abus locks chains

DSN_KLR650
usa650

abus locks chains

Post by usa650 » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:23 pm

Remove the sidestand switch behind the little black plastic cover on the left of the KLR so you can route the chain around the frame tube when you lock it up.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., KJ wrote: > Anyone have an Abus 37 Quick or 39 Victory disk lock? The 39 Victory is a > unique design but I'm wondering if it will work with the KLR. Any > suggestions on locks and locking the KLR? > > http://www.abus.com

btl6847

fixing shift levers that come loose...

Post by btl6847 » Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:03 pm

Hey Y'all, I noticed that a few people on the list stated that their shift levers come loose at the pinch bolt, eventually stripping the splines, or at least making a big pain of itself having to tighten it up every so often. Here is a trick I learned years ago Motocrossing. I had a couple of Yamahas that had aluminum shift levers, and you could strip them very easily over-tightening the pinch bolt, and locktite didn't work well, nor did a lock washer. What I did was put a longer bolt into the shift lever, so it'd come out about a quarter inch or so past the other end of the pinched area of the lever. Then, I'd put a nut with a lock washer (and locktite) onto that end, and while making sure the head of the bolt stayed secure at the top, tightened the heck out of the bottom nut. This combination worked 100%!!!!! I have used it since when I have a shifter come loose. I have the IMS lever on now, and it doesn't come loose, ever. The stock lever is good for this mod also. This doesn't cure the stock lever being a piece of crap weldwise, but at least you won't have to worry about the pinch bolt coming loose again, and welding it to the shaft won't have to be done. Hope that this little tip comes in handy for some! Brian A12