nklr: the versatility of a dualsport bike

DSN_KLR650
pstuart@planetweb.com

nklr - shafties and the coriolis force

Post by pstuart@planetweb.com » Fri Sep 28, 2001 1:51 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Dale Johnson" wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., RM wrote: > > --- Riley Harlton wrote: > > > > > They can wheelie and do counter steer. I think he was joking. > > > > Shafties cannot wheelie. The Coriolis Effect prevents this from > occuring, > > no matter how hard you try. > --Snip > Question: > I was taught that the Coriolis force was not a real force, but a > fictitious one. The proof of this is found in the inability of the > Coriolis force to do any work. > > Answer: > It is true that the Coriolis force does no work. Yet, the ability
to
> do work is not a prerequisite for a force. If the Coriolis force
were
> to be disqualified owing to its inability to do work, it would take
a
> number of other well established forces along with it into
oblivion.
> For example, a charged particle, such as an electron, moving in a > static magnetic field has no work done on it by that field even > though it experiences the magnetic force. Alas, a claim for the > fictitious nature of the Coriolis force based upon its inability to > do work is an ex post facto argument (one concocted to support a > position arrived at for different reasons).
The Coriolis Force, a close personal friend of mine, is honestly trying to get its life together, and is currently enrolled in a training program to enable it to do useful work, since it is nearing the lifetime welfare limit. It knows people are getting sick and tired of it sponging off the public welfare trough. It's unfortunate that it will begin looking for work during an economic recession. But soon it will, in fact, be doing real work, just like the rest of us. I guess that water swirling down the drain thing was just a hobby. It's never really given me a straight answer on that. I don't know about the welfare situation for those other forces, though. -- Paul Stuart

Tengai650

nklr: the versatility of a dualsport bike

Post by Tengai650 » Fri Sep 28, 2001 4:26 pm

At 3:51 PM -0400 9/28/01, Mark St.Hilaire, Sr wrote:
> > What kind of D/S is this? > > >http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/ap/20010927/wl/1001626903afghanistan_attacks_ >afg110.html > >And, why is Little Richard holding a gun?
I thought it was Chairman Kaga from Iron Chef. Mark B2 A2 A3