digest number 1807

DSN_KLR650
guymanbro@excite.com

nklr: troll??? bombing innocent civillians

Post by guymanbro@excite.com » Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:12 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., pcal765@y... wrote:
> We diliberately bombed civilian targets in WWII in order to win,
why shy away from that now? Maybe because we're smarter and better people than that now. Because we can learn from our past. Because we have the technology available to us today to pinpoint individuals and the knowledge of the horror that nuclear warfare creates (not to mention the fact that we may not be the only ones with nukes now...) The aftershock of Hiroshima is still felt by Japanese culture today - take a look at some of the images portrayed in Japanimation. And because, most of all, we are angry at the loss of innocent people. More death of innocent lives does not bring back the ones we lost. It does not justify or honor their memory. It only serves to further villify our position in the world in the eyes of a people who are surrounded by anti-American propaganda and creates martyrs of the truly evil. Be the better individual. Be the better person. Be a part of the better nation. Be able to be proud of our actions when the anger wears off. Be human. Be good, dat brooklyn bum

monahanwb@yahoo.com

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:19 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., guymanbro@e... wrote:
> Maybe because we're smarter and better people than that now.
Because
> we can learn from our past.
More death of innocent lives
> does not bring back the ones we lost. It does not justify or honor > their memory. It only serves to further villify our position in the > world in the eyes of a people who are surrounded by anti-American > propaganda and creates martyrs of the truly evil. Be the better > individual. Be the better person. Be a part of the better nation.
What he said! What bum said!

guymanbro@excite.com

Post by guymanbro@excite.com » Sat Sep 15, 2001 3:52 am

> > Be a better person... > > I would like to remind you all of the news reports of the past 2
days saying that the CIA had Bin Laden located several years ago and Pres. Clinton declined to order a strike against him out of a concern for "collateral damage".
> > In retrospect, does that decision which you all purport represents > the behavior of "the better people" of "the better nation" still > strike you as the right one? >
Never said to let Bin Laden live. I said leave the women and children out of it. We have many more means of destruction than nuclear, or nerve gas, or other indiscriminate killers.
> Bin Laden is currently using his considerable wealth and talents to > secure nuclear weapons. He is reliably reported to have already > acquired plutonium. It is an absolute certainty that he will get
them and use them against the USA eventually. Are you all saying that you would rather see entire american cities destroyed by nuclear
> terrorism than kill a couple of hundred thousand Afghanis with
nerve gas in order to get Bin Laden.
>
See above.
> I vote we kill as many Afghanis, Iraqis, Iranians, etc. as it takes > to get Bin Laden and every other Islamic Terrorist before they get
us. And I support your right to vote for the slaughter of everyone in a 500 square mile radius but I disagree with the idea.
> > We have the national technical means to eliminate this threat.
Yes we do.
> We need the will to employ it.
What we need is the will to find justice...Justice mind you, NOT revenge or simple minded hateful retaliation. I think my opinions on this matter are evident and fairly clear so I will call it a done thread in my book (reserving the remainder of my time for future use of course....learned that one watching the House of Reps today!) dat brooklyn bum who ultimately wants peace among all nations so it will be easier to ride my KLR wherever I want...

steveg@dimensional.com

Post by steveg@dimensional.com » Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:57 pm

