off season care (deltran and yuasa battery chargers)

DSN_KLR650
The Mule

very wide boots nklr

Post by The Mule » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:47 pm

I hear ya Robert. I had an accident with substantial ankle injuries while wearing hiking boots. It makes it even clearer to me to have two pair of boots on a trip, and to wear the riding boots only for short trips, commutes, etc. The Mule
----- Original Message ----- From: "robert bowman" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 9:14 AM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: VERY WIDE BOOTS > On Tuesday 08 April 2003 06:40, Dooden wrote: > > Honestly, I do not have MC boots, just cant justify the cost, at > > least yet, but I do wear some type of boot, hiking boots work, but > > not alot of protection, on the other side of that coin, they are well > > broke in and seem to offer alot of feedback, and control. > > I tend to use a bike to get someplace, and then start walking, so a special > purpose boot that I can't hike in doesn't work. However, I can testify a good > hiking boot isn't much protection for lower leg/ankle injuries. I can also > state that if you get caught in an awkward spot, stepping off the bike and > dropping it on the radiator is cheaper than 5 weeks in plaster for a simple > chip off the old leg bone acquired while trying to let the damn thing down > gently. > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

Devon Jarvis

very wide boots nklr

Post by Devon Jarvis » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:38 pm

Plus it's really, really nice to put on dry boots and clean socks after your feet have been sweating in the same pair of boots for most of the day. Devon The Mule wrote:
> > I hear ya Robert. I had an accident with substantial ankle injuries while > wearing hiking boots. It makes it even clearer to me to have two pair of > boots on a trip, and to wear the riding boots only for short trips, > commutes, etc. > > The Mule >

The Mule

very wide boots nklr

Post by The Mule » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:17 pm

Sure is.....I like to decant my fermenting feet into a pair of Teva Protons after dismounting, for camp footwear, and for watersports. They're like waterproof slippers. Nose may vary. The Mule
----- Original Message ----- From: "Devon Jarvis" To: "KLR650 group" DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 3:40 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Re: VERY WIDE BOOTS NKLR > Plus it's really, really nice to put on dry boots and clean > socks after your feet have been sweating in the same pair of > boots for most of the day. > > Devon > > > The Mule wrote: > > > > I hear ya Robert. I had an accident with substantial ankle injuries while > > wearing hiking boots. It makes it even clearer to me to have two pair of > > boots on a trip, and to wear the riding boots only for short trips, > > commutes, etc. > > > > The Mule > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

Devon Jarvis

very wide boots nklr

Post by Devon Jarvis » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:43 pm

My sister did a semester on an oceangoing sailing yacht, doing research during some joint URI- Woods Hole project. She had a pair of Teva's, but her bunkmates made her leave them abovedecks tied to the lifeline. They just smelled too bad for an enclosed space. Devon The Mule wrote:
> > Sure is.....I like to decant my fermenting feet into a pair of Teva Protons > after dismounting, for camp footwear, and for watersports. They're like > waterproof slippers. Nose may vary. > > The Mule > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Devon Jarvis" > To: "KLR650 group" DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 3:40 PM > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Re: VERY WIDE BOOTS NKLR > > > Plus it's really, really nice to put on dry boots and clean > > socks after your feet have been sweating in the same pair of > > boots for most of the day. > > > > Devon > > > >

mwl_95623

very wide boots nklr

Post by mwl_95623 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:28 pm

Geeze...I tried to start a boot thread a few weeks back and hardly got any feedback. Then along comes some guy with big wide feet and everyone and their mother relplies. What's up with that? Just kidding. I'm really NOT crying in my beer. The few replies I did get were right on the money. I ended up with the Sidi Discoveries and am happy with my choice. Matt
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "The Mule" wrote: > I hear ya Robert. I had an accident with substantial ankle injuries while > wearing hiking boots. It makes it even clearer to me to have two pair of > boots on a trip, and to wear the riding boots only for short trips, > commutes, etc. >

Bogdan Swider

very wide boots nklr

Post by Bogdan Swider » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:46 pm

