was diesel emmissions, now suv's

DSN_KLR650
vfr523

compression and kacr

Post by vfr523 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:53 am

Will the KACR affect compression readings? This is for a KLR 250. Thanks in advance, Nate in N.E.

J. Sherlock

was diesel emmissions, now suv's

Post by J. Sherlock » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:32 pm

Blank>if you need to access 4x4 areas get a Jeep (Like I want next).< Sorry Dooden, you can't have your Jeep. They are all currently ranked as SUV's. At least that is the way it will be someday if Americans, as well as Californians, don't fight back. jim_ama585601 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

dooden

compression and kacr

Post by dooden » Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:14 pm

Ummm yes.. if it bleeds off excessive pressure to make it easier to start, there is less compression. Not sure how to do a compression test on something with automagic compression release, other than to disable it while taking measurements. Dooden
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "vfr523" wrote: > Will the KACR affect compression readings? This is for a KLR 250. > > Thanks in advance, > > Nate in N.E.

vfr523

compression and kacr

Post by vfr523 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:57 pm

Duh. I realize I phrased my question poorly (or perhaps it was just a stupid question). As you pointed out, what I meant to ask was if there was a way to test the compression on a bike with auto compression release. What I realized in the meantime, by checking the service info on the kawi site (BTW, that's awesome that you can get the fiche and stuff online -- Honda is a pain in the ass in that regard) is that the compression that the shop measured was already in excess of the kawi spec. The shop had told the owner of the bike that he'd probably need to replace the piston rings due to the low (125psi) compression that they measured. According to the spec, it's only supposed to be 99psi. Looks like it's all set! Now, if I could only get the damn thing started... Nate in N.E. (freezing, and pleading with the babyK to start)
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "dooden" wrote: > Ummm yes.. if it bleeds off excessive pressure to make it easier to > start, there is less compression. > > Not sure how to do a compression test on something with automagic > compression release, other than to disable it while taking > measurements. > > Dooden > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "vfr523" wrote: > > Will the KACR affect compression readings? This is for a KLR 250. > > > > Thanks in advance, > > > > Nate in N.E.