installing kle givi rack on klr

DSN_KLR650
haverkortbrothers@hotmail.com

installing kle givi rack on klr

Post by haverkortbrothers@hotmail.com » Mon Oct 29, 2001 3:37 pm

Well folks, For those of you who didn't think it was possible to use the KLE 500 Givi racks for mounting bags on a KLR (myself included), I've stuck a few pictures on the list under: Photos/Luggage and Racks/Givi KLE install I wanted to go with a single tube style rack, but the dealership said they wouldn't honor my warranty if I did this. They claimed that if it wasn't a rack manufactured by Givi, I was on my own. I thought that this was rather odd, since Givi doesn't make a rack specifically for the KLR, but they do make one for the KLE (an altogether different bike). They agreed to mount the KLE rack for free, which was a good thing because the mounting basically has nothing in common with the instructions. About half the bolts were used, and two main brackets were left over. All said and done it seems pretty solid and it's fully covered by the warranty, being purchased and installed at the dealership. A good idea? Time will tell. Those bags sure are slick. Thanks, Tyson Haverkort

Ed Snow

nklr - voyager ax overpant, any comments?

Post by Ed Snow » Mon Oct 29, 2001 4:58 pm

I am on the search for the holy cold weather overpant. I like the First Gear Hyperhoosie overpant but have no had the opportunity to try on a pair (I have the Kilimanjaro Jacket). Today I tried on the Motoport Voyager AX, it seems pretty nice and a little bit cheaper. Anyone have any experience with the pant or dealing with Motoport? Ed Snow 2001 KLR650 "Zoom Zoom