klr gps: polarity question - thanks

DSN_KLR650
Luke Reimer

nklr ?'s on so cal desert riding - ridgecrest area

Post by Luke Reimer » Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:39 am

Hi all, I'm planning on taking my KLR250 and wife on her Yamaha TW200 down to the desert in the next couple weeks ... never been there, wondering if anyone on the list has experience riding on BLM lands near Mojave/Ridgecrest or in the Death Valley area ... any suggestions for beginner/intermediate type trails would be great, or links to web sites with same info ... Thanks, Luke

RM

Post by RM » Fri Nov 16, 2001 1:30 am

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Luke Reimer wrote:
>experience riding on BLM lands near Mojave/Ridgecrest or in the Death >Valley area ... any suggestions for beginner/intermediate type trails >would be great, or links to web sites with same info ...
Join and ask here also: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCalDualSport Quite a few of us have been 'round those parts... RM

Stu

Post by Stu » Fri Nov 16, 2001 1:44 am

The desert / dirt road trails around there are darn near unlimited. Check the BLM site, or do a search at google.com for "Death Valley off road". I like the desertusa.com site, too. Has some great .pdf maps available. Another option, maybe the best one, is to talk to the local folks when you get there. You may have a lot more fun that way. Have fun CA Stu A13
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Luke Reimer" wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm planning on taking my KLR250 and wife on her Yamaha TW200 down to the > desert in the next couple weeks ... never been there, wondering if anyone on > the list has > > experience riding on BLM lands near Mojave/Ridgecrest or in the Death Valley > area ... any suggestions for beginner/intermediate type trails would be > great, or links to web sites with same info ... > > Thanks, > Luke

Arden Kysely

klr gps: polarity question - thanks

Post by Arden Kysely » Fri Nov 16, 2001 8:58 am

Thanks for all the good info, guys. Arden Kysely A11 "Mr. K"
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Stuart Mumford" wrote: > I would suggest either calling or emailing Tom Myers at Cycoactive. He knows > motorcycle GPS. > > CA Stu > > -----Original Message----- > From: George Basinet [mailto:geobas@h...] > Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 7:27 PM > Stuart Mumford wrote: > > >Can't do that for the eMap, transformer in the cigarette lighter plug to > >make evil 12v into good 2.5v. > >I think Big Cee is working on a hardwired solution for this, though. > >Combination mount, plug, and regulator. > > > >CA Stu > > > > > Radio Shack has many different voltage reduced cigar lighter plugs. I > bought a 3v to experiment with. The plug I got from Garmin broke during > a 1000 mile ride. I'm wondering if I can 'hardening' it with some > silicon. Incidentally Garmin replaced the plug at no cost. > > George > Escondido, CA