for sale: 2002 klr250

DSN_KLR650
Mark Lewis

klr handy during hurricanes

Post by Mark Lewis » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:04 am

The KLR has come in real handy during the hurricanes. Many roads are trashed or blocked. Gas is hard to get. I'm glad I have mine. Mark Lewis

Eric L. Green

Post by Eric L. Green » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:25 am

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Mark Lewis wrote:
> The KLR has come in real handy during the hurricanes. Many roads are > trashed or blocked. Gas is hard to get. I'm glad I have mine.
I understand that some of the survivalist types like KLR's for just that reason, though I have no idea how they fit their gun scabbards to the thing. I'd ask one of them, but I think they're all still hunkered in their bunkers in Montana waiting for the aftermath of the Y2K collapse of civilization to die down :-). -E

denis@teachlinux.com

Post by denis@teachlinux.com » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:38 am

Eric, I have to admit that I got mine back in 99 while living in SoCal to be ready for "the big one", so when all the freeways where down I could still get home. Denis A14
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Eric L. Green wrote: > > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Mark Lewis wrote: > > The KLR has come in real handy during the hurricanes. Many roads are > > trashed or blocked. Gas is hard to get. I'm glad I have mine. > > I understand that some of the survivalist types like KLR's for just that > reason, though I have no idea how they fit their gun scabbards to the > thing. I'd ask one of them, but I think they're all still hunkered in > their bunkers in Montana waiting for the aftermath of the Y2K collapse of > civilization to die down :-). > > -E > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > >

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:46 am

HOoooeeee! Good luck and prayers pushed your way. Sandy / Texas --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Lewis" wrote:
> The KLR has come in real handy during the hurricanes. Many roads
are
> trashed or blocked. Gas is hard to get. I'm glad I have mine. > > Mark Lewis

The Mule

Post by The Mule » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:46 pm

I also got my first KLR (A14, the Old Mule, or Mule I) in '99 with similar thoughts. I didn't think just Y2K so much as everything else going down in my life and the world in general. 9/11 was no surprise, and I'm watching things get steadily worse. Whatever happens, I'm having fun with my A17 in the meantime. Eric.....rather than a scabbard, an armed KLRista should be thinking of a front-end mounting platform. Why get caught offguard with your weapon tucked away? Steve The Mule A17
> I have to admit that I got mine back in 99 while living in SoCal to be > ready for "the big one", so when all the freeways where down I could still > get home. > > Denis > A14 > > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Eric L. Green wrote: > >> >> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Mark Lewis wrote: >> > The KLR has come in real handy during the hurricanes. Many roads are >> > trashed or blocked. Gas is hard to get. I'm glad I have mine. >> >> I understand that some of the survivalist types like KLR's for just that >> reason, though I have no idea how they fit their gun scabbards to the >> thing. I'd ask one of them, but I think they're all still hunkered in >> their bunkers in Montana waiting for the aftermath of the Y2K collapse of >> civilization to die down :-). >> >> -E

denis@teachlinux.com

Post by denis@teachlinux.com » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:49 pm

I see that Central CA had a 6.0 today. Now is it because I spoke of it, or did all that rideing they did this weekend break CA? Denis
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, The Mule wrote: > I also got my first KLR (A14, the Old Mule, or Mule I) in '99 with > similar thoughts. I didn't think just Y2K so much as everything else going > down in my life and the world in general. 9/11 was no surprise, and I'm > watching things get steadily worse. Whatever happens, I'm having fun with my > A17 in the meantime. > > Eric.....rather than a scabbard, an armed KLRista should be thinking of > a front-end mounting platform. Why get caught offguard with your weapon > tucked away? > > Steve > The Mule > A17 > > > > I have to admit that I got mine back in 99 while living in SoCal to be > > ready for "the big one", so when all the freeways where down I could still > > get home. > > > > Denis > > A14 > > > > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Eric L. Green wrote: > > > >> > >> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Mark Lewis wrote: > >> > The KLR has come in real handy during the hurricanes. Many roads are > >> > trashed or blocked. Gas is hard to get. I'm glad I have mine. > >> > >> I understand that some of the survivalist types like KLR's for just that > >> reason, though I have no idea how they fit their gun scabbards to the > >> thing. I'd ask one of them, but I think they're all still hunkered in > >> their bunkers in Montana waiting for the aftermath of the Y2K collapse of > >> civilization to die down :-). > >> > >> -E > >

The Mule

Post by The Mule » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:04 pm

> I see that Central CA had a 6.0 today. > > Now is it because I spoke of it, or did all that rideing they did > this weekend break CA? > > Denis
..........Ooooh!........Scaddy.......veddy scaddy! And didn't they say Mt. St. Helens is stirring again? Da Mule

denis@teachlinux.com

Post by denis@teachlinux.com » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:51 pm

Yep, and I guess Momouth Mtn is making noise. Quick, everyone to the eastern side of the fault.. Denis
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, The Mule wrote: > > I see that Central CA had a 6.0 today. > > > > Now is it because I spoke of it, or did all that rideing they did > > this weekend break CA? > > > > Denis > > ..........Ooooh!........Scaddy.......veddy scaddy! > > And didn't they say Mt. St. Helens is stirring again? > > Da Mule > >

