non-klr/seized it

DSN_KLR650
hens_p

non-klr/seized it

Post by hens_p » Sun Jul 21, 2002 4:48 pm

On this very topic..... I just seized a chain saw motor. I removed the plug and filled the jug with Marvel Mystery Oil. After a short time I could rock the flywheel back and forth and freed up the piston. Now... the thing will not start. It seems to have compression. I know the plug is firing. Any tips or suggestions on bringing it back to life? The parts for the saw are not made anymore. Pat / Austin
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., JJNeet1@a... wrote: > > In a message dated 7/20/2002 6:48:01 PM, DSN_klr650@y... writes: > > Greetings listers, I was recently given an 82 Yamaha IT 125, the > foolish child ran it on straight gas, any tips on getting the piston > out of the cylinder without a cutting torch?? It is very stuck, > probabbly welded together from the looks of it. > >> > > I was told by an automotive machinist,that a product called Marvel > Mystery Oil would do it.Just douse it this stuff,and let it sit for some > days.If you haven't pulled the cylinder head yet,you might want to put it > back on so you can fill the combustion chamber up with this stuff and let it > soak.You may have to do it several times. > > Jon Neet

Adam Stahnke

klr-gripster for sale

Post by Adam Stahnke » Sun Jul 21, 2002 7:55 pm

I just swapped out to 100% street tires. I have an Avon Gripster AM24 21" with 8,000 miles on it (as always the rear wore out before the front). It has no sidewall cracks or cracks in the tread. I won't ship, but if you live in Southern Riverside or Northern San Diego counties, I'll deliver it for $8 (tank 'o gas) or something along those lines. My 1998 Toyota Tacoma (4 cyl. 2.4 liter, 2 wheel drive) is gone. I have a K&N air filter with 30,000 miles on it (just cleaned it), the cleaner/filter oil, and 4 new FRAM oil filters. E-mail off the list if interested in any of the above. -Adam __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better http://health.yahoo.com

Adam Stahnke

klr-gripster for sale

Post by Adam Stahnke » Sun Jul 21, 2002 7:56 pm

I just swapped out to 100% street tires. I have an Avon Gripster AM24 21" with 8,000 miles on it (as always the rear wore out before the front). It has no sidewall cracks or cracks in the tread. I won't ship, but if you live in Southern Riverside or Northern San Diego counties, I'll deliver it for $8 (tank 'o gas) or something along those lines. My 1998 Toyota Tacoma (4 cyl. 2.4 liter, 2 wheel drive) is gone. I have a K&N air filter with 30,000 miles on it (just cleaned it), the cleaner/filter oil, and 4 new FRAM oil filters. E-mail off the list if interested in any of the above. -Adam __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better http://health.yahoo.com