klr battery

DSN_KLR650
steve pye

dashing through the snow....

Post by steve pye » Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:20 am

The Labrador winter struck with a vengeance today. I looked at the weather forecast last night and decided to move my bike to it's winter storage location before the snow got too heavy. By the time I got ready there was about 2 inches of wet snow on the road, I only had about 10 km to ride so I said " what the heck !" What I learned: Wet snow and worn out Gripsters do not mix!! Soon as I let out the clutch it was YEEEHAWWW!! I didn't drop it but I did some impressive slipin' and slidin' !!! Kudos to choose of you smart enough to live where you can bike all year. To those of us in more 'Northerly' locations.... time to drag out the snowmobiles!! :-) Cheers, Steve A11 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Robert Diaz

Post by Robert Diaz » Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:48 am

Kudos to you! I live in Northern California and I wish I could be dragging out the snowmobile for some fun in the snow! I have to drive four hours to get to the snow! Cheers! --- Steve Pye wrote:
> The Labrador winter struck with a vengeance today. I > looked at the weather forecast last night and > decided to move my bike to it's winter storage > location before the snow got too heavy. > By the time I got ready there was about 2 inches of > wet snow on the road, I only had about 10 km to ride > so I said " what the heck !" > > What I learned: > Wet snow and worn out Gripsters do not mix!! Soon as > I let out the clutch it was YEEEHAWWW!! I didn't > drop it but I did some impressive slipin' and > slidin' !!! > > Kudos to choose of you smart enough to live where > you can bike all year. To those of us in more > 'Northerly' locations.... time to drag out the > snowmobiles!! :-) > > Cheers, > Steve > A11 > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been > removed] > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at > www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris > Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
__________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/

gpokluda

Post by gpokluda » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:23 am

Sounds to me like a good reason to buy a 2 wheel drive Ural Patrol! (Big, big grin) Gino
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Steve Pye" wrote: > The Labrador winter struck with a vengeance today. I looked at the weather forecast last night and decided to move my bike to it's winter storage location before the snow got too heavy. > By the time I got ready there was about 2 inches of wet snow on the road, I only had about 10 km to ride so I said " what the heck !" > > What I learned: > Wet snow and worn out Gripsters do not mix!! Soon as I let out the clutch it was YEEEHAWWW!! I didn't drop it but I did some impressive slipin' and slidin' !!! > > Kudos to choose of you smart enough to live where you can bike all year. To those of us in more 'Northerly' locations.... time to drag out the snowmobiles!! :-) > > Cheers, > Steve > A11 > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

imperial-4776@webtv.net

Post by imperial-4776@webtv.net » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:24 am

Do I detect a need for a DSN_Snowmobile@yahogroups, group ? :-) Dave PS .. Here in Oregon, we are in drought mode, which is very strange

Judson D. Jones

Post by Judson D. Jones » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:55 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Robert Diaz wrote:
> Kudos to you! I live in Northern California and I > wish I could be dragging out the snowmobile for some > fun in the snow! I have to drive four hours to get to > the snow! Cheers! >
I just look forward to Suer Bowl Sunday, when, since the Vikings will certainly not be appearing, we will get out some motorbikes and go look for snowmobilers, just to remind them what the real deal is. We may even go ride some snowmobile trails. Yeah, its illegal, but it shouldn't be. After all, I wouldn't object (much) to a snowmobile on a dirt bike trail.

falkebruinsma

Post by falkebruinsma » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:09 am

Riding through snow is do-able. Pictures can be found at http://photos.innersource.com/page/96/101 -Falke
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Steve Pye" wrote: > The Labrador winter struck with a vengeance today. I looked at the weather forecast last night and decided to move my bike to it's winter storage location before the snow got too heavy. > By the time I got ready there was about 2 inches of wet snow on the road, I only had about 10 km to ride so I said " what the heck !" > > What I learned: > Wet snow and worn out Gripsters do not mix!! Soon as I let out the clutch it was YEEEHAWWW!! I didn't drop it but I did some impressive slipin' and slidin' !!! > > Kudos to choose of you smart enough to live where you can bike all year. To those of us in more 'Northerly' locations.... time to drag out the snowmobiles!! :-) > > Cheers, > Steve > A11 > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Arden Kysely

