eastern sierra rendezvous reminder!

DSN_KLR650
KLR Rider - Scott Adams

nklr wake-up call on riding safely!

Post by KLR Rider - Scott Adams » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:02 pm

Actually, I don't see Tim's standard as that hard to maintain. As a firefighter/emt who picks people up off the highway all too often, I completely concur and will repeat: if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're a moron. -Scott
----- Original Message ----- From: "WILLAM GILMORE" > Your response would be appropriate if everyone were able to live by the impeccable standards and degree of self righteousness you're able to demonstrate. Does this mean you've never fought a chimpanze, pissed on an > > Tim Nielsen wrote: > > I'm sorry, but if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're a moron. It > demands enough attention to ride sober.

Arden Kysely

Post by Arden Kysely » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:24 pm

I agree completely, but I think Will's point is that wisdom of that sort is rare in a 20-year-old. And I agree with that, too. I'm just happy to have made it through my youth with all my limbs and a few operational brain cells. __Arden --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "KLR Rider - Scott Adams" wrote:
> Actually, I don't see Tim's standard as that hard to maintain. As a > firefighter/emt who picks people up off the highway all too often, I > completely concur and will repeat: if you drink at ALL, and ride,
you're a
> moron. > > -Scott > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "WILLAM GILMORE" > > > > Your response would be appropriate if everyone were able to live
by the
> impeccable standards and degree of self righteousness you're able to > demonstrate. Does this mean you've never fought a chimpanze, pissed
on an >
> > Tim Nielsen wrote: > > > > I'm sorry, but if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're a moron. It > > demands enough attention to ride sober.

Harry Seifert

Post by Harry Seifert » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:31 pm

AMEN. It does prove out Darwin's theory of evolution. Harry Seifert bseifert71@...
> [Original Message] > From: KLR Rider - Scott Adams > To: Tim Nielsen ; KLR List DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com>;
WILLAM GILMORE
> Date: 9/16/2004 2:02:24 PM > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR Wake-up call on riding safely! > > Actually, I don't see Tim's standard as that hard to maintain. As a > firefighter/emt who picks people up off the highway all too often, I > completely concur and will repeat: if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're
a
> moron. > > -Scott > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "WILLAM GILMORE" > > > > Your response would be appropriate if everyone were able to live by the > impeccable standards and degree of self righteousness you're able to > demonstrate. Does this mean you've never fought a chimpanze, pissed on an > > > Tim Nielsen wrote: > > > > I'm sorry, but if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're a moron. It > > demands enough attention to ride sober. > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ
courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html
> Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >

WILLAM GILMORE

Post by WILLAM GILMORE » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:06 pm

I don't see why this is so difficult to grasp. It simply never was or will be a perfect world. Because someone makes a bad decision doesn't make them a moron. If that were the case Bush would have never been elected dog catcher much less president. It might mean they're young, impulsive, feel unjustifiably invincible, are far too influenced by peers or even the nations beer industry -- or, they may have a drinking and/or drug problem. It might mean too that in some parts of the country, such as most college campuses, where drinking means binge drinking. Interestingly, it's the norm among some groups that have the highest I.Q.'s in the U.S. These are the future doctors, engineer's and lawyer's. All of them morons? I think not. In closing, as long as our society allows alcohol to remain its #1 drug problem -- people will continue killing themselves as well as other people - but it isn't because they're morons. In my opinion, it's by design and an engrained tolerance by a government and industrial complex that tries very hard to get us addicted to one kind of drug or another. We have the highest worker productivity, and most drugs and the largest, most powerful military the world has ever known. See any parallels here? Maybe this is just a bunch of bullshit and we should be getting back to tires and doohickey's before some of the regular posters get pissy and start whinning. I'll close with one more item of interest --- "Things are almost always not what they seem". KLR Rider - Scott Adams wrote: Actually, I don't see Tim's standard as that hard to maintain. As a firefighter/emt who picks people up off the highway all too often, I completely concur and will repeat: if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're a moron. -Scott
----- Original Message ----- From: "WILLAM GILMORE" > Your response would be appropriate if everyone were able to live by the impeccable standards and degree of self righteousness you're able to demonstrate. Does this mean you've never fought a chimpanze, pissed on an > > Tim Nielsen wrote: > > I'm sorry, but if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're a moron. It > demands enough attention to ride sober. List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Russell Scott

Post by Russell Scott » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:07 pm

Can we get off this subject, and back to politics. :) R -----Original Message----- From: Harry Seifert [mailto:bseifert71@...] Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 2:30 PM To: KLR Rider - Scott Adams; Tim Nielsen; KLR List; WILLAM GILMORE Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR Wake-up call on riding safely! AMEN. It does prove out Darwin's theory of evolution. Harry Seifert bseifert71@...
> [Original Message] > From: KLR Rider - Scott Adams > To: Tim Nielsen ; KLR List DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com>;
WILLAM GILMORE
> Date: 9/16/2004 2:02:24 PM > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR Wake-up call on riding safely! > > Actually, I don't see Tim's standard as that hard to maintain. As a > firefighter/emt who picks people up off the highway all too often, I > completely concur and will repeat: if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're
a
> moron. > > -Scott > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "WILLAM GILMORE" > > > > Your response would be appropriate if everyone were able to live by the > impeccable standards and degree of self righteousness you're able to > demonstrate. Does this mean you've never fought a chimpanze, pissed on an > > > Tim Nielsen wrote: > > > > I'm sorry, but if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're a moron. It > > demands enough attention to ride sober. > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ
> Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >
List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Yahoo! Groups Links

WILLAM GILMORE

Post by WILLAM GILMORE » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:08 pm

Harry -- kindly refresh everyone what Darwin's theory of evolution is? Harry Seifert wrote:AMEN. It does prove out Darwin's theory of evolution. Harry Seifert bseifert71@...
> [Original Message] > From: KLR Rider - Scott Adams > To: Tim Nielsen ; KLR List ;
WILLAM GILMORE
a
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Harry Seifert

Post by Harry Seifert » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:42 pm

To be put in basic "moron-ese", those that survive the rigors of life will continue and procreate, those that don't, won't. It seems that this may be the first of this kind of accident that you have witnessed. I have been scraping up MORONS, such as your victim, for the past 24 years as a ff/emt/fire chief. I do have sympathy for your victim's family for what HE has put them through. He has it easy. BTW, can you support your thesis about binge drinking and future "leaders of society"? It all boils down to one very important fact, if you drink, don't drive. And if you ain't smart enough to figure that one out Bunky, you are a MORON. Harry Seifert bseifert71@...
> [Original Message] > From: WILLAM GILMORE > To: ; KLR Rider - Scott Adams
; Tim Nielsen ; KLR List DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com>
> Date: 9/16/2004 3:08:02 PM > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR Wake-up call on riding safely! > > Harry -- kindly refresh everyone what Darwin's theory of evolution is? > > Harry Seifert wrote:AMEN. It does prove out
Darwin's theory of evolution.
> > Harry Seifert > bseifert71@... > > > > [Original Message] > > From: KLR Rider - Scott Adams > > To: Tim Nielsen ; KLR List ; > WILLAM GILMORE > > Date: 9/16/2004 2:02:24 PM > > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR Wake-up call on riding safely! > > > > Actually, I don't see Tim's standard as that hard to maintain. As a > > firefighter/emt who picks people up off the highway all too often, I > > completely concur and will repeat: if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're > a > > moron. > > > > -Scott > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "WILLAM GILMORE" > > > > > > > Your response would be appropriate if everyone were able to live by
the
> > impeccable standards and degree of self righteousness you're able to > > demonstrate. Does this mean you've never fought a chimpanze, pissed on
an
> > > > > Tim Nielsen wrote: > > > > > > I'm sorry, but if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're a moron. It > > > demands enough attention to ride sober. > > > > > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ

