shag-a-delic !!!! (nklr)

DSN_KLR650
jamiedeavers

positive news !!!!!!!

Post by jamiedeavers » Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:49 pm

Here are some pluses...hopefully counter some of the negativity going around lately ! This Fred guy everyone here raves so much about...ABSOLUTELY TRUE !!! ordered a front sprocket,magnetic-drain-plug-doohickey-thingie(not to be confused with chain tensioner doohickey)... arrived just as quickly as has been reported by others. Thanks FRED ! you WILL be seeing more of my business in the future. New rubber arrived today from Southwest Moto Tire...AGAIN, exactly as you guys have said...two-day delivery, free shipping on 2 tires (Dunlop D604 for who cares) in a nice new box...practically half the price local shops wanted to charge me. OUTSTANDING !!! (whats the RED dot sticker for ??? is that the balance/weight mark I seem to remember reading about somewhere???) Will be sending my pledged $25.00 out in the next day or so to the fella in NY who had his bike swiped. SUPER COOL the way folks on this list came together to help this guy out...would NEVER happen with most of the Beemer snobs I have had the "honor" to meet. All in all seems like a great bunch hanging out here...AMAZING what a little 5k dollar, outdated, motorcycle has done ! my 2cents and a little more James (Jamie) Deavers Poquoson VA

Tom Rothoehler

positive news !!!!!!!

Post by Tom Rothoehler » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:34 pm

Hehe Just read this: What is the difference between a Hoover and a Harley? With a Hoover... the dirtbag rides on the inside. Tom DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] POSITIVE NEWS !!!!!!! Here are some pluses...hopefully counter some of the negativity going around lately ! This Fred guy everyone here raves so much about...ABSOLUTELY TRUE !!! ordered a front sprocket,magnetic-drain-plug-doohickey-thingie(not to be confused with chain tensioner doohickey)... arrived just as quickly as has been reported by others. Thanks FRED ! you WILL be seeing more of my business in the future. New rubber arrived today from Southwest Moto Tire...AGAIN, exactly as you guys have said...two-day delivery, free shipping on 2 tires (Dunlop D604 for who cares) in a nice new box...practically half the price local shops wanted to charge me. OUTSTANDING !!! (whats the RED dot sticker for ??? is that the balance/weight mark I seem to remember reading about somewhere???) Will be sending my pledged $25.00 out in the next day or so to the fella in NY who had his bike swiped. SUPER COOL the way folks on this list came together to help this guy out...would NEVER happen with most of the Beemer snobs I have had the "honor" to meet. All in all seems like a great bunch hanging out here...AMAZING what a little 5k dollar, outdated, motorcycle has done ! my 2cents and a little more James (Jamie) Deavers Poquoson VA Checkout Dual Sport News at http://www.dualsportnews.com Be part of the Adventure! Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.xmission.com/~dkenison/cgi/lwgate.cgi/KLR650/archives/ Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

mcrider1955

positive news !!!!!!!

Post by mcrider1955 » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:44 pm

Slamming other riders is not POSITIVE NEWS! A motorcycle list should not be the place for slamming other riders. When you see another rider on the street you have NO idea what is back home in the garage. Harvey 80FLH A15 Honda 4trax 75 360 Pursang 70 250 Ducati ---------------------------
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Tom Rothoehler wrote: > Hehe Just read this: > > What is the difference between a Hoover and a Harley? > > > > > With a Hoover... the dirtbag rides on the inside. > > > > > Tom

RM

positive news !!!!!!!

Post by RM » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:47 pm

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, mcrider1955 wrote:
>Slamming other riders is not POSITIVE NEWS! A motorcycle list should >not be the place for slamming other riders. When you see another rider >on the street you have NO idea what is back home in the garage.
Good point. Let me also add that stereotypes do not spring forth from a vacuum. RM

monahanwb

positive news !!!!!!!

Post by monahanwb » Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:55 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "jamiedeavers" wrote:
> SUPER COOL the way folks on > this list came together to help this guy out...would NEVER happen > with most of the Beemer snobs I have had the "honor" to meet.
Uh, let's keep this type of moronic comment to a minimum, please. Bum will tell you that this beemer snob has already sent in his dough, about equal to yours. And way sooner.

judjonzz

positive news !!!!!!!

