iron butt on a klr

DSN_KLR650
inTrax1@webtv.net

king tires

Post by inTrax1@webtv.net » Thu Mar 01, 2001 12:51 am

I've put King tubeless tires on my KLR. I didn't know when I order them they were tubeless. I mounted them useing the tubes. Should I have any problems doing this?

Swede

king tires

Post by Swede » Thu Mar 01, 2001 7:53 am

You shouldn't - quite a few tires that are tubeless will state on them to fit a tube if the application demands it. "Swede"
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., inTrax1@w... wrote: > I've put King tubeless tires on my KLR. I didn't know when I order them they were tubeless. I mounted them useing the tubes. Should I have any problems doing this?

k650dsn@aol.com

king tires

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Thu Mar 01, 2001 8:16 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., inTrax1@w... wrote:
> I've put King tubeless tires on my KLR. I didn't know when I order
them they were tubeless. I mounted them useing the tubes. Should I have any problems doing this?
>>
You should be fine. I use Avon Gripster tubless on my KLR even though they offer a tube type. The tubeless has a heavier carcass which I think is a benefit on a dual sport. Let us know how you like those King tires. The only other person I know of running Kings was Skip Faulkner, and we all know what he went and did. He'll only be buying expensive Metzelers now. Gino

Claes Borovac

king tires

Post by Claes Borovac » Thu Mar 01, 2001 8:18 am

I have heard stuff like: "The tyre will heat up from the friction between the tube and tyre, and it is not designed for that" Is that bs? Claes, a swede in Dublin. -----Original Message----- From: k650dsn@... [mailto:k650dsn@...] Sent: 01 March 2001 14:17 To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: King tires
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., inTrax1@w... wrote: > I've put King tubeless tires on my KLR. I didn't know when I order them they were tubeless. I mounted them useing the tubes. Should I have any problems doing this? >> You should be fine. I use Avon Gripster tubless on my KLR even though they offer a tube type. The tubeless has a heavier carcass which I think is a benefit on a dual sport. Let us know how you like those King tires. The only other person I know of running Kings was Skip Faulkner, and we all know what he went and did. He'll only be buying expensive Metzelers now. Gino Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Swede

king tires

Post by Swede » Thu Mar 01, 2001 8:26 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Claes Borovac wrote:
> I have heard stuff like: "The tyre will heat up from the friction
between
> the tube and tyre, and it is not designed for that" Is that bs? > > Claes, a swede in Dublin.
The only friction heat you should get is if you run extremely low air pressure - a tube is merely an air bladder and conforms to the inner tire surface - if this wasn't the case, you'd have problems with the tubed tires having the same problem. "Swede"

Brad Davis

king tires

Post by Brad Davis » Thu Mar 01, 2001 8:35 am

> Let us know how you like those King tires. The only other person I > know of running Kings was Skip Faulkner, and we all know what he
went
> and did. He'll only be buying expensive Metzelers now. > > Gino
What did Skip Faulkner do and why is he buying expensive tires now? I run King tires on my bike. Brad

k650dsn@aol.com

king tires

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Thu Mar 01, 2001 8:49 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Brad Davis" wrote:
> What did Skip Faulkner do and why is he buying expensive tires now?
I
> run King tires on my bike. > > Brad
Well, Skip bought a BMW and as you know, it's against the law to put any other brand of tire on a Beemer other than Metzeler and Michelin. Gino

Brad Davis

king tires

Post by Brad Davis » Thu Mar 01, 2001 9:49 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., k650dsn@a... wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Brad Davis" wrote: > > > What did Skip Faulkner do and why is he buying expensive tires
now?
> I > > run King tires on my bike. > > > > Brad > > Well, Skip bought a BMW and as you know, it's against the law to put > any other brand of tire on a Beemer other than Metzeler and
Michelin.
> > Gino
Well, I guess that was obvious to everyone but me. BTW, the shop I bought my Kings from said he had just finished putting a set on a pair of BMW's. Should i reprot him to the BMW police? Brad

k650dsn@aol.com

king tires

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Thu Mar 01, 2001 10:12 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Brad Davis" wrote: BTW, the shop I > bought my Kings from said he had just finished putting a set on a pair > of BMW's. Should i reprot him to the BMW police? > > Brad No. He's probably already been tracked down and flogged with a exhaust nut wrench. Truly sad. Gino

msfaul@digisys.net

king tires

Post by msfaul@digisys.net » Thu Mar 01, 2001 10:51 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., k650dsn@a... wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., inTrax1@w... wrote: > > I've put King tubeless tires on my KLR. I didn't know when I
order
> them they were tubeless. I mounted them useing the tubes. Should I > have any problems doing this? > >> > > You should be fine. I use Avon Gripster tubless on my KLR even
though
> they offer a tube type. The tubeless has a heavier carcass which I > think is a benefit on a dual sport. > > Let us know how you like those King tires. The only other person I > know of running Kings was Skip Faulkner, and we all know what he
went
> and did. He'll only be buying expensive Metzelers now. > > Gino
I can`t afford tires now.These will have to last the period of the loan.:>) After those Metzelers wear out, I`ll be going to the Kings. I was impressed with how well they`ve done so far, especially off- road. Skip