If you are going to post views like this which are stated as your own I think the proper thing to do is PUT YOUR NAME ON IT. Why would you not put your name on it? Something we should be aware of? Steve Green
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., pcal765@y... wrote: > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., monahanwb@y... wrote: > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., guymanbro@e... wrote: > > > Maybe because we're smarter and better people than that now. > > Because > > > we can learn from our past. > > > > More death of innocent lives > > > does not bring back the ones we lost. It does not justify or > honor > > > their memory. It only serves to further villify our position in > the > > > world in the eyes of a people who are surrounded by anti- American > > > propaganda and creates martyrs of the truly evil. Be the better > > > individual. Be the better person. Be a part of the better nation. > > > > What he said! What bum said! > > Be a better person... > > I would like to remind you all of the news reports of the past 2 days > saying that the CIA had Bin Laden located several years ago and Pres. > Clinton declined to order a strike against him out of a concern > for "collateral damage". > > In retrospect, does that decision which you all purport represents > the behavior of "the better people" of "the better nation" still > strike you as the right one? > > Bin Laden is currently using his considerable wealth and talents to > secure nuclear weapons. He is reliably reported to have already > acquired plutonium. It is an absolute certainty that he will get them > and use them against the USA eventually. Are you all saying that you > would rather see entire american cities destroyed by nuclear > terrorism than kill a couple of hundred thousand Afghanis with nerve > gas in order to get Bin Laden. > > I vote we kill as many Afghanis, Iraqis, Iranians, etc. as it takes > to get Bin Laden and every other Islamic Terrorist before they get us. > > We have the national technical means to eliminate this threat. We > need the will to employ it.

Henry (Terry) Brigham

digest number 1807

Post by Henry (Terry) Brigham » Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:54 pm

