hesitation at highway speed

DSN_KLR650
Rick

trade my klr for your...

Post by Rick » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:13 am

I'm getting the itch to swap bikes again, this sickness hits me at least once a year. (Last year I traded a Bandit 1200 for my KLR). This year my illness' symptoms are tourey instead of dual-sporty. I have found a local Bandit 600 that the seller has agreed to trade straight up for my KLR, but heck, there's so many bikes I like that I thought I'd throw out a feeler to the KLR list before I take the plunge. Anybody in NorCal (or nearby) have some kind of esoteric streetbike they wanna trade "Even Steven" for an '01 KLR650? I like SV650, Concours, FJ1200, CBR1000, CB1000, ZRX1100, TransAlp (and about 100 other bikes) etc etc. I'm insane! Rick

Mark Sampson

trade my klr for your...

Post by Mark Sampson » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:26 am

I'm insane! Rick No Rick, Your not insane-------you have definitely got what I have been ate up with for 32 years. It's pretty rare to have it as bad as me and you have it. It is better known as "Sickleitis". Most people with the affliction are almost impossible to live with---especially during the winter months. There is no cure----just go with it and I hope you have an understanding wife---which I luckily do. Mark Sampson www.bigdogadventures.com

xs650@dejazzd.com

trade my klr for your...

Post by xs650@dejazzd.com » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:37 am

I probably have it bad, but don't trade. I just buy another when the deal is too good to resist. Eric in Pa A7 green monster 98 Shadow 1100 Ace Tourer(purchased new 2002) 79 XT500 78 XS650 77 XS650 76 XS650
> > From: "Mark Sampson" > Date: 2003/08/08 Fri AM 07:26:10 EDT > To: "KLR650" DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> > Subject: RE: [DSN_klr650] Trade my KLR for your... > > > I'm insane! > Rick > > > No Rick, > > Your not insane-------you have definitely got what I have been ate up with > for 32 years. It's pretty rare to have it as bad as me and you have it. It > is better known as "Sickleitis". > Most people with the affliction are almost impossible to live > with---especially during the winter months. > There is no cure----just go with it and I hope you have an understanding > wife---which I luckily do. > > Mark Sampson > www.bigdogadventures.com > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >

Rick

trade my klr for your...

Post by Rick » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:43 am

Heh, the wife is understanding, but I do sometimes try her patience with my bike expenses! Rick --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Sampson" wrote:
> There is no cure----just go with it and I hope you have an
understanding
> wife---which I luckily do.

Rick

trade my klr for your...

Post by Rick » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:37 pm

If anybody cares, today I traded my KLR for...nothing. Instead I put on my dirt gear and went dirt-clod tossing at the Knoxville-Berryessa OHV area above California's Lake Berryessa. Yeeha, the KLR sure is fun in the dirt! Rick

kcuf_oohay_666

hesitation at highway speed

Post by kcuf_oohay_666 » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:56 pm

It could be a lean condition with the carb. Maybe the filters inside the tank are dirty. I had a similar problem at around 27,000 miles (A15). I checked everything I could think of with the engine but couldn't find anything. Then I noticed my chain was wasted and so was both sprockets. after replacing them I didn't have the problem. Check your chain and sprockets --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "akrider2002" wrote:
> My bike (2001 KLR) has recently begun to hesitate while riding on > the highway at between 65 and 70 mph. I get just a slight
(although
> it seems to be getting worse) pitch forward while cruising at these > speeds. I can hear no problems with the engine and it seems to run > fine at slower speeds. The bike has just shy of 10K miles and has > had all of its regularly scheduled maintenance performed by my
local
> dealer.
Any ideas on where to start looking to
> fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.