[zrx1100] nklr - nzrx - people search

DSN_KLR650
SWAMPY!

ride

Post by SWAMPY! » Tue Apr 25, 2000 4:20 pm

So I changed the subject heading but i feel it was needed. I can understand how some listers are not interested in any landuse issue or what is going on with the national forests or where ever. I also know that the issues here on the East of the Mississippi are different from those on the western side, mostly due to total population and those pressures on the lands. Remember, out west is still pretty much wide open, here in the east it's filling up quite quickly. However, It is relevant KLR content and effects many listers, nay, all listers as it is an attack on motorcycling as a whole. And as a large group we must defend the whole, whether it affects you directly or not. It's like saying that it's okay for a country to attack Rhode Island because it doesn't effect me in Kansas. How are these issues relevent to KLR? The KLR is a dual sport motorcycle, and people use their KLRs for a wide variety of things. Some will load up with luggage and head out to Moad, some will just pull out of their driveway and head for a local forest road. Dual sporting encompasses road and dirt riding. It does not matter what percentage of paved road you ride, nor does it measure how dirt oriented you get. Heck, I'll go out in the garage, get the KTM and ride 30 miles to our local ORV area, put some time in on the single track trails, maybe swing by a few favorite forest roads on the way home and call it a day. Or I may saddle up the KLR with camping gear and head out for the Georgia mountains exploring some dirt roads and the twisties. Either way, I'm dual sporting. You can't claim one is good and one is bad. You must defend both. And yes, the dirt bikes and atv riders are the one's that use these orv areas the most (but dual sporters do as well). That does not require a ban, that requires education and compliance with rules and regulations and enforcement of laws and regulations. And on the other hand, I have personally, broke sweat and blood and have enjoyed the pleasure of blisters helping some ORV organizations take care of these facilities by digging run off ditches, trimming trees, digging fencepost holes and building a fence, and mapping an area for the forestry departments So for those of you who are "bothered" with these issues, scan the subject matter of the mail and just delete the messege. But I would prefer to be informed. And yes, some folks will turn it into a political bashing of someone, no matter who's in office. But that's part of being a democracy. We must be tolerant of others viewpoints even if they offend and contridict our own. Key word...tolerance. And personal responsibilty is shown by deleting any offending messege. Remember, you DO NOT have to respond to anything you DO NOT want to. No matter what you believe, and how you wish to lay blame, there is an assault on access to public lands. ORV areas are threatend. Forest roads are threatened. And dual sporters use both of these. So please don't judge how others use their dual sport motorcycles based only on your own riding habits, look at the greater picture of dual sporting. Indifference is the first step towards totalitarianism. Minimize no one regardless of what they do, or how they do it. The KLR is a dual sport motorcycle. So these are important to KLR riders. KLR content...... yes. Swampy

SWAMPY!

ride

Post by SWAMPY! » Tue Apr 25, 2000 7:01 pm

So I changed the subject heading but i feel it was needed. I can understand how some listers are not interested in any landuse issue or what is going on with the national forests or where ever. I also know that the issues here on the East of the Mississippi are different from those on the western side, mostly due to total population and those pressures on the lands. Remember, out west is still pretty much wide open, here in the east it's filling up quite quickly. However, It is relevant KLR content and effects many listers, nay, all listers as it is an attack on motorcycling as a whole. And as a large group we must defend the whole, whether it affects you directly or not. It's like saying that it's okay for a country to attack Rhode Island because it doesn't effect me in Kansas. How are these issues relevent to KLR? The KLR is a dual sport motorcycle, and people use their KLRs for a wide variety of things. Some will load up with luggage and head out to Moad, some will just pull out of their driveway and head for a local forest road. Dual sporting encompasses road and dirt riding. It does not matter what percentage of paved road you ride, nor does it measure how dirt oriented you get. Heck, I'll go out in the garage, get the KTM and ride 30 miles to our local ORV area, put some time in on the single track trails, maybe swing by a few favorite forest roads on the way home and call it a day. Or I may saddle up the KLR with camping gear and head out for the Georgia mountains exploring some dirt roads and the twisties. Either way, I'm dual sporting. You can't claim one is good and one is bad. You must defend both. And yes, the dirt bikes and atv riders are the one's that use these orv areas the most (but dual sporters do as well). That does not require a ban, that requires education and compliance with rules and regulations and enforcement of laws and regulations. And on the other hand, I have personally, broke sweat and blood and have enjoyed the pleasure of blisters helping some ORV organizations take care of these facilities by digging run off ditches, trimming trees, digging fencepost holes and building a fence, and mapping an area for the forestry departments So for those of you who are "bothered" with these issues, scan the subject matter of the mail and just delete the messege. But I would prefer to be informed. And yes, some folks will turn it into a political bashing of someone, no matter who's in office. But that's part of being a democracy. We must be tolerant of others viewpoints even if they offend and contridict our own. Key word...tolerance. And personal responsibilty is shown by deleting any offending messege. Remember, you DO NOT have to respond to anything you DO NOT want to. No matter what you believe, and how you wish to lay blame, there is an assault on access to public lands. ORV areas are threatend. Forest roads are threatened. And dual sporters use both of these. So please don't judge how others use their dual sport motorcycles based only on your own riding habits, look at the greater picture of dual sporting. Indifference is the first step towards totalitarianism. Minimize no one regardless of what they do, or how they do it. The KLR is a dual sport motorcycle. So these are important to KLR riders. KLR content...... yes. Swampy