Post by Arden Kysely » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:52 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "falkebruinsma" wrote:
> Riding through snow is do-able. Pictures can be found at > http://photos.innersource.com/page/96/101 > > -Falke
No offense, but those are 'parked in the snow' vs. 'riding in the snow' pics. But I do know it's possible. We get a little white stuff now and there here in SoCal and I used to ride my Yamaha 175 Enduro (an AT-1 with the 175cc piston and cylinder), and my SL100 in the snow in our local mountains. Lots of fun, even with crappy Trials Universal tires. I can imagine a KLR would be a handful (or two). __Arden

Devon Jarvis

Post by Devon Jarvis » Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:04 am

We had a sorry excuse for a winter here in NYC, but last year I did get out when there was 6" of snow in unplowed parking lots. Tons of fun, lots of donuts and flattrack cornering. Woods riding was good, with the big mud holes frozen solid. No soft terrain, and at least it's cold enough to wear lots of clothes and armour since the ground is really hard. I've got the K760 Trakmasters on still, hopefully they'll be good in the snow. I fit snowmobile handgrip muffs on my KLR. THESE ARE GREAT! I rode in 35deg temps on the highway with summer enduro gloves on and my hands didn't freeze. With fall or winter gloves under the muffs your hands would be toasty. Devon Arden Kysely wrote:
> No offense, but those are 'parked in the snow' vs. 'riding in the > snow' pics. But I do know it's possible.

guymanbro

Post by guymanbro » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:06 pm

Well according to the photos it's possible to PARK the KLR in snow. I didn't see any evidence of actual riding in the snow in those pics. dat brooklyn bum p.s. just eggin ya on...I ride in the snow too.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "falkebruinsma" wrote: > Riding through snow is do-able. Pictures can be found at > http://photos.innersource.com/page/96/101 > > -Falke > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Steve Pye" wrote: > > The Labrador winter struck with a vengeance today. I looked at the > weather forecast last night and decided to move my bike to it's > winter storage location before the snow got too heavy. > > By the time I got ready there was about 2 inches of wet snow on the > road, I only had about 10 km to ride so I said " what the heck !" > > > > What I learned: > > Wet snow and worn out Gripsters do not mix!! Soon as I let out the > clutch it was YEEEHAWWW!! I didn't drop it but I did some impressive > slipin' and slidin' !!! > > > > Kudos to choose of you smart enough to live where you can bike all > year. To those of us in more 'Northerly' locations.... time to drag > out the snowmobiles!! :-) > > > > Cheers, > > Steve > > A11 > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

falkebruinsma

Post by falkebruinsma » Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:20 pm

Heh.. I tried taking pictures while riding, but it just didn't work out. This is what happened last time: http://photos.innersource.com/page/134/318/3966 Other snow related pictures (from Colorado) http://photos.innersource.com/page/134/316/3950 http://photos.innersource.com/page/134/315/3925 Ride safe, -Falke
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Arden Kysely" wrote: > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "falkebruinsma" wrote: > > Riding through snow is do-able. Pictures can be found at > > http://photos.innersource.com/page/96/101 > > > > -Falke > > No offense, but those are 'parked in the snow' vs. 'riding in the > snow' pics. But I do know it's possible. We get a little white stuff > now and there here in SoCal and I used to ride my Yamaha 175 Enduro > (an AT-1 with the 175cc piston and cylinder), and my SL100 in the > snow in our local mountains. Lots of fun, even with crappy Trials > Universal tires. I can imagine a KLR would be a handful (or two). > > __Arden