doohickey hole smaller ?

DSN_KLR650
Tim Booth

digest number 3543

Post by Tim Booth » Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:09 pm

Tank vent hose with one way valves are available at most dirt bike shops or online. No leakage if the KLR goes down. Cost about $6.00. Tim Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:36:07 -0700 From: "Bogdan Swider" Subject: RE: ims tank
> Thanks for getting back to me, sounds like you got the better deal! How > do you like the tank, any complaints? > > Later ~cdnabn49~ > > The best part for me is not having to deal with those silly ass > shrouds. Don't know how long you've had yoour bike but you'll eventually > find out that their fastning system fails and that they don't take a hit > well. For my kind of riding I also appreciate the extra gallon. The tank > is a little harder to get on and off than the stock one but it's no big > deal. The mounting system doesn't look that sturdy but that seems to be > deceptive. I fell a few times ( low speed ) and it ( tank ) didn't > budge. Jim from Texas said he went down at a higher speed and the tank > took that like a trooper. I and a few others believe that the bike runs > cooler with the IMS. There's just one down side to this switch and for > me it's significant. I take long trips and a tank bag is a necessity. > The tank vents in the manner found on many serious off rode bikes: a > hose is fited on a nipple in the center of the cap. Your tank bag would > crush that arrangement. If the bike goes down you could get gas all over > the bag and maybe other stuff. I came up with a shade tree solution and > I must say it worked for my 7k mile ( are you in Canada ? the cdn ? ) > trip into Mexica. However it's a temporary fix because I don't trust it. > I'm working on a more solid, permenant mod - a pain in the derriere, I > have better things to do. I'll post to the list when it's done. > > Bogdan >

Tim Booth

digest number 3543

Post by Tim Booth » Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:14 pm

Suzuki makes a street legal DR200SE dualsport with low seat hight. Tim Message: 13 Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 02:36:29 -0000 From: "Everett " Subject: Dual-sport for vertically challenged girlfriend????? Wanted, recomendations for a small dual sport for my little lady. She's 30" from the floor to her crotch...bet you wish you were the measuring tape man...with her slippers on. She wants a bike that can go in the dirt and on the road....ya gotta love her. I lead the Harley Davidson factory rides the last two years and she explained to the Harley rep how she didn't like riding on the Road King as much as my KLR650. Hehehehehehheheheh, he had to bite his tongue.....hehehehehhee. I laughed of course. Anyway, I am thinking an XL100 or 125 if I could find them in decent shape. I have an old '83 Yamaha XT200 in museum shape but it is kick start and too tall for her...at least I think it is....I should double check on that because she can fit a new XR200. Anyway I can't get her on a Virago 535 or Ninja 250...this chick digs the dirt. Her Dad was a Maritime Motorcycle Champion as in Shubenacadie and he was on the podium at Laconia in the early 70's as well....too much beer...having problems spel-lou-ing. I have to find her a bike on the cheap. Any recomendations will be appreciated. - Everett on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

zrod73026

doohickey hole smaller ?

Post by zrod73026 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:16 pm

Good point Devon, but if the concept was applied, after time, probably would be finger removable, whadayathink? Dam, I lub dees conetry and all dee noleege vee get fdrom dee KLR vebsite. This site is the best. Some day I'll be able to apply everything I've learned, thanks all!!
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jarvis wrote: > I did this for bearings, and some of the stem pressing I did > for the DRZ front end swap (KLR-Z650). > > This is not a good idea for the doohickey. There are a lot > of relatively fragile parts in that area, and getting the > doohickey off the shaft will require force if you get it on > this way. > > It needs to fit so you can install and remove it with finger > power. > > Devon > > Thomas J Komjathy wrote: > > > > Put a piece of dry ice on the shaft, while the Doohickey is heated (300 dg > > f) in a small toaster oven. Remove ice from shaft, with protection, install > > the heated Doohickey. Piece-o-cake. Did this on jet engines allot, and it > > works great. > > > > TK > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Bogdan Swider" > > To: "KLR List (E-mail)" DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> > > Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 1:20 PM > > Subject: [DSN_klr650] FW: Doohickey hole smaller ? > > > > > > > > Jake's answer below as to the notion that the holes are smaller than > > > before. > > > > > > Bogdan > > > > > > > > > > About the same fit now as before. There seems to be some variation in > > > > the > > > > shafts (no mystery) I use a new shaft as a gage during the needle file > > > > operation to square the internal corners of the hole. > > > > > > > > Jake > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/