i finally fixed that strange problem. nklr

DSN_KLR650
carmic7@aol.com

ortleib dry bags

Post by carmic7@aol.com » Mon May 29, 2000 7:44 pm

Hello list I just got delivery of my Ortleib dry bags and was wondering if anyone has figured out how to use them as not to sit on a strap? it just so happens that the foward most strap is under my butt Help? -neil

Lance Becker

ortleib dry bags

Post by Lance Becker » Tue May 30, 2000 9:15 am

I mount the dry bag straps under the seat. It's more trouble putting them on and off, but you don't sit on the straps. Lance A14 Hello list I just got delivery of my Ortleib dry bags and was wondering if anyone has figured out how to use them as not to sit on a strap? it just so happens that the foward most strap is under my butt Help? -neil

Kendoman

ortleib dry bags

Post by Kendoman » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:46 pm

Made the move and have ordered and received Happy Trails side racks and Ortleib Dry Bags. Both products look like excellent products. I am in the process of trying to figure out how to mount the bags to the racks. Too damn many straps! If anyone on the list that has this combination would like to provide me with your experience on the best way to strap them on, it would be much appreciated. If you happen to have a picture you can send me that would be even better. As soon as I get mine secured I will take photo and put on my website... TIA, Bill in Cypress, Texas 2001 KLR 650

John Lyon

ortleib dry bags

Post by John Lyon » Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:40 pm

Initially adjusting the straps can be a PITA. This is how I have them mounted on my bike: Rear strap: run/slide it under the rear luggage rack Side straps: I loop them through the hole in the center of the triangular brackets the passenger foot pegs are attached to. You must make sure the straps are tight if you use this method because Mr. Chain will eat the left strap if you are not careful. I adjusted the wide Velcro straps that go over the seat so a fully loaded bag is flush with the top of the seat. This is handy if you use a big duffle on the rear rack (the duffle will rest on the top of the dry bags). The other straps should be self-explanatory. When you get the hang of it you can take the bags off in 30 seconds or so. Mounting the bags takes about a minute or two. Hope this helps, John Lyon --- Kendoman wrote:
> I am in the process of trying to figure out how to > mount the bags to the > racks. Too damn many straps! > > If anyone on the list that has this combination > would like to provide me > with your experience on the best way to strap them > on, it would be much > appreciated. If you happen to have a picture you can > send me that would be > even better.
===== John __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop! http://platinum.yahoo.com

dooden

i finally fixed that strange problem. nklr

Post by dooden » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:14 pm

Believe there is a 3pm slot open at Zing-Zing with your name on it tomorrow .... :-) Dooden --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Bogdan Swider" wrote:
> > > > > > > Just goes to show you need to quit whacking your stator Mark. > > > > Dave A12 > > > > > > Is that like spanking your monkey ? Hmm.....my second onanism
> > today. Think I need therapy; do you have any slots open ? > > > Bogdan

ceb

ortleib dry bags

Post by ceb » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:14 pm

I had the ortlieb panniers and osr racks on my KLR for several years. They worked well, but the bags didn't hold a lot.If I had "square" racks instead of the OSRs, the ortlieb bags would have been easier to put on and take off quickly. It took some imagination to strap the bags so they wouldn't flop. BEAN