Devon

Post by Devon » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:42 pm

willgilmore@... wrote:
>I don't see why this is so difficult to grasp. It simply never was or will be a perfect world. Because someone makes a bad decision doesn't make them a moron. >
No, and if the original poster called the kid a moron, then that was a bit harsh. But it's not one "bad decision", it's a string of poor judgement beginning weeks or months before, and culminating in that fatal accident. And his peers and parents were there (hopefully) trying to influence his judgement. No helmet? poor judgement Powerful sportbike, inexperienced rider? poor judgement. High speed on public road with turnoffs on both sides? poor judgement. Driving and drinking? poor judgement. Take any one or two of these out of the equation, and the accident may not have happened. To a point, analyzing the incident may prevent a future injury to another rider, so it's worth looking at. Who f*&king cares about laying blame? Somebody lost their son. You're not supposed to outlive your children. Devon Devon

WILLAM GILMORE

Post by WILLAM GILMORE » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:52 pm

Harry -- that's my point. Your lecturing the choir won't do a thing to prevent another kid from being scraped up off the pavement by you or anyone else in uniform. It might make you feel better to pass off all who's died or been killed by a drunken driver as a moronic event but it does nothing to address the problem. Every moron knows (I'm beginning to feel a bond to all who are them) that people shouldn't drink and drive. And yet alcohol related traffic fatalities are up in my part of the country. What does that mean -- morons breed? You know and I know Harry, if we wanted to impact DWI we'd have to come close to impact our countries attitude about alcohol consumption just as we did cigarette smoking. Which, by the way, kills a bunch of folks as well. But you know something - that won't happend in our lifetime. The lobby is way way too strong. About Darwin's theory -- survival hinges not on strength but the adatation a species has made to their environment. And that's why rather dim witted, drunken kids on crotch rockets abound --that's the environment we and their parents have created for them in the name of a free market economey. We suppy the snakes, but if one bites you we're not responsible. Harry Seifert wrote: To be put in basic "moron-ese", those that survive the rigors of life will continue and procreate, those that don't, won't. It seems that this may be the first of this kind of accident that you have witnessed. I have been scraping up MORONS, such as your victim, for the past 24 years as a ff/emt/fire chief. I do have sympathy for your victim's family for what HE has put them through. He has it easy. BTW, can you support your thesis about binge drinking and future "leaders of society"? It all boils down to one very important fact, if you drink, don't drive. And if you ain't smart enough to figure that one out Bunky, you are a MORON. Harry Seifert bseifert71@...
> [Original Message] > From: WILLAM GILMORE > To: ; KLR Rider - Scott Adams
; Tim Nielsen ; KLR List
> Date: 9/16/2004 3:08:02 PM > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR Wake-up call on riding safely! > > Harry -- kindly refresh everyone what Darwin's theory of evolution is? > > Harry Seifert wrote:AMEN. It does prove out
Darwin's theory of evolution.
> > Harry Seifert > bseifert71@... > > > > [Original Message] > > From: KLR Rider - Scott Adams > > To: Tim Nielsen ; KLR List ; > WILLAM GILMORE > > Date: 9/16/2004 2:02:24 PM > > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR Wake-up call on riding safely! > > > > Actually, I don't see Tim's standard as that hard to maintain. As a > > firefighter/emt who picks people up off the highway all too often, I > > completely concur and will repeat: if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're > a > > moron. > > > > -Scott > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "WILLAM GILMORE" > > > > > > > Your response would be appropriate if everyone were able to live by
the
> > impeccable standards and degree of self righteousness you're able to > > demonstrate. Does this mean you've never fought a chimpanze, pissed on
an
> > > > > Tim Nielsen wrote: > > > > > > I'm sorry, but if you drink at ALL, and ride, you're a moron. It > > > demands enough attention to ride sober. > > > > > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ
List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:56 pm

After dropping my first bike at 20 and making a wretched mess of myself, I'm glad I waited 15yrs until I got another one. I used to ride and drive like an ass back then and it's a wonder I didn't get myself killed. I understand what it's like, but it's still not something I feel all that bad about when I hear of wrecks. I stopped most of my drinking and all of my drinking and driving after being an EMT myself. Spend some time picking up the pieces of other people's messes and it will change you. Arden Kysely wrote:
> I agree completely, but I think Will's point is that wisdom of that > sort is rare in a 20-year-old. And I agree with that, too. I'm just > happy to have made it through my youth with all my limbs and a few > operational brain cells. > > __Arden