Harry Seifert

Post by Harry Seifert » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:15 pm

I believe "Millerized" has already published photos and plans for such a platform. Now the debate starts..........your choice of weapon? Harry Seifert bseifert71@...
> [Original Message] > From: The Mule > To: ; Eric L. Green > Cc: Mark Lewis ; DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> > Date: 9/28/2004 1:46:49 PM > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] KLR Handy during Hurricanes > > > I also got my first KLR (A14, the Old Mule, or Mule I) in '99 with > similar thoughts. I didn't think just Y2K so much as everything else
going
> down in my life and the world in general. 9/11 was no surprise, and I'm > watching things get steadily worse. Whatever happens, I'm having fun with
my
> A17 in the meantime. > > Eric.....rather than a scabbard, an armed KLRista should be thinking
of
> a front-end mounting platform. Why get caught offguard with your weapon > tucked away? > > Steve > The Mule > A17 > > > > I have to admit that I got mine back in 99 while living in SoCal to be > > ready for "the big one", so when all the freeways where down I could
still
> > get home. > > > > Denis > > A14 > > > > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Eric L. Green wrote: > > > >> > >> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Mark Lewis wrote: > >> > The KLR has come in real handy during the hurricanes. Many roads are > >> > trashed or blocked. Gas is hard to get. I'm glad I have mine. > >> > >> I understand that some of the survivalist types like KLR's for just
that
> >> reason, though I have no idea how they fit their gun scabbards to the > >> thing. I'd ask one of them, but I think they're all still hunkered in > >> their bunkers in Montana waiting for the aftermath of the Y2K collapse
of
> >> civilization to die down :-). > >> > >> -E > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ
courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html
> Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > >

Eric L. Green

Post by Eric L. Green » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:47 pm

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, The Mule wrote:
> Eric.....rather than a scabbard, an armed KLRista should be thinking of > a front-end mounting platform. Why get caught offguard with your weapon > tucked away?
Hmm, now how do you expect to shoot and ride at the same time? That sounds even more distracting than talking on a cell phone and riding at the same time! I've seen the ATV types with their scabbards mounted on their rear rack. I suppose something of the sort could be done with a KLR, especially one with luggage, but it's not right there at hand like it is on the ATV. I guess that's not TOO big a problem tho. After all, if you need a gun quickly, all you gotta do is pull the Colt 1911 out of the holster on your hip (that's what every well-equipped survivalist carries, if he's not carrying a .44 Magnum, right? Actually, I think I'd prefer the .357 Magnum, it is the perfect combination of controllability and stopping power for someone of my size, but some folks apparently think guns are like, well, male sex organs, i.e., the bigger the better... maybe they oughtta talk to a few women?). If you need the rifle, the reason for the need is probably far enough away that you have time to reach back, draw, and flick it forward... In the meantime, the real place to be when the Big One comes is a small town in rural America, assuming that you're related to half the town or have been living there for a decade. The Southeast is a good place for that kind of survivalist living because of plentiful rainfall (no dependency upon irrigation water brought in from hundreds of miles away, and shallow wells can be dug with a shovel, with no need for power equipment), a long growing season (basically two growing seasons per year for most vegetables), and, if you grew up there and are related to the people, the benefits of an insular culture that swiftly bands together to drive out "outsiders" that are felt to be a threat, and which is already violent enough that the Mad Max type existence envisioned by the survivalists wouldn't cause them to even flinch. I mean, we're talking about a place where a typical rite of passage for young adults is getting into drunken bar fights. Of course, this is also the same sort of place where if the Montana "survivalists" tried coming down there and setting up shop during times of troubles, they wouldn't make it past the county line before being spotted as "outsiders" and, if they give a spec of trouble or seem the least bit "uppity" or trespass on someone's land thinking that having lots of guns means they don't have the respect the locals, find themselves run out of town on a rail or in an early grave, even if it takes the entire Sheriff's posse (i.e., most of the able-bodied men in the area, all of whom know how to use guns) to do it. And geez, why do I know so much about all this stuff? Well, simple -- I grew up around guns and rednecks and lots of little historical plaques celebrating driving out one group of outsiders or another at gunpoint, and a lot of elderly aunts and uncles who had grown up in a survivalist era of the South, surviving the Great Depression by growing their own food and sewing their own clothing out of flour bags. One of the most striking things I found, upon interviewing them and finding out how they did it, was that none of them wanted to go back to that era. "That was a hard life" was the general opinion. The few still alive like their little comforts, their air conditioner and running water and indoor plumbing and hot water on demand (hot water! do you realize how long it takes to heat up a tub of water on top of a wood stove?!) and for the more savvy of them, EMAIL is a godsend now that they can no longer get around like they once could. The good old days really ARE now, as far as they're concerned. -E
> > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Eric L. Green wrote: > >> I understand that some of the survivalist types like KLR's for just that > >> reason, though I have no idea how they fit their gun scabbards to the > >> thing. I'd ask one of them, but I think they're all still hunkered in