racism, presidential politics, beliefs, etc nklr

DSN_KLR650
yamadog4

the nklr 650 bs

Post by yamadog4 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:00 pm

Wow I thought I was joining a group that had a common interest as mine ... the KLR 650 motorcycle. I recently purchased a 2000 "killer" and wanted to find out all the ins and outs of owning one these wonderful bikes. I also hoped to meet some cool people who ride bikes and learn from their experience mechanically and discover new and exciting places to ride dual sport motorcycles. As a newbie to this list not motorcycles what I have discovered is quite different than what I expected. While I have enjoyed reading many posts from riders who actually ride ... and work on their own motorcycles, I have been turned off to this group by the polictical and other non klr posts that seem to dominate the group. Why don't these people take this crap to another group? There are many political groups out there to join and not pollute groups such as this. I guess this is maybe a terrible first post to the group but I guess I just have had enough sifting through the posts and BS to find tidbits about the klr as I can stand, too bad because the guys and gals who post about their bikes seem very knowledgable and helpful. Guess I've said enough ... anyone going to the Big Woods ride in Northern Wisconsin in Sept? See you there if you are sounds like a great time! Greg

kdxkawboy@aol.com

the nklr 650 bs

Post by kdxkawboy@aol.com » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:52 am

In a message dated 2004-08-26 9:00:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, gdettmann@... writes:
> > Wow I thought I was joining a group that had a common interest as > mine ... the KLR 650 motorcycle. I recently purchased a > 2000 "killer" and wanted to find out all the ins and outs of owning > one these wonderful bikes. I also hoped to meet some cool people who > ride bikes and learn from their experience mechanically and discover > new and exciting places to ride dual sport motorcycles. As a newbie > to this list not motorcycles what I have discovered is quite > different than what I expected. While I have enjoyed reading many > posts from riders who actually ride ... and work on their own > motorcycles, I have been turned off to this group by the polictical > and other non klr posts that seem to dominate the group. Why don't > these people take this crap to another group? There are many > political groups out there to join and not pollute groups such as > this. I guess this is maybe a terrible first post to the group but I > guess I just have had enough sifting through the posts and BS to > find tidbits about the klr as I can stand, too bad because the guys > and gals who post about their bikes seem very knowledgable and > helpful. Guess I've said enough ... anyone going to the Big Woods > ride in Northern Wisconsin in Sept? See you there if you are sounds > like a great time! > > Greg > >
Greg, Hang in there. With time you will learn to recognize the handles of those small minds, you know, the ones that think the list is somehow better if they keep it one the edge of a constant flame war, and like the overwhelming majority of us, you just ignore their posts (use the delete key if you got one). We need more folks like yourself to help us from keeping this list from returning to the cesspool it once was. Pat G'ville, Nv [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

D Critchley

the nklr 650 bs

Post by D Critchley » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:07 pm

Is it not possible for the people that don't like NKLR stuff to just set their filters to shoot it directly down the tube ? That way the rest of us can wallow in other peoples prejudices as much as we want. DC kdxkawboy@... wrote:
>In a message dated 2004-08-26 9:00:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, >gdettmann@... writes: > > > >>Wow I thought I was joining a group that had a common interest as >>mine ... the KLR 650 motorcycle. I recently purchased a >>2000 "killer" and wanted to find out all the ins and outs of owning >>one these wonderful bikes. I also hoped to meet some cool people who >>ride bikes and learn from their experience mechanically and discover >>new and exciting places to ride dual sport motorcycles. As a newbie >>to this list not motorcycles what I have discovered is quite >>different than what I expected. While I have enjoyed reading many >>posts from riders who actually ride ... and work on their own >>motorcycles, I have been turned off to this group by the polictical >>and other non klr posts that seem to dominate the group. Why don't >>these people take this crap to another group? There are many >>political groups out there to join and not pollute groups such as >>this. I guess this is maybe a terrible first post to the group but I >>guess I just have had enough sifting through the posts and BS to >>find tidbits about the klr as I can stand, too bad because the guys >>and gals who post about their bikes seem very knowledgable and >>helpful. Guess I've said enough ... anyone going to the Big Woods >>ride in Northern Wisconsin in Sept? See you there if you are sounds >>like a great time! >> >>Greg >> >> >> >> > >Greg, >Hang in there. With time you will learn to recognize the handles of those >small minds, you know, the ones that think the list is somehow better if they >keep it one the edge of a constant flame war, and like the overwhelming majority >of us, you just ignore their posts (use the delete key if you got one). We >need more folks like yourself to help us from keeping this list from returning to >the cesspool it once was. > >Pat >G'ville, Nv > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > >List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html >Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > >
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

