potential caliper swap questio

DSN_KLR650
Wayne Watson

rebuild 91' klr650

Post by Wayne Watson » Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:38 am

Does anyone know where the best place to get rebuild kit for 1991 KLR650 is? --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and more [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Zachariah Mully

rebuild 91' klr650

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:44 am

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 11:38, Wayne Watson wrote:
> Does anyone know where the best place to get rebuild kit for 1991 KLR650 is? >
What's a rebuild kit? If you mean "where the best place to get consumables for a rebuild is" then I'd have to say "Ron Ayers". http://www.ronayers.com Contact Mark Van Horn about a complete engine gasket kit. He may or may not still have some left. What's wrong with it? Z DC A5X A11X

Wayne Watson

rebuild 91' klr650

Post by Wayne Watson » Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:52 am

Its really losing power. Zachariah Mully wrote:On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 11:38, Wayne Watson wrote:
> Does anyone know where the best place to get rebuild kit for 1991 KLR650 is? >
What's a rebuild kit? If you mean "where the best place to get consumables for a rebuild is" then I'd have to say "Ron Ayers". http://www.ronayers.com Contact Mark Van Horn about a complete engine gasket kit. He may or may not still have some left. What's wrong with it? Z DC A5X A11X --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and more [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Judson D. Jones

rebuild 91' klr650

Post by Judson D. Jones » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:03 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Watson wrote:
> > Its really losing power.
That's not much to go on. This list can probably offer some suggestions as to what might be wrong with more information. What are its symptoms? How does it start? How does it idle? Does it smoke? On acceleration, or on overrun? How many miles are on it? Does it stall at intersections? Have you observed any changes in its behavior? What if any work has been done on it recently? What is it that causes you to say it's losing power?

Wayne Watson

rebuild 91' klr650

Post by Wayne Watson » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:15 pm

It has been quite a while since I've driven it, but last summer I didn t have much mid range acceleration, and toward the end of summer I was losing top end. I bought the bike new. It has 20,000+ miles on it, It starts fine, idles fine, and doesn t smoke "Judson D. Jones" wrote:--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Watson wrote:
> > Its really losing power.
That's not much to go on. This list can probably offer some suggestions as to what might be wrong with more information. What are its symptoms? How does it start? How does it idle? Does it smoke? On acceleration, or on overrun? How many miles are on it? Does it stall at intersections? Have you observed any changes in its behavior? What if any work has been done on it recently? What is it that causes you to say it's losing power? List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and more [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Devon Jarvis

rebuild 91' klr650

Post by Devon Jarvis » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:23 pm

Have the valves been adjusted, ever? 20,000mi in 12 years is really not a lot of miles, maybe it's just time to clean the carburetor. Devon A15 Wayne Watson wrote:
> > It has been quite a while since I've driven it, but last summer I didn t have much mid range acceleration, and toward the end of summer I was losing top end. I bought the bike new. It has 20,000+ miles on it, It starts fine, idles fine, and doesn t smoke > > "Judson D. Jones" wrote:--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Watson > wrote: > > > > Its really losing power. > > That's not much to go on. This list can probably offer some > suggestions as to what might be wrong with more information. What are > its symptoms? How does it start? How does it idle? Does it smoke? On > acceleration, or on overrun? How many miles are on it? Does it stall > at intersections? Have you observed any changes in its behavior? What > if any work has been done on it recently? What is it that causes you > to say it's losing power? > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > --------------------------------- > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and more > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Zachariah Mully

rebuild 91' klr650

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:25 pm

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 13:15, Wayne Watson wrote:
> It has been quite a while since I've driven it, but last summer I > didnt have much mid range acceleration, and toward the end of summer > I was losing top end. I bought the bike new. It has 20,000+ miles on > it, It starts fine, idles fine, and doesnt smoke >
What maintenance have you done on the bike? Have you checked anything like the: *air filter *carburator *blinker fluid *knuteson valve ?? Inquiring minds want to know, unfortunately none of us are telepaths, so you need to provide more info. Z DC A5X A11X

Wayne Watson

rebuild 91' klr650

Post by Wayne Watson » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:29 pm

The valves were adjusted and the carb was cleaned around 5,000 miles ago. Devon Jarvis wrote:Have the valves been adjusted, ever? 20,000mi in 12 years is really not a lot of miles, maybe it's just time to clean the carburetor. Devon A15 Wayne Watson wrote:
> > It has been quite a while since I've driven it, but last summer I didn t have much mid range acceleration, and toward the end of summer I was losing top end. I bought the bike new. It has 20,000+ miles on it, It starts fine, idles fine, and doesn t smoke > > "Judson D. Jones" wrote:--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Watson > wrote: > > > > Its really losing power. > > That's not much to go on. This list can probably offer some > suggestions as to what might be wrong with more information. What are > its symptoms? How does it start? How does it idle? Does it smoke? On > acceleration, or on overrun? How many miles are on it? Does it stall > at intersections? Have you observed any changes in its behavior? What > if any work has been done on it recently? What is it that causes you > to say it's losing power? > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > --------------------------------- > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and more > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and more [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Zachariah Mully

rebuild 91' klr650

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:33 pm

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 13:29, Wayne Watson wrote:
> The valves were adjusted and the carb was cleaned around 5,000 miles ago.
By a dealer, or by yourself? Z DC A5X A11X

Wayne Watson

rebuild 91' klr650

Post by Wayne Watson » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:34 pm

Dealer Zachariah Mully wrote:On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 13:29, Wayne Watson wrote:
> The valves were adjusted and the carb was cleaned around 5,000 miles ago.
By a dealer, or by yourself? Z DC A5X A11X --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and more [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]