----- Original Message ----- From: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 10:30 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Digest Number 1807 > Checkout Dual Sport News at > http://www.dualsportnews.com > Be part of the Adventure! > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > There are 25 messages in this issue. > > Topics in this digest: > > 1. RE: Aurora Borealis NKLR > From: Bogdan Swider > 2. Re: NKLR: Troll??? > From: "Glen Meyer" > 3. VERY NKLR was have an ear or some such. > From: "Swampy" > 4. Re: NKLR: Troll??? > From: John Irvine > 5. Re: Cheng Shin C858 > From: Tengai650 > 6. Dual Sport News Subscriber question... > From: S2Mumford@... > 7. Re: Pirelli MT-70's on A-13 > From: "RichardM" > 8. Re: C/shaft nuts: '96 & later > From: "Walter Lesnowich" > 9. Re: Fork Springs > From: "RichardM" > 10. RE: NKLR: Troll??? > From: "Jim Keal" > 11. Re: VERY NKLR was have an ear or some such. > From: "Jim Keal" > 12. travelcade seat cover > From: mitch allen > 13. brake dive > From: Chris Krok > 14. Re: Best mod you can make to the KLR > From: "Steve Pye" > 15. Re: Brake dive > From: "William Valerio" > 16. Re: NKLR: Troll??? Quote from an Afghan-American > From: jayed36@... > 17. Re: NKLR > From: JJNeet1@... > 18. RE: travelcade seat cover > From: "Peter Dahlheimer, MD" > 19. Re: NKLR: Troll??? > From: Dan Oaks > 20. Pictures from the KLR650X Project files! Check'em out!!!! > From: "Zachariah Mully" > 21. Re: NKLR: Troll??? Quote from an Afghan-American > From: monahanwb@... > 22. Re: Pictures from the KLR650X Project files! Check'em out!!!! > From: thesquasher@... > 23. Re: NKLR: Troll??? > From: pcal765@... > 24. Re: Pictures from the KLR650X Project files! Check'em out!!!! NKLR > From: KLR650@... > 25. Re: Pictures from the KLR650X Project files! Check'em out!!!! NKLR > From: monahanwb@... > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 1 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:12:40 -0600 > From: Bogdan Swider > Subject: RE: Aurora Borealis NKLR > > > > > > Who was it they said they saw Aurora Borealis in Florida ? When and what > > strip club was she dancing at ! ? Ha ! Ha ! > > > > Steve > > > > > Yeah, but down there your more likely to see Stormy Night. Ho ! Ho ! > BTW Dawn knows both of them. > > Bogdan > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 2 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:35:13 -0700 > From: "Glen Meyer" > Subject: Re: NKLR: Troll??? > > Jim, > > If our military was strong, I would fully support obliterating all Islamic > factions in the world that support terrorism. Our military is fairly weak > and not able to do another round of "Desert Strom". I hope I'm wrong, but a > retaliatory strike that is worthy of this weeks destruction, if our allies > let us, will no doubt put the US into a full scale war in the Middle East. > > What western culture fails to understand is how the Islamic Arab nations > will drop all their battles with each other and untie as one against the US. > We are in a dire paradox no matter what we do. Afghanistan was Russia's > Vietnam. > > http://www.vicmord.com/islamicthreat.htm > > http://www.vicmord.com/newsletterfebruary.htm > > http://216.10.100.20/ramgen/khouse/avilipkin.rm Recorded on July 10, 2001 > ***Especially timely*** > > God help us all, > > > Glen Meyer > "Once a Marine- Always a Marine" Semper Fi > Post Falls, (North) Idaho > USA > > >What if those planes > > had been carrying a biochemical toxin. You may be one of those dead or > dying > > right now. We have the approval of Russia, England, France, Canada, > > Australia, and the list goes on. I say we go in full power and annihilate > the > > bastards. We are the most powerful nation in the world, there is no > > reasonable reason why we should care which Arabs get killed. If the Arab > > people cared, they would rise up and overthrow their oppressive > governments. > > Yet they do not. Why? Because they are cowards and they also want to > support > > terrorism because they are too cowardly to fight face to face. > > > > No, a troll did not get me, the act of war on my country, perpetrated on > > September 11, 2001, by the Arabic community is what has me in its grip. I > > have never been a racist before, but I am now. Screw those damn Dune > Coons. > > > > America is number 1 > > > > Jim > > KLR650Pilot > > Ex-United States Air Force > > > > Checkout Dual Sport News at > > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > Be part of the Adventure! > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > _________________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Get your free @... address at http://mail.yahoo.com > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 3 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:57:13 -0400 > From: "Swampy" > Subject: VERY NKLR was have an ear or some such. > > If Firefighters fight fires and Crimefighters fight crime, what do > >Freedomfighters fight? > > If ya'll remember, The Majahadin were considered 'Freedomfighters" in the > Afgan war against the Soviet Union back in the 80's, wherefore the Afgans > were fighting for freedom from the Soviets. And it just seems that our > friend, Mr Bin Laden, arose from the "freedomfighters" of that war to become > an actual fighter of freedom. > > > > -Swampy > An American > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 4 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:48:07 -0700 (PDT) > From: John Irvine > Subject: Re: NKLR: Troll??? > > > --- KLR650Pilot@... wrote: > > In a message dated 9/13/01 11:47:35 PM Central > > Daylight Time, > > DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com writes: > > > why we should care which Arabs get > > killed > > I can imagine the terrorists justified themselves > along