fail to rev.

DSN_KLR650
Nevada Montagu

klx 650

Post by Nevada Montagu » Mon Jun 05, 2000 6:49 pm

Hello, I'm new to the list. I'm having trouble finding info on the KLX 650. Does anyone on the list know anything about them? Perhaps a web site or mailing list? Specifically I'm interested in reliability and offroad/onroad performance. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Nevada Montagu Denver

Dan Pauley

fail to rev.

Post by Dan Pauley » Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:42 pm

T\wo separate KLR250's '92 (D9) and a '94 (D11) different events but each one has now done this. Will not rev up. Starts fine, idles fine, but will not rev above 5K. Will only pull about 3500 under load. First one cured itself by going to dinner. When I got back, drained the float bowl and it did not do again. Now the '94 is doing it. I rode it about 10 miles and it never did clear. Top speed was about 40mph. It acts almost like hitting a rev limiter. Starts cutting out then quits. Just sitting in neutral you can rev it about 1/8 throttle and it revs fine to about 5000 rpm. Above that it break up. If you open the throttle any farther it just quits all together. If you hold it about 1/2 throttle it drops to about 1000 rpm then up to 4K then drop back repeat. Sort of like hunting up and down. So far I've switched out CDI units. It did not make any difference. I drained the float bowl, no difference, Pulled the carb nothing in the jets, pilot screw at 1.5 turns out. No hole in diaphram that I could see. On other brand CV carbs I can lift the slide by finger then plug the vent to see if it stays up. Any suggestion? By the way the 92 quit running all together today. Fouled one plug in the switching troubleshooting now it will not spark at all. (yeah it has been a frustrating day.) Suggestions? Please drop note off list. I'm on vacation and way behind on digest mode reading. Dan / \