ordered my "modified" corbin

DSN_KLR650
warrenb

portland oregon dealer

Post by warrenb » Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:23 pm

Glad I found this group! I'm looking to purchase my first motorcycle (either a KLR 250 or KLR 650) soon. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Kawasaki dealers in the greater Portland area. Up to 75 miles or so away wouldn't be any trouble. Thanks! -WarrenB

dooden

portland oregon dealer

Post by dooden » Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:42 pm

Hey Warren, Glad you found the group, please excuse whenever people go on and on about nothing, but winter months tend to give cabin fever to the ice/snow bound folks. ;-) First bike ? Not that I am a expert, but my first bike was a 80cc trail bike when I was like 6 yrs old many moons ago, have rode 80cc,90cc,125cc's all of which were trail bikes some street legal, then moved to a 400cc street bike, bit different to ride of course, now later on in life I got me a KLR-650 and love it. I have a couple nicknames for it "The beast" and "Monster", it is a big bike about 400 pounds fueled, I am basically a newbie to the KLR at little over 500 miles on the clock, and put away for the winter now. I am fairly large guy, so the weight is ok for me, but again have yet to get this beast off the road into what I consider trails, which include heavy wooded and swampy areas, but will be glad this Thumper will run any road I want without overworking the ole piston, more to come on the off road follies come spring/summer. Not expecting alot of trouble. I did order a smaller front sprocket and a bit larger rear sprocket with mud slots grooved into it, to gear the machine down a bit. To me 1st Gear was way too high for tight trails and slow wooded rides around trees and such. Go find a dealer and sit on these bikes, the 650 again is a big bike for a new rider IMHO, the 250 would have benefits to learning the dynamics of 2 wheeled rolling assault vehicles. Attend a MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) course, they teach basic skills and how to ride. Wear protective gear, helmet, gloves, boots, googles and have fun. Welcome to the group. Duden A15 Pilot (Frozen in) btw: A15, A11, A16 ect ect refers to the year of mfr. A15 = 15th year after production of that model, or something close, so A16 would be *duh* 16th year of production. At least on the KLR-650's, im sure somebody will correct that if im wrong. Oh ya.. If this seems a bit long see first paragraph. ;-)
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "warrenb" wrote: > Glad I found this group! > > I'm looking to purchase my first motorcycle (either a KLR 250 or KLR > 650) soon. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for > Kawasaki dealers in the greater Portland area. Up to 75 miles or so > away wouldn't be any trouble. > > Thanks! -WarrenB

John Lyon

ordered my "modified" corbin

Post by John Lyon » Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:47 pm

It took about 1500 miles for mine to get nice and comfy. I agree about the piping, I nixed that from my seat. YMMV, John --- Dennis Kesseler wrote:
> First off, it takes about 100 hours of your ass in > the seat to break a > corbin in right. I have had 3 Corbins on various > bikes. They are harder than > other seats. I've ridden several hundred thousand > miles on them. I have no > back problems, butt problems, nada. They will not > give you instant > gratification it takes a little time for breakin. > You are better off getting > a seat that is smooth with no leather piping which > will dig into you thighs > over longer periods. Wider is better also anysupport > even slight you can add > on your back helps big time. Which is why the > 'gunfighter'moedl is popular. > > -- > dennis k > '01-IBR > Maine, usa
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail! http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/