the same lines " why should we care who gets > killed, innocents, women, children," > > > > > __________________________________________________ > Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? > Donate cash, emergency relief information > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/ > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 5 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:51:22 -0400 > From: Tengai650 > Subject: Re: Cheng Shin C858 > > At 1:04 AM +0000 9/14/01, RichardM wrote: > >...looks very similar to the Kenda K270. More knobby than > >Gripster/OEM, less knobby than MT21/D606. Any experience with them? > > Up close, the tread is very different from the K270. I usually use > the K270, but my A3 came with a new C858 on the rear. It's a > comparable tire, but the C858 corners better on dry pavement. I can > really lean the bike on it; the side knobs seem stiffer. > No more or less scary than the K270 on wet pavement, and they're > about equal off-road. The C858 may clear mud better, but I haven't > had the chance to slime it up. > After I see how the tire wears, I may to switch to a set of C858's > for my Tengai for a try, but continue with the K270 on the others. > The K270 is still the value leader in my opinion. > Mark > B2 > A2 > A3 > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 6 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:17:48 -0000 > From: S2Mumford@... > Subject: Dual Sport News Subscriber question... > > When is the next issue going to hit my mailbox? > Thanks > CA Stu > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 7 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:33:59 -0000 > From: "RichardM" > Subject: Re: Pirelli MT-70's on A-13 > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., Mike ThetrailGoon wrote: > > >#2: they ran HOT (air pressure was double checked a > >zillion times, alignment was spot on, balance was > >perfect) The hot tire thing was a real peace of mind > >killer. > > Were they six ply? All Nylon? > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 8 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:35:56 -0400 > From: "Walter Lesnowich" > Subject: Re: C/shaft nuts: '96 & later > > > I ordered, and have received some M14X1.5 nuts, which I believe will > > hold the post-96 C/shaft sprockets. I am told that the stock nuts > > have a recess for clearance on the inboard face. If a list member > > would be willing to remove his, and send me a good measurement of the > > diameter and depth of that recess, I can evaluate these I have > > received for suitability. These are steel, zinc plated: the recess > > machining will remove the plating, but if chain lube has its way, > > should not succumb to rust. > > Again, my thoughts are with you all: walk with hurzhu (balance, > > beauty). > > Jake > > > > > > Here is what I have checked with a dial caliper which should > be accurate enough for this application.. > > 1.025" dia. x 0.116" depth > or > 26.035 mm x 2.95 mm > > Are these Nyloks? > > Also I would like to order some replacement screws. Could you > send me a list of everything you have for the KLR650 with prices? > I will decide what I need and give you a call. > > Walt > A14 "War Horse" > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 9 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:41:27 -0000 > From: "RichardM" > Subject: Re: Fork Springs > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., david.smith@s... wrote: > > >1. Would changing the oil to 15wt fix this and if so is it easy and > >well documentated some where. > > 15 weight oil will stop the fork from being quite so flabby. It > won't do a thing to correct the heavy dive under braking. > > RM > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 10 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:46:32 -0500 > From: "Jim Keal" > Subject: RE: NKLR: Troll??? > > > > > >From: "Kurt Simpson" > >To: , DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> > >Subject: RE: [DSN_klr650] NKLR: Troll??? > >Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:29:19 -0600 > > > >Jim Sherlock wrote: > > > >have absolutely no regard for life. I can't write what I'd like to > >write, buy > >suffice it to say that I support invasion and destruction of > >Afghanistan, > >Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Egypt, and whoever else is involved. I am sick and > >tired > >of our government being pussy's towards these freaks. What if those > >planes > >had been carrying a biochemical toxin. You may be one of those dead or > >dying > >right now. We have the approval of Russia, England, France, Canada, > >Australia, and the list goes on. I say we go in full power and > >annihilate the > >bastards. We are the most powerful nation in the world, there is no > >reasonable reason why we should care which Arabs get killed. If the Arab > > > >people cared, they would rise up and overthrow their oppressive > >governments. > >Yet they do not. Why? Because they are cowards and they also want to > >support > >terrorism because they are too cowardly to fight face to face. > > > >No, a troll did not get me, the act of war on my country, perpetrated on > > > >September 11, 2001, by the Arabic community is what has me in its grip. > >I > >have never been a racist before, but I am now. Screw those damn Dune > >Coons. > >________ > > > >This is such bullshit...I'm embarassed for you in advance. This list > >should not be a forum for hate mongering. I hope you get banned by the > >list administrator... > > > >Kurt Simpson > > > > ____________________ > > I agree with Kurt. > > -Jim > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 11 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:49:01 -0500 > From: "Jim Keal" > Subject: Re: VERY NKLR