aftermarket exhaust systems ?

DSN_KLR650
s2mumford

so cal ride invite, jan 19th and 20th, old mojave road

Post by s2mumford » Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:40 pm

-If you would like to come out on Friday the 18th, a group will be staying at the Ace Motel in Lucerne Valley, the # for reservations is 760-248-7524. On Friday evening, there will be eating, drinking, and being merry (Karaoke if we can find it). The ride will start the next morning, Saturday the 19th. - Jan 19th, leave from Ace Motel parking lot in Lucerne Valley at 8.50 am. Ride Powerline and easy dirt roads to Laughlin, NV. -Night of Jan 19th, stay at Colorado Belle, ph# 866-352-3553 if you would like to make reservations. -Jan 20th, leave Colorado Belle parking lot at 8.50 am, ride the Old Mojave Road back towards Afton. There will be experienced riders in this group, all we ask is that you keep an eye on the guy behind you. Wait at turns, look back once in a while, etc. Hope to see you there, Thanks and Happy Holidays Stuart Mumford

John Irvine

so cal ride invite, jan 19th and 20th, old mojave road

Post by John Irvine » Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:28 pm

Got any good riding suggestions around Laughlin? Tmorrow I'm heading out to Vegas, catching the art of the moto and then jumping out of an airplane (Christmmas present for me and my 18 year old daughter!)From there it is to Death Valley for some dirt roads and after Christmas will be heading south towards AZ and back to NM. --- s2mumford wrote:
> -If you would like to come out on Friday the 18th, a > group will be > staying at the Ace Motel in Lucerne Valley, the # > for reservations is > 760-248-7524. On Friday evening, there will be > eating, drinking, and > being merry (Karaoke if we can find it). The ride > will start the next > morning, Saturday the 19th. > > - Jan 19th, leave from Ace Motel parking lot in > Lucerne Valley at > 8.50 am. Ride Powerline and easy dirt roads to > Laughlin, NV. > > -Night of Jan 19th, stay at Colorado Belle, ph# > 866-352-3553 if you > would like to make reservations. > > -Jan 20th, leave Colorado Belle parking lot at 8.50 > am, > ride the Old Mojave Road back towards Afton. > > There will be experienced riders in this group, all > we ask is that > you keep an eye on the guy behind you. Wait at > turns, look back once > in a while, etc. > > Hope to see you there, > Thanks and Happy Holidays > Stuart Mumford > > > Checkout Dual Sport News at > http://www.dualsportnews.com > Be part of the Adventure! > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of your unique holiday gifts! Buy at http://shopping.yahoo.com or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

i_ride_klr

aftermarket exhaust systems ?

Post by i_ride_klr » Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:32 am

I've had my KLR A5 for about a year and a half now, and I've put over 10 000 miles on it since, most of them on a trans-US tour (Montreal- LA-San Fran and back..) this summer. I rode the bike with the stock pipe for quite some time, until I picked up a supertrapp IDS for 20$us from a friend that just bought the Big Gun. The pipe is loud. I love it, it sounds great to me, but some might not like it at all. So if loud pipes bother you, forget it. If you're looking for higher top speed, you'll be disapointed. However, with the pipe and minor carb adjustments (2 washers under main, pilot 3.5 turns out), the bike becomes so much snappier. The dyno might not show it, but the pipe did make a big difference in my opinion and was worth the 20 bucks. As a matter of fact, I'd even buy it full price and still see it worth it. I think that a supertrapp IDS2 is reasonably priced, but I wouldn't go for the Big Gun that is nice, but too expensive. Paul T. Montreal, CANADA A5
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "dooden" wrote: > Is it just me, or does it really seem silly to take off a nice and > quiet pipe, thats USFS approved ( gotta make Smokey happy ), and > replace it with something that is > "priced way outta line" (Foghorn Leghorn voice used there ). > > I know if your racing, getting the extra 1 or 2 HP is understandable, > but a KLR ? its a 400 pound Green Monster that with the stock pipe > churns out 36 HP, exceeds any speed I will ever ride it, at least > with any form a knobby tires on it, and sitting 4 feet off the > ground. > At 80 MPH its quite drifty enuff thank you. > Maybe im just getting too old, but the money spent on a aftermarket > pipe to me makes a better bargain using it on nice Gel Seat cover or > something to help reduce that darn "Monkey Butt Syndrome". > > Just my .01 cents worth... > > Duden > A15 Pilot