so much for the drawing

DSN_KLR650
ustaownbmw

head light bulb wire clip solved

Post by ustaownbmw » Mon May 31, 2004 6:07 pm

Edmund, Nice to know I am not the only Bozo having trouble with this seemingly trivial deal. OK - On my A18 the triangle actually goes on the left. The triangle goes below the "tab". The top of the affair rests/pushes against the bulb ASSEMBLY. The free end/"arm" goes on the right into the "slot". See crude drawring ;) below. I bent mine taking it off just enough to totally confound. That happened cause I didn't peel back the rubber - all the way - first - instead just peeled back enough to see clip. Can't wait till it gets dark out. Just rode up to Estes Park. Hit dirt over by Pierson Park. Busy up there - lots of ATV's and people shootin guns. Yehaw. On way out got behind truck with ancient KLR250 in bed - had some sweet offroad tires on it (the bike not the truck). Headlight Bulb Wire Clip Drawring light assembly ^ / \ / "arm" / \/ "tab" II II "slot" "triangle" /\

ustaownbmw

so much for the drawing

Post by ustaownbmw » Mon May 31, 2004 6:18 pm

Edmund, Drawing didn't work out. I took pic so if you're still scratching your head e-mail me at fishbaj@.... I'll send it to you. Jim ustaownbmw