mother of all klr accessories-nklr

DSN_KLR650
xactoman2000

help, starter keeps spinning

Post by xactoman2000 » Sun Feb 17, 2002 3:27 pm

the weather has turned nice and I went to get me KLR out for a spin. When I thumbed the starter, the starter turned over and just kept spinning. The choke wasn't on so it didn't start, but the starter motor wouldn't stop when I let go of the starter button. I turned the red safety switch off and even removed the key and the starter was still spinning. What's the deal. I have heard all the problems about safety switches and bikes not starting, but haven't run across anybody on this list who had this problem. Do you think it is the starter relay? How is this relay different than the starter circuit relay? It isn't a sticky starter switch, I checked that. The fact that it keeps spinning with the safety off and the key removed kind of freaks me out. The only way I could get it to stop was rip the side apart and disconnect the battery. I would appreciate any hints on this. thanks

zootpatutie

mother of all klr accessories-nklr

Post by zootpatutie » Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:29 pm

Man, talk about people suddenly not cutting you off in traffic. ;>\ Better attention getter than all the diode, flasher, pay attention lighting devices combined.