klr in central ca

DSN_KLR650
vfrdirk

two brothers exhaust system?

Post by vfrdirk » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:02 pm

I was poking around on the Internet and discovered that Two Brothers is offering an exhaust system for the KLR, apparently after not having one for a while. A few questions... 1. Does this system suck ass? (That's a technical term, hope it's not over anyone's head...) 2. It says it's for bikes up to 1999. Is this old info, or was there an exhaust change in 2000? (I have an A14, so I'm wondering) 3. Is it as loud and annoying as most other TBR systems I've encountered? Any experience and advice would be appreciated... Dirk 97 VFR 00 KLR (not necessarily in that order)

Zachariah Mully

two brothers exhaust system?

Post by Zachariah Mully » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:20 pm

Dirk- I think that Dale in SoCal has one on his well abused ^H^H^H^H^H^H ridden KLR. Loud. Who knows about it's lifespan either. Being that the cheapest is $320 without the S-pipe, it's not a deal either. For that money you might as well shell out for the Produro. Or go with a IDS2 and make sure you take care of it. Z DC
On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 13:02, vfrdirk wrote: > I was poking around on the Internet and discovered that Two Brothers > is offering an exhaust system for the KLR, apparently after not > having one for a while. A few questions... > > 1. Does this system suck ass? (That's a technical term, hope it's not > over anyone's head...) > > 2. It says it's for bikes up to 1999. Is this old info, or was there > an exhaust change in 2000? (I have an A14, so I'm wondering) > > 3. Is it as loud and annoying as most other TBR systems I've > encountered? > > Any experience and advice would be appreciated... > > Dirk > 97 VFR > 00 KLR > (not necessarily in that order) >

bmrbill

klr in central ca

Post by bmrbill » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:53 pm

Wasn't me. I drove the Jeep to work yesterday morning. I live up Mines road at the 17 mile marker. If you see an A15 between The Junction and Livermore, it could be me. Bill
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Pete Wittstruck" wrote: > While out riding yesterday morning I spotted a KLR in Del Puerto Canyon at the "T" in the road. I was stopped, riding my white CBX with a friend on a blue BMW. We waived and the KLR rider waived back. Could this have been one of our listers? > > Pete Wittstruck > Turlock CA > A16 > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]