Post by judjonzz » Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:21 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Tom Rothoehler wrote:
> Hehe Just read this: > > What is the difference between a Hoover and a Harley? > > > > > With a Hoover... the dirtbag rides on the inside. > > >
That's an old variant on this even older one: Q. What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine? A. With a porcupine, the prick is on the outside.

Combat_Tourer

positive news !!!!!!!

Post by Combat_Tourer » Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:31 pm

True enough. I know I keep the Honda Hawk and old Boxer guessing daily -- Monday/Tue ST1100, Wed, KLR650, Thur Superhawk, Fri (pick from a hat) -- ;-) Todd (Springfield, VA) --wish I had a commuter Vespa too ;-)
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "mcrider1955" wrote: > > Slamming other riders is not POSITIVE NEWS! A motorcycle list should > not be the place for slamming other riders. When you see another > rider on the street you have NO idea what is back home in the garage. > > Harvey > 80FLH > A15 > Honda 4trax > 75 360 Pursang > 70 250 Ducati > --------------------------- > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., Tom Rothoehler wrote: > > Hehe Just read this: > > > > What is the difference between a Hoover and a Harley? > > > > > > > > > > With a Hoover... the dirtbag rides on the inside. > > > > > > > > > > Tom >

Swampy

positive news !!!!!!!

Post by Swampy » Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:39 pm

Gee, what fun would this list be without bashing a few BMWs here and there.... Geez... You'd think they'd ship 'em by train instead of ride them or something.... Or how about this: I hate my KLR so much I think I'm gonna keep it! Swampy
----- Original Message ----- From: Combat_Tourer To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 10:31 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: POSITIVE NEWS !!!!!!! True enough. I know I keep the Honda Hawk and old Boxer guessing daily -- Monday/Tue ST1100, Wed, KLR650, Thur Superhawk, Fri (pick from a hat) -- ;-) Todd (Springfield, VA) --wish I had a commuter Vespa too ;-) --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "mcrider1955" wrote: > > Slamming other riders is not POSITIVE NEWS! A motorcycle list should > not be the place for slamming other riders. When you see another > rider on the street you have NO idea what is back home in the garage. > > Harvey > 80FLH > A15 > Honda 4trax > 75 360 Pursang > 70 250 Ducati > --------------------------- > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., Tom Rothoehler wrote: > > Hehe Just read this: > > > > What is the difference between a Hoover and a Harley? > > > > > > > > > > With a Hoover... the dirtbag rides on the inside. > > > > > > > > > > Tom > Checkout Dual Sport News at http://www.dualsportnews.com Be part of the Adventure! Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.xmission.com/~dkenison/cgi/lwgate.cgi/KLR650/archives/ Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

hens_p

positive news !!!!!!!

Post by hens_p » Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:01 pm

Rumor has it that this "Fred guy" is really just a very elaborate software program that is set up to provide excellent customer service to the motorcyclist. If Microsoft ever revs the operating system that "Fred guy" is running under then all hell will break loose. Incorrect shims and tires and doohickey tools will be shipped willy nilly to all points of the Earth. Beware and enjoy the perfection while you can.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "jamiedeavers" wrote: > This Fred guy everyone here raves so much about...ABSOLUTELY TRUE !!!

killerklr650@aol.com

positive news !!!!!!!

Post by killerklr650@aol.com » Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:47 am

In a message dated 7/25/2002 9:22:10 PM Central Daylight Time, judjonzz@... writes:
> What is the difference between a Hoover and a Harley? > > > > > > > > > > With a Hoover... the dirtbag rides on the inside. > > > > > > > > That's an old variant on this even older one: > > Q. What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine? > > A. With a porcupine, the prick is on the outside. >
Of course, I particularly like the following variant: What's the difference between a Harley and a vacuum? The Harley can hold two dirtbags. Its even funnier told to Hell's Angels, who then have the courtesy to chop you into small bits and bury you in the desert, or maybe feed you to pigs(Snatch was a great movie!) Darrick [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]