GMac999

the nklr 650 bs

Post by GMac999 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:01 pm

Greg, I too have been turned off by the number of NKLR posts. I ended up sending all of them straight to the trash using the rules wizard in MS Outlook. That way it cuts the 70 - 90 messages down to 10 - 15 that mean something. Another Greg 1995 A9 -----Original Message----- From: yamadog4 [mailto:gdettmann@...] Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 11:00 PM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] The nklr 650 BS Wow I thought I was joining a group that had a common interest as mine ... the KLR 650 motorcycle. I recently purchased a 2000 "killer" and wanted to find out all the ins and outs of owning one these wonderful bikes. I also hoped to meet some cool people who ride bikes and learn from their experience mechanically and discover new and exciting places to ride dual sport motorcycles. As a newbie to this list not motorcycles what I have discovered is quite different than what I expected. While I have enjoyed reading many posts from riders who actually ride ... and work on their own motorcycles, I have been turned off to this group by the polictical and other non klr posts that seem to dominate the group. Why don't these people take this crap to another group? There are many political groups out there to join and not pollute groups such as this. I guess this is maybe a terrible first post to the group but I guess I just have had enough sifting through the posts and BS to find tidbits about the klr as I can stand, too bad because the guys and gals who post about their bikes seem very knowledgable and helpful. Guess I've said enough ... anyone going to the Big Woods ride in Northern Wisconsin in Sept? See you there if you are sounds like a great time! Greg List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Yahoo! Groups Links

klr6501995

the nklr 650 bs

Post by klr6501995 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:32 pm

So how did you get to read this originator of this thread ? it had NKLR in it ?? Meaning that maybe these nklr post are enjoyed by many. Hey Even I'm starting to tired...
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "GMac999" wrote: > Greg, > > I too have been turned off by the number of NKLR posts. I ended up sending > all of them straight to the trash using the rules wizard in MS Outlook. > That way it cuts the 70 - 90 messages down to 10 - 15 that mean something. > > Another Greg > 1995 A9 > > -----Original Message----- > From: yamadog4 [mailto:gdettmann@y...] > Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 11:00 PM > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [DSN_klr650] The nklr 650 BS > > > > Wow I thought I was joining a group that had a common interest as > mine ... the KLR 650 motorcycle. I recently purchased a > 2000 "killer" and wanted to find out all the ins and outs of owning > one these wonderful bikes. I also hoped to meet some cool people who > ride bikes and learn from their experience mechanically and discover > new and exciting places to ride dual sport motorcycles. As a newbie > to this list not motorcycles what I have discovered is quite > different than what I expected. While I have enjoyed reading many > posts from riders who actually ride ... and work on their own > motorcycles, I have been turned off to this group by the polictical > and other non klr posts that seem to dominate the group. Why don't > these people take this crap to another group? There are many > political groups out there to join and not pollute groups such as > this. I guess this is maybe a terrible first post to the group but I > guess I just have had enough sifting through the posts and BS to > find tidbits about the klr as I can stand, too bad because the guys > and gals who post about their bikes seem very knowledgable and > helpful. Guess I've said enough ... anyone going to the Big Woods > ride in Northern Wisconsin in Sept? See you there if you are sounds > like a great time! > > Greg > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

WILLAM GILMORE

the nklr 650 bs

Post by WILLAM GILMORE » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:39 pm

It might have been started by the Nakedrabbitslayer when he quoted some lines out of a movie that some of us thought was his own. It's just been crazy here - almost out of control. All these hard core off-roaders steeped in political dialog. It's been pure hell and I wish I could just stop reading these posts. If only someone would tell me I don't have to. I need my analyst -- where the fuck is my analyst and my teddy bear? klr6501995 wrote: So how did you get to read this originator of this thread ? it had NKLR in it ?? Meaning that maybe these nklr post are enjoyed by many. Hey Even I'm starting to tired...
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "GMac999" wrote: > Greg, > > I too have been turned off by the number of NKLR posts. I ended up sending > all of them straight to the trash using the rules wizard in MS Outlook. > That way it cuts the 70 - 90 messages down to 10 - 15 that mean something. > > Another Greg > 1995 A9 > > -----Original Message----- > From: yamadog4 [mailto:gdettmann@y...] > Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 11:00 PM > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [DSN_klr650] The nklr 650 BS > > > > Wow I thought I was joining a group that had a common interest as > mine ... the KLR 650 motorcycle. I recently purchased a > 2000 "killer" and wanted to find out all the ins and outs of owning > one these wonderful bikes. I also hoped to meet some cool people who > ride bikes and learn from their experience mechanically and discover > new and exciting places to ride dual sport motorcycles. As a newbie > to this list not motorcycles what I have discovered is quite > different than what I expected. While I have enjoyed reading many > posts from riders who actually ride ... and work on their own > motorcycles, I have been turned off to this group by the polictical > and other non klr posts that seem to dominate the group. Why don't > these people take this crap to another group? There are many > political groups out there to join and not pollute groups such as > this. I guess this is maybe a terrible first post to the group but I > guess I just have had enough sifting through the posts and BS to > find tidbits about the klr as I can stand, too bad because the guys > and gals who post about their bikes seem very knowledgable and > helpful. Guess I've said enough ... anyone going to the Big Woods > ride in Northern Wisconsin in Sept? See you there if you are sounds > like a great time! > > Greg > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Russell Scott

the nklr 650 bs

Post by Russell Scott » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:43 pm

I just got Doom 3. So I'm off to the fantasy world of death and destruction, away from the political world of death and destruction. R DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: The nklr 650 BS So how did you get to read this originator of this thread ? it had NKLR in it ?? Meaning that maybe these nklr post are enjoyed by many. Hey Even I'm starting to tired... Y

klr6501995

the nklr 650 bs

Post by klr6501995 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:49 pm

yo bro even I the hardcor right wing white chritian male laet out a laugh when I read our reply. I don't laugh that often.... --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, WILLAM GILMORE wrote:
> It might have been started by the Nakedrabbitslayer when he quoted
some lines out of a movie that some of us thought was his own. It's just been crazy here - almost out of control. All these hard core off- roaders steeped in political dialog. It's been pure hell and I wish I could just stop reading these posts. If only someone would tell me I don't have to.
> I need my analyst -- where the fuck is my analyst and my teddy bear? > > klr6501995 wrote: > So how did you get to read this originator of this thread ? > > it had NKLR in it ?? > > Meaning that maybe these nklr post are enjoyed by many. > > Hey Even I'm starting to tired... > > > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "GMac999" wrote: > > Greg, > > > > I too have been turned off by the number of NKLR posts. I ended
up
> sending > > all of them straight to the trash using the rules wizard in MS > Outlook. > > That way it cuts the 70 - 90 messages down to 10 - 15 that mean > something. > > > > Another Greg > > 1995 A9 > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: yamadog4 [mailto:gdettmann@y...] > > Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 11:00 PM > > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > > Subject: [DSN_klr650] The nklr 650 BS > > > > > > > > Wow I thought I was joining a group that had a common interest as > > mine ... the KLR 650 motorcycle. I recently purchased a > > 2000 "killer" and wanted to find out all the ins and outs of
owning
> > one these wonderful bikes. I also hoped to meet some cool people
who
> > ride bikes and learn from their experience mechanically and
discover
> > new and exciting places to ride dual sport motorcycles. As a
> > to this list not motorcycles what I have discovered is quite > > different than what I expected. While I have enjoyed reading many > > posts from riders who actually ride ... and work on their own > > motorcycles, I have been turned off to this group by the
polictical
> > and other non klr posts that seem to dominate the group. Why don't > > these people take this crap to another group? There are many > > political groups out there to join and not pollute groups such as > > this. I guess this is maybe a terrible first post to the group
but I
> > guess I just have had enough sifting through the posts and BS to > > find tidbits about the klr as I can stand, too bad because the
guys
> > and gals who post about their bikes seem very knowledgable and > > helpful. Guess I've said enough ... anyone going to the Big Woods > > ride in Northern Wisconsin in Sept? See you there if you are
sounds
> > like a great time! > > > > Greg > > > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List
FAQ
> > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List
FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html
> Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Mike Torst

racism, presidential politics, beliefs, etc nklr

Post by Mike Torst » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:50 pm

Ah, I like Wally world. How long did you work there? Mike Torst Las Vegas -----Original Message----- From: squasher_1 [mailto:THESQUASHER@...] Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 5:14 PM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Racism, Presidential politics, beliefs, etc NKLR SO, What kinda oil do you use in your KLR????? I use Shell Rotella Synthetic 5w-40 and I buy it at Wal-mart because they beat up old women with disabilities and exploit children in China plus they treat illegal immigrants like shit It's almost Friday!!!! :)