was have an ear or some such. > > > > > >From: "Miata Myk" > >Reply-To: "Miata Myk" > >To: "KLR 650 Group" DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> > >Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] VERY NKLR was have an ear or some such. > >Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:33:19 -0400 > > > > > Please . . . let us leave righteousness out of this reaction. > > > >Reminds me of a certain George Carlin quote: > > > >If Firefighters fight fires and Crimefighters fight crime, what do > >Freedomfighters fight? > > > ________ > > Vegetarians eat vegtables, carnivores eat carnivals and egalitarians eat > eagles....... > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 12 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:55:38 -0700 (PDT) > From: mitch allen > Subject: travelcade seat cover > > does anyone use the travelcade replacement seat cover? > if so how do you like it? thanks > > __________________________________________________ > Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? > Donate cash, emergency relief information > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/ > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 13 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:08:04 -0700 > From: Chris Krok > Subject: brake dive > > > I have been following this thread quite closely. I just bought a 2000 > > KLR recently. I am about 230lbs. and when I hit the brakes hard the > > front end dives under me. I have several questions. > > > 1. Would changing the oil to 15wt fix this and if so is it easy and > > well documentated some where. > > Increasing oil weight will make it take longer for the front end to > dive, but it will still dive to the same point as you continue > breaking. That is, the oil weight adjusts damping rate, but not spring > stiffness. > > > 2. What are the shrader valves for on top of the forks. Can you add > > more air pressure to help alleviate the above problem. > > I think the manual states that you can add up to 30 psi of air to the > forks, although they recommend running with no pressure. Pumping them > up will put a bit of extra stress on the seals, and some people swear > that you should never put air in them. The new springs are really the > best way to solve the problem. > > > 3. These progressive springs that everyone keeps talking about are > > they hard to install and is this documentated some where also. > > Easy, you basically have to jack up the bike so the front end is off the > ground, unscrew the caps, and swap the springs. I'm sure somebody has > it documented, probably Andy Cohen. His web address is probably in the > "links" section at Yahoo. Good time to change the fork oil, too. I'm > 235 lbs, and I get good results with 15W oil. > > C > > -- > Dr. J. Christopher Krok Project Engineer, Adaptive Wall Wind Tunnel > Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories, California Institute of Technology > MS 205-45 Phone: 626.395.4794 > Pasadena, CA 91125 Fax: 626.449.2677 > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 14 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:10:30 -0300 > From: "Steve Pye" > Subject: Re: Best mod you can make to the KLR > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Rich W > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Date: Friday, September 14, 2001 4:30 PM > > > > >Got a few flag stickers last night and placed them on the side panels of > my > >KLR. As well, this was received with much support. > > > > > Rich ( or any lister) > > Could you supply me with a few of the flag stickers you refer to? I would > gladly pay whatever they cost + postage to get them. I can't find any here > in this part of Canada but I would like to have some for me and a couple of > my friends. We would like to display them on our bikes/vehicles as a show of > support for our American friends. > > Steve > A11 > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 15 > Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 19:14:09 -0500 > From: "William Valerio" > Subject: Re: Brake dive > > I completely agree with Dr. J. Christopher Krok. I'm close to 300 lbs and I had > exactly the same experience. I didn't change the fork oil and had good results. > Change the rear spring too and ride comfortably 2 up or with gear. The stock springs > are just inadequate. At least for us full figured riders. The throttle lock and the springs > were, in my opinion, the most important upgrades for adventure touring. But shucks... > Just my humble opinion. > > >I think the manual states that you can add up to 30 psi of air to the > >forks, although they recommend running with no pressure. Pumping them > >up will put a bit of extra stress on the seals, and some people swear > >that you should never put air in them. The new springs are really the > >best way to solve the problem. > > > 3. These progressive springs that everyone keeps talking about are > > they hard to install and is this documentated some where also. > > >Easy, you basically have to jack up the bike so the front end is off the > >ground, unscrew the caps, and swap the springs. I'm sure somebody has > >it documented, probably Andy Cohen. His web address is probably in the > >"links" section at Yahoo. Good time to change the fork oil, too. I'm > >235 lbs, and I get good results with 15W oil. > > > > -- > >Dr. J. Christopher Krok Project Engineer, Adaptive Wall Wind Tunnel > >Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories, California Institute of Technology > >MS 205-45 Phone: 626.395.4794 > >Pasadena, CA 91125 Fax: 626.449.2677 > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 17 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:08:56 EDT > From: JJNeet1@... > Subject: Re: NKLR > > > In a message dated 9/14/2001 