nklr would you please contact me...

DSN_KLR650
Klemen Ulaga

tires and saddle

Post by Klemen Ulaga » Fri Oct 26, 2001 3:21 am

Couple of questions I was hoping someone could help with......... I want to buy some Avon Gripsters for my KLR, but heard they are slippery on wet roads. Does anyone have experience with these particular tires?? What are good alternatives for about 80% street, 20% dirt riding?? I'm looking for a decent saddle that will accomodate daily rides as well as some touring. I'm thinking of going with the Travelcade kit because I've never been impressed with Corbin and don't like the size and looks of Russell. Any suggestion or advice?? Klem --------------------------------- Do You Yahoo!? Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Ted Palmer

tires and saddle

Post by Ted Palmer » Fri Oct 26, 2001 10:06 am

Klemen Ulaga wrote: [...]
> I want to buy some Avon Gripsters for my KLR, but heard they are slippery on wet roads. Does anyone have experience with these particular tires??
[...] I don't understand where the wet weather rumours come from. I've happily split lanes in the rain at 140kmh on Gripsters. However, they do have a problem with traction on wet tram tracks. Mister_T Melbourne Australia

guymanbro@excite.com

tires and saddle

Post by guymanbro@excite.com » Fri Oct 26, 2001 3:10 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Klemen Ulaga wrote:
> > I'm looking for a decent saddle that will accomodate daily rides as
well as some touring. I'm thinking of going with the Travelcade kit because I've never been impressed with Corbin and don't like the size and looks of Russell. Any suggestion or advice??
> > Klem >
http://www.sporttour.com does a saddle rebuild for $125. I just sent my saddle in to get done on Wednesday. They claim a one to two day turn-around once they get the seat. I'll report back to the list on the turn-around time and my impressions of the seat when I have it for a bit. As far as I know, no one on list has tried this seat before. AT least, when I asked if anyone had, no one came forward. dat broo

Susan and Marshall

tires and saddle

Post by Susan and Marshall » Tue Oct 30, 2001 8:11 pm

Klem, Ran the Gripsters on my KLX and got about 8500 miles out of the rear tire. Worked fine on wet pavement IMHO. You might have heard they are aptly named "slipsters" on wet grass or in the mud, this is TRUE!!! Currently running the Distanzia and it is a MUCH better tire as compared to the Gripster, IMHO. After riding "Blackhorse" over 1600 miles from Ok to New Orleans and back, I can attest to the comfort, quality and great looks of the seat by Rocky Myer. I can't say enough good things about this seat. The comfort level is fabulous, and a lot of people during my trip asked where I got the great looking seat. Mine is vinyl, but it is available in leather. Rocky took great pains in the customer service department too. No springs, no bells and whistles, just a great seat and worth every penny. Hope this helps, Marshall in Afton, Ok '95 KLXC3 "Blackhorse" (in honor of those who served)
----- Original Message ----- From: Klemen Ulaga To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 12:21 AM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Tires and saddle > > Couple of questions I was hoping someone could help with......... > > I want to buy some Avon Gripsters for my KLR, but heard they are slippery on wet roads. Does anyone have experience with these particular tires?? What are good alternatives for about 80% street, 20% dirt riding?? > > I'm looking for a decent saddle that will accomodate daily rides as well as some touring. I'm thinking of going with the Travelcade kit because I've never been impressed with Corbin and don't like the size and looks of Russell. Any suggestion or advice?? > > Klem > > > > > > --------------------------------- > Do You Yahoo!? > Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals. > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > Checkout Dual Sport News at > http://www.dualsportnews.com > Be part of the Adventure! > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >

monahanwb@yahoo.com

nklr would you please contact me...

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Tue Oct 30, 2001 8:12 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Dr. Krok" wrote: Thanks! I'm looking for: > Jim Clark Wow, Jim Clark! I always suspected, after reading of his death in the '65 Grand Prix, that he actually escaped and ran off with his secretary, he probably had a McClaren stashed away up in the Alps somewhere. Bill (I know a guy who belongs to the Bob Smith club, and also a guy who is in the Jim Smith club) These are probably guys who owe El Crokko (he really should market barbecue sauce or pancake mix)money, wanna bet?