for sale: 2000 kawasaki klr 650 in eugene,oregon

DSN_KLR650
The Misanthropic Biker

grinding clutch... aaaargh! need advice.

Post by The Misanthropic Biker » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:57 am

Folks, Just discovered that my clutch makes nasty grinding sound when operated... how bad I'm f*cked, you think? Is it something a clutch kit would take care of, or is my throwout bearing about to go, or am I in for a big overhaul? Thanks! D. ===== "Autobirota non facit biker!" __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Search - Find what you re looking for faster http://search.yahoo.com

Zachariah Mully

grinding clutch... aaaargh! need advice.

Post by Zachariah Mully » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:08 am

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 10:38, The Misanthropic Biker wrote:
> Folks, > > Just discovered that my clutch makes nasty grinding > sound when operated... how bad I'm f*cked, you think? > Is it something a clutch kit would take care of, or is > my throwout bearing about to go, or am I in for a big > overhaul? Thanks! >
Grinding from where? What year bike? The clutch is easy to get at, though I'd recommend picking up the Motion Pro clutch basket holding tool (looks like a set of vise-grips with a funny jaw). You might have the dreaded clutch basket broken spring (as per Elden Carl) if you're riding a pre-96. Figure it'll be 3-4 hours work to get in and out of a clutch inspection. If it's a horrible grinding noise, I'd avoid riding it until you can get in there. Z DC A5X A12X

xparallax

for sale: 2000 kawasaki klr 650 in eugene,oregon

Post by xparallax » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:36 am

Hi folks,,I have a 2000 kawa klr 650 I would like to sell...did valve adjust and coolant flush at 3k,oil changes religiously,,bikes in nice shape,currently has under 5k miles,,garaged,,comes with valve shim kit from sagebrush, full soft luggaga,,extra winshields,oil filter,,chain lube,,maint.manual,,,etc.etc. would like to get $3000.00 ph. 541-912-3370.or e-mail,,thanxs....jim