12:50:11 AM, DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com writes: > > there was asbestos in those buildings or not? > > >> > > Saw a news program where they asked about asbestos, they said there was > none. We haven't used it in buidings for a while now I guess. > Jon Neet > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 18 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:10:03 -0600 > From: "Peter Dahlheimer, MD" > Subject: RE: travelcade seat cover > > do you mean the kit, with cover and replacement foam with gel insert? if > so, i have the travelcade kit. i suppose how you'll like it depends on what > you are looking for. my seat cover has the leather sides and neoprene-like > top. it's very nice looking and pretty rugged considering what i've put it > through. the consistency of the seat foam/gel is favorable in my opinion > over the stocker. however, it doesn't give as much long-distance comfort as > i had hoped it would. i believe that long-distance comfort is imparted > primarily but how wide the seat is. the travelcade doesn't come out any > wider than stock, in fact it might come out a tad narrower. however, > narrower probably does give you a little more freedom of movement off-road. > if you are looking for long-distance comfort, i 100% recommend the russell > product. it's well worth the money and wait. > > _pete > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: mitch allen [mailto:klrdualsport@...] > > Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 4:56 PM > > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > > Subject: [DSN_klr650] travelcade seat cover > > > > > > does anyone use the travelcade replacement seat cover? > > if so how do you like it? thanks > > > > __________________________________________________ > > Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? > > Donate cash, emergency relief information > > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/ > > > > Checkout Dual Sport News at > > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > Be part of the Adventure! > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > _________________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Get your free @... address at http://mail.yahoo.com > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 19 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:15:06 +0000 > From: Dan Oaks > Subject: Re: NKLR: Troll??? > > > > > Jim Sherlock wrote: > > > I > > have never been a racist before, but I am now. Screw those damn Dune > > Coons. > > ________ > > > on 9/14/01 8:29 PM, Kurt Simpson at ajaxkls@... wrote: > > > . . . This is such bullshit...I'm embarassed for you in advance. This list > > should not be a forum for hate mongering . . . > > > > Kurt Simpson > > > > I'm must agree with Kurt, Jim. > > You cannot seriously suggest we condemn an entire race of people because of > the indiscretion af a few crazy bastards. Hell, I've known and despised some > really nasty assholes named Jim, but I don't hate all the Jims in the world. > > > -- > bierdo > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 20 > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:53:48 -0400 > From: "Zachariah Mully" > Subject: Pictures from the KLR650X Project files! Check'em out!!!! > > Hey all- > Taking off for the weekend to go rafting in WV with some good college > buddies. It'll be good therapy. In the meantime, I leave the rest of you > stuck here in the loony bin with some top-secret photos I snapped of a > very interesting KLR I spotted outside my house recently. Check'em out > and let me know what you think! > > http://zaphod.smartbrief.com/pics/wholebike.jpg > http://zaphod.smartbrief.com/pics/frontend.jpg > http://zaphod.smartbrief.com/pics/frontbrake.jpg > > ------------------ > Zack > Banana Republic of Washington, DC > KLR650A5 "Buster" | KLR650A2 | ZG1000A1 | KZ440A2 | KX125G1 | 1966 Vespa > 125 > COG #4664 > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 21 > Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 01:53:16 -0000 > From: monahanwb@... > Subject: Re: NKLR: Troll??? Quote from an Afghan-American > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., jayed36@y... wrote: > > ** Begin quote ** > > > > Dear Gary and whoever else is on this email thread: > > > > I've been hearing a lot of talk about "bombing Afghanistan back to > the > > Stone Age." Ronn Owens, on KGO Talk Radio today, allowed that this > > would mean killing innocent people, people who had nothing to do > with > > this atrocity, but "we're at war, we have to accept collateral > > damage. What else can we do?" Minutes later I heard some TV pundit > > discussing whether we "have the belly to do what must be done." > > > Good post, thanks. Afghanistan has been trampled for a long time.Now > I'm gonna tune in to the "Battle of the Religious Extremists" and see > what they've got to say. Here it is: > > http://us.news2.yimg.com/f/42/31/7m/dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010914/ > us/attacks_robertson_falwell_1.html > > Tune in and see how smart they are about the whole situation. Just > think, if people were segregated out according to some other > standards, like how far from a center they were, then instead of > blaming this on people who are already victims we could label them > instead "religious extremists" and give them all the credit that is > their due. > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 22 > Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 02:27:59 -0000 > From: thesquasher@... > Subject: Re: Pictures from the KLR650X Project files! Check'em out!!!! > > Hey, There's something wrong with those forks. They're upside down. > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Zachariah Mully" wrote: > > Hey all- > I leave the