gtx

ride

Post by gtx » Fri Jan 26, 2001 3:44 pm

Hi people
                 4 degrees in Norfolk,England and the roads are DRY,this is the first time i've ridden in the dry,since owning my klr600,not as slippy as wet weather riding
with a motocross knobly on the back,put 70 odd miles on the odo,sun is shining,its amazing what a bit of sun does!
                                                     feeling good,adios Gary

gtx

ride

Post by gtx » Fri Jan 26, 2001 5:11 pm

Hi Andy,If its any consolation,its now raining cats and dogs
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Watts" To: Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 10:55 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] ride > > On 2001-01-26 gtxapache@... said: > >------extPart_000_0091_01C087E2.B9BE77C0 > >charsetso-8859-1" > >Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > >Hi people > >4 degrees in Norfolk,England and the roads are DRY,this is > >the first time i've ridden in the dry,since owning my klr600,not as > >slippy as wet weather riding > >with a motocross knobly on the back,put 70 odd miles on the odo,sun > >is shin ing,its amazing what a bit of sun does! > >feeling good,adios Gary > Hi Gary, > all it's done here in Southampton this afternoon is pour with rain. > Can't wait until i get some decent trail tyres on and visit some decent > trails.. > Regards > Andy - Southampton > KLR650 A1 >

gyb@sprynet.com

ride

Post by gyb@sprynet.com » Sat Jan 27, 2001 2:18 am

>Yesterday . . . 65 degrees in Central Florida, 75 miles on the KLR. >Life is good again!
65 degrees???? It's like summer. Did you ride in shorts, tank top and flip flops? ;-) Gustavo

cccp7@hotmail.com

ride

Post by cccp7@hotmail.com » Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:10 am

Bike is in pieces. Got the wrong part from the dealer. It's 25 degrees. Alternator is busted on my cage. But money can fix those things. Life is wonderful. Unlike my neighboor, I don't have to fight cancer. Enjoy every day... Raz
>Yesterday . . . 65 degrees in Central Florida, 75 miles on the > KLR. > Life is good again! >

Steve Thomas

ride

Post by Steve Thomas » Sun Jan 28, 2001 11:19 am

Hey list,
    Took KiLleR out yesterday for a ride. Done 50 miles riding an abandoned RR track. Still a lot of trees in the way form the recent ice storms. Rode 60 percent road 40 percent tracks. Had a blast. I'm alive again!!!! Its time for the first valve check at 526 miles. (A little overdue.) 49 degrees here in Emerson AR. Not bad.

Steve T.
            AKA Jabo    
            A14  526 miles   

Thomas Baumen

ride

Post by Thomas Baumen » Wed May 09, 2001 8:57 am

I spent 5 hours yesterday in the Trask area. I rode over from Hillsboro to Yamhill and gassed up. The I rode west to Farland Rode and started entered dirt and gravel. I stayed on gravel roads the entire time because I was alone but I made it over to the Trask river. I then started south intending to come out on the Nestucca via Clarence creek but I missed a turn and wandered along some ridge for almost an hour only to come out at an intersection I had entered near. I was at the Ginger creek area so I decided to try another way out to Yamhill and that road was rough and wandered about 20 miles getting down the hill. I went through some beautiful forested area and saw a lot of waterfalls. It is dry up there now compared to just a few weeks ago. Any way I had a great time. Tom Baumen

Frosty

[zrx1100] nklr - nzrx - people search

Post by Frosty » Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:17 pm

Sorry guys, I didn't know how else to do this... But I got a call that someone was interested in my KLR from South Carolina by the name of Jeff Dawson. I got the impression that he was either on the KLR650 list or the ZRX1100 list. Does anybody know him? Thanks, Frosty [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]