > > > lawn and start with some pads to keep it at a slight angle at > first. > > > Keep at it until you can do it with the wheels up on both sides. > I > > > prefer to let it fall over in the natural KLR enviroment at > unexpected > > > times myself. I also second the advise to build your stamina. > > > Becomming exhausted in the middle of bf nowhere when your only > > > alternative is to ride back the silly way you came can be > very ....... > > > well you pick the word, but it's not good. > > > --Jim > > > A-15 > > > > > > > what do you guys suggest for a strength training > > > > regimen to allow me to get strong enough to be able to pick up > the > > > > bike by myself?

E

san fran moto rental experience?

Post by E » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:14 am

I'm heading out to SF in April and would like to rent a motorcycle for ~ 4 days.Any tips from previous rental experiences in SF? I do know that HD has their Fly-n-Ride using local dealers for ~160 per day for a Ultra Classic. I'd rather ride a BMW or another sport tourer. But I'm not picky. Dubbleju.com has bikes but has a 200 miles per day limit (.25 per mi thereafter). I ride 400 miles per day. Ed