> Geeze...I tried to start a boot thread a few weeks back and hardly got > any feedback. Then along comes some guy with big wide feet and > everyone and their mother relplies. What's up with that? >
I've always suspected that there was a significant contingent of webbed foot types on this list. You must have witnessed the Donald Duck fits some of these guys have. Bogdan, who wears an aristocratic 9 narrow. 42 narrow if you're from Venus - I mean Europe ( old )

Devon Jarvis

very wide boots nklr

Post by Devon Jarvis » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:07 pm

Or are there just a lot of people with opposable big toes on the list? Any polydactals? Devon Bogdan Swider wrote:
> > > Geeze...I tried to start a boot thread a few weeks back and hardly got > > any feedback. Then along comes some guy with big wide feet and > > everyone and their mother relplies. What's up with that? > > > I've always suspected that there was a significant contingent of > webbed foot types on this list. You must have witnessed the Donald Duck > fits some of these guys have. > > Bogdan, who wears an aristocratic 9 narrow. 42 narrow if you're from Venus > - I mean Europe ( old ) > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Tammy - KLR650

very wide boots nklr

Post by Tammy - KLR650 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:58 pm

Matt How do you like the Sidi Discoveries? Thanks, Tammy *********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********
On 4/8/2003 at 9:28 PM mwl_95623 wrote: >Geeze...I tried to start a boot thread a few weeks back and hardly got >any feedback. Then along comes some guy with big wide feet and >everyone and their mother relplies. What's up with that? > >Just kidding. I'm really NOT crying in my beer. The few replies I >did get were right on the money. I ended up with the Sidi Discoveries >and am happy with my choice. > >Matt > > >--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "The Mule" wrote: >> I hear ya Robert. I had an accident with substantial ankle injuries >while >> wearing hiking boots. It makes it even clearer to me to have two pair of >> boots on a trip, and to wear the riding boots only for short trips, >> commutes, etc. >> > > > >List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ >courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html >Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Harry Seifert

very wide boots nklr

Post by Harry Seifert » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:59 pm

> [Original Message] > From: mwl_95623 > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> > Date: 4/8/03 1:28:55 PM > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: VERY WIDE BOOTS NKLR > > Geeze...I tried to start a boot thread a few weeks back and hardly got > any feedback.
Yes, Matt Welcome to the Imelda Marcos Memorial KLR list

The Mule

very wide boots nklr

Post by The Mule » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:41 pm

Thanx Eduardo and Tammy...........Hi-Points are the ones I remember. Now I just need to find where to try them on. Are they distributed by Alpinestar? If so, sold at Alpinestar dealers? Just luv the look, now let's see if they're comfy. Anyone have experience with the Hi-Point? I smell black Italian leather in my future.............. The Mule
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eduardo" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 5:05 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: VERY WIDE BOOTS > > > http://www.imotorcyclestore.com/html/Dirt/hi_point/pro_gp.html > > Cheers, > > Eduardo > A14 > > > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "The Mule" wrote: > > You know what I REALLY want is a pair that look like the 70's style > MX boots > > that were all black and had a big long metal plate on the shin. > Those were > > real stylie. Buckles would be preferable, and some short-distance > walking > > comfort essential. Anyone remember these, or know where to find > sumtin like > > them now? > > Cruiserworks are too street oriented. The Sidi OnRoad Sympatex > look > > close to what I want, minus the conspicuous metal plate. I like Sidi > > quality, having good experiences with their bicycling footwear > products. > > Maybe something a little more off-road capable, too. A hybrid; the > look of > > street and the construction of a dirt boot. The Discovery's look > better > > suited, but I wish they had black soles. And I don't like the loud > graphics > > ala Fox and Alpinestar. > > > > The Mule > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Arden Kysely" > > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> > > Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 4:11 PM > > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: VERY WIDE BOOTS > > > > > > > Try www.cruiserworks.com. They make a nice, and nice looking, > boot. > > > Waterproof, too. Not for off-road use, but great for touring and > > > walks well as well. If that's not your style, my next > recommendation > > > would be the Sidi On-Roads. > > > > > > __Arden > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >