memorable bike views

DSN_KLR650
Ingo Lahnemann

ny/nj doohicky fix

Post by Ingo Lahnemann » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:57 pm

I suggest we take Richy up on his offer... Pool, tools, BBQ... What more can we ask for. Richy, without being too forward on my part... Pick a weekend in late July or early August and see who can be there. I have eight names that have expressed an interest: Devon Richy Ingo Chris Steve Ryan Thor Brian Anyone I missed? I'll probably bring a riding buddy who also has a '98 KLR... As I said, I'll bring an extra set of tools, we can "chip in" for beverages and burgers... I can't think of a better time. I might even meet some new "riding buddies"... Lots of dirt roads here in Western NJ. Best regards, Ingo Lahnemann Office Phone:1+609 397-0525 Mobile Phone:1+609 937-8246

Richy

ny/nj doohicky fix

Post by Richy » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:21 am

I will give you a call on my day off, sounds like a plan... I was checking out Freds site and saw a few choices on the doohickey, since you guys will be bringing the tools specific to the bike, what package should I order from Fred aka Arrowhead to avoid ordering stuff I dont need.... Tnx Richy --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Ingo Lahnemann" wrote:
> I suggest we take Richy up on his offer... Pool, tools, BBQ... What
more can
> we ask for. > > Richy, without being too forward on my part... Pick a weekend in
late July
> or early August and see who can be there. I have eight names that
have
> expressed an interest: > > Devon > Richy > Ingo > Chris > Steve > Ryan > Thor > Brian > > Anyone I missed? I'll probably bring a riding buddy who also has
a '98
> KLR... As I said, I'll bring an extra set of tools, we can "chip
in" for
> beverages and burgers... I can't think of a better time. I might
even meet
> some new "riding buddies"... Lots of dirt roads here in Western NJ. > > Best regards, > > > Ingo Lahnemann > Office Phone:1+609 397-0525 > Mobile Phone:1+609 937-8246

Fred Hink

ny/nj doohicky fix

Post by Fred Hink » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:34 am

I have two "Kits". Both kits will contain everything you will need to change out your Doohickeys. It all depends on what year of KLR you have. One kit is for all late model KLRs made after '96. The other kit for pre-96 KLRs includes all of the late model pieces plus the upgraded adjuster bolt, washer and o-ring. So if you have a 96 or newer KLR, get part no. 32-3000 and if you have an older model you will need part no. 32-3002. If you only need the parts to be changed out minus the tools. You will need for late model KLRs the Eagle Lever and Springs, Rotor Bolt and two gaskets. (some say you don't need the bolt and gaskets, but that is up to you) For Pre 96 KLRs you will also need the balancer upgrade part no. 32-2500. Fred http://www.arrowheadmotorsports.com http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/cmc.html
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richy" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 8:21 AM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: NY/NJ Doohicky Fix > > I will give you a call on my day off, sounds like a plan... I was > checking out Freds site and saw a few choices on the doohickey, since > you guys will be bringing the tools specific to the bike, what > package should I order from Fred aka Arrowhead to avoid ordering > stuff I dont need.... > > Tnx Richy

Richy

ny/nj doohicky fix

Post by Richy » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:55 am

Look at this shit, not only does he ship his stuff lightning fast (ordered some stuff from Fred and it was like he flew here on the concorde and hand delivered it)He provides tech support and on line customer service right here on the list.. Arrowhead is numba 1!!! Thanks Fred... Regards.. Richy
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hink" wrote: > I have two "Kits". Both kits will contain everything you will need to > change out your Doohickeys. It all depends on what year of KLR you have. > One kit is for all late model KLRs made after '96. The other kit for pre-96 > KLRs includes all of the late model pieces plus the upgraded adjuster bolt, > washer and o-ring. So if you have a 96 or newer KLR, get part no. 32-3000 > and if you have an older model you will need part no. 32-3002. > > If you only need the parts to be changed out minus the tools. You will need > for late model KLRs the Eagle Lever and Springs, Rotor Bolt and two gaskets. > (some say you don't need the bolt and gaskets, but that is up to you) For > Pre 96 KLRs you will also need the balancer upgrade part no. 32- 2500. > > Fred > http://www.arrowheadmotorsports.com > http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/cmc.html > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Richy" > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 8:21 AM > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: NY/NJ Doohicky Fix > > > > > > I will give you a call on my day off, sounds like a plan... I was > > checking out Freds site and saw a few choices on the doohickey, since > > you guys will be bringing the tools specific to the bike, what > > package should I order from Fred aka Arrowhead to avoid ordering > > stuff I dont need.... > > > > Tnx Richy

kdxkawboy@aol.com

memorable bike views

Post by kdxkawboy@aol.com » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:03 pm

In a message dated 2004-06-29 4:38:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time, shersant2003@... writes:
> > Does anyone else have one time that they looked at their bike and > where they were, and thought, "this is THE moment"? Mine was on the > top of the Midnight Dome, which is the half broken "mountain" you > always see in photos of Dawson City, Yukon at the time of the big > gold rush. I'd met an American couple on a Suzuki SP 370 ( I think > that's what it was called) and we rode up to the top, parked our > bikes stategically, and took photos with the bikes, the Yukon River > and the town below. I've always had a special attachment to the real > North. Robert Service wrote "I want to go back, and I will" (or > similar !). > Anyone else interested in sharing a special moment? I hate to > interrupt the fork springs and handguards etc. threads but I'm just > a sentimental sort of guy. > Steve > British Columbia > Canada > >
Mine would be the May '96 SheetIron 300 DS ride. It runs from Stoneyford, CA to Fort Bragg CA and back. That year was one of the wettest Mays on record in California. The week leading up to the ride it rained hard. The rain didn't break until noon the Friday before the ride and everyone was getting their trucks stuck in the mud of the field turned into a campground. Saturday's ride was 150 miles of nasty, red clay mud in a downpour, minus the thirty miles of pavement we rode. It was so bad the sponsoring club had to close all the A loops and offer paved bailouts for every dirt section. As the last section turned from dirt to pavement it finally stopped raining. Another mile down the road and the sun came out. As we reached the intersection with Hwy. 1 it was actual warm and these was the spot those few of us that had decided to tough out the toughest section stopped to savor the moment. Must have been about thirty of us parked. Every surface on our bikes, every nook, cranny and hollow was packed with mud and we looked like we had been rolling in it. Folks are pulling out the last of the munchies, drinks and cigarettes, with everything going into the communal pool that fueled our celebration. We're sitting there swapping stores, trying to top each other when one guy decided to shut them all up, 'I don't care how good y'all think you are, I want to talk to guy who rode that KLR with the rubber footpegs and MT70s. That rider is a true mud god'. Having what I think is a flair for the dramatics, I just laid low and when the conversation turned back to telling tall tales I suited up, got on my bike and when I lit her up every head snapped to attention and watched me ride out of site. And if that ain't the truth, it ought to be. Pat G'ville, Nv [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]