new centerstand

DSN_KLR650
zman_419

klr suspension...

Post by zman_419 » Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:27 pm

OK... so I am sitting on a brand new (2002) KLR650 in the show room (I weigh 185) and my girl friend gets on the bike with me (she weighs 110) and the bike (immediately) sinks 2 inches....... It shocked both of us.. Is this typical of the supension system? Is it just adjusted soft? The salesman just kinda shrugged his shoulders... Walter NorthWest, Ohio

RM

klr suspension...

Post by RM » Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:38 pm

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, zman_419 wrote:
>OK... so I am sitting on a brand new (2002) KLR650 in the show room (I >weigh 185) and my girl friend gets on the bike with me (she weighs 110) >and the bike (immediately) sinks 2 inches....... It shocked both of >us.. Is this typical of the supension system? Is it just adjusted soft? >The salesman just kinda shrugged his shoulders...
I weigh 185. The preload on "2" is what works best for me. Put the chicky on the back and ya gotta crank the pre-load up full blast ("5"). It'll still sag a bit but it's MUCH better with the preload adjusted. The factory preload setting is probably "1". RM

Miata Myk

klr suspension...

Post by Miata Myk » Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:45 pm

> OK... so I am sitting on a brand new (2002) KLR650 in the show room > (I weigh 185) and my girl friend gets on the bike with me (she weighs > 110) and the bike (immediately) sinks 2 inches....... It shocked > both of us.. Is this typical of the supension system? Is it just > adjusted soft? The salesman just kinda shrugged his shoulders...
That's about normal. The suspension is soft overall.

kryzytski

new centerstand

Post by kryzytski » Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:32 pm

Just installed a centerstand on a 2001 klr650 that is brand new in the U.S. Manufactured in Germany by SW MOTO-TECH, some guys who used to work for Five-Star. Arms do not curve back, so it's like the Dual-Star in appearance, but it has a lower profile (better ground clearance) and it has, on the left leg, a small flange to put your foot on. Pivot mechanism is great: I have no trouble lifting the bike, especially by grabbing hold of the SU luggage rack. The feet are fairly short. I would call this centerstand a "ride-off" stand. In other words, on most terrain, you could get on the bike and just ride off the stand (might not work on very loose gravel or dirt. Available soon from Fred at Arrowheadmotorsports. $160 w/ nice Sagebrush bolts. There's two kind of people: those who complain about the price of everything and those who find clever ways of rationalizing the cost of things that they desire. Which are you?!