clutch adjustment now hydrolic clutch

DSN_KLR650
klrdsn

fred...is the longest standing member...

Post by klrdsn » Sat Jul 27, 2002 9:12 pm

The KLR list began on February 20, 1998. It was hosted on xmission.com. For the real diehards here is the link to the still standing archives in their original form. http://www.xmission.com/pub/lists/klr650/archive/?1027816739 I subbed the first listers after initiating the list with xmission personnel. They were: Gino, Haycock and Fred Hink. The first archives are contained in the file: http://www.xmission.com/pub/lists/klr650/archive/klr650.9802 1. Chadd Thompson (who is famous for tacoing not one but two KLR's) arrives on the 21st. As does Rob Gendreau. 2. Thomas Simpson arrives on the 22nd...along with Gary Heard, Lee Lacy, and Rick Crandall. 3. Francis Smith arrive on the 23rd...Todd Emsley on the 24th with Norm Coffenberry. 4. Dr. Pete arrives on February 25th via DUST...along with Pat Moriarity who later switched to a Tiger and now drives a Vstrom and works with City Bike. Also, Jim Sherlock then in Milwaukee and Alex Jamorron from Chicago. Roy Cope a frequent attendee to the Moab Rally arrives on the 26th...as does KLR Iron Butt rider Peter Dean and Rick Clarke. Eric Mercer with Gino's old Tengai arrives the same day. Victor Norton arrives on the 27th (famous for the Artie Johnson he did dismounting in front of Fred's shop...his wife watched it in slow mo...and said simply, "there he goes again...". George Basinet arrives the same day. Also Peter McMahon from Texas. 5. Stuary "Fireball" Heaslet arrives on March 1st...as does Cameron Cole. Jeff Fountain (famous for creating the first completely black KLR...to the nut and bolt). 6. The complex and elusive, Ron LaMantia aka Redondo Ron, with his band of tricksters and friends: Hiro Watanabe, Dawn Rhoades, John Oedipus, and Truk arrives on March 2 with the email address: RonandJoan@.... Later he will post under: Cloudhid@... ("cloud hidden wherabouts unknown"). 7. Jim Barthell, another Texan, arrives on March 3rd Jeff Moorbeck on the 4th... 8. Morgan first posts on the 8th...Bob Carreras on the 9th. Kathleen "IrishKat" posts on the 10th...Chuck McCullough later to be a Quota owner actually arrives earlier in the month. 9. "IronJungle" Pat Hensley, creator of ShimCalc and GearCalc arrives on March 17th...Bob "all you want to ever know about KLR oil filters" Kaub arrives on March 23rd. 10. The ever helpful Mr. "T" introduces himself from down under on April 6th. Darrell of "Darrell and Deanna" arrive April 28th.. Bogdan "Bogwan" Swider on April 30th. Montana resident, Skip "tell me a bear story" Faulkner, who successfully managed 72mpg from his KLR arrives on June 1st. 11. Rex Hefferan on August 8th, Juan Villereal on September 9th...Bill Wright on October 1st more later...apologies to those early friends I've missed. I'd like to find the first posts of Arne, Jeff Walker, Sarah Barwig and, of course, Eric Jazz... Kurt

Peter Dahlheimer, MD

Post by Peter Dahlheimer, MD » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:40 pm

Oh yeah! DUST! Completely forgot about that one... ---- 4. Dr. Pete arrives on February 25th via DUST...along with Pat ..

Fred Hink

Post by Fred Hink » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:23 am

Everyone asks me my secret to success...... I guess I can now say "attrition". :-) Now what did I WIN? Fred http://www.arrowheadmotorsports.com http://www.canyonlandsmotorclassic.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "klrdsn" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2002 8:12 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Fred...is the longest standing member... > > I subbed the first listers after initiating the list with xmission > personnel. They were: Gino, Haycock and Fred Hink. The first archives > are contained in the file:

Devon Jarvis

clutch adjustment now hydrolic clutch

Post by Devon Jarvis » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:17 am

From the instructions I've read, installing the Magura kit is a lot like installing a new clutch perch AND a new clutch cable at the same time. How much easier is it supposed to be? Easier lever effort is only a side benefit of a hydraulic clutch. The real results come from having the clutch self-adjust, keeping the same engagement point regardless of how hot or cold the engine gets. This way you can use a lever and perch that give you a big mechanical advantage, but you don't have to constantly adjust it. Dirtbikes often have really high leverages at the clutch lever, but look at dirtbike mags and you'll also see oversize clutch adjusters, meant to be used with gloves on while riding. And herein lies the rub- the more leverage you get at the clutch lever, the more the friction point will move as the clutch heats up. Devon A15 Durvy825@... wrote:
> Wouldn't a MSR Raptor clutch lever assembly with the adjustable pivot do the > same thing and be a lot easier to install?

mnron2002

Post by mnron2002 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:00 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Fred Hink" wrote:
> Everyone asks me my secret to success...... > > I guess I can now say "attrition". :-) > > Now what did I WIN?
MORE CUSTOMERS!! Having been one of the early listers myself, then leaving for a couple of years, I can say that I'm sure glad you stayed around... BTW, another order will be coming your way in a few days!! MNRon Ron Crandell St. Cloud, MN A7 (sold, and missed) A16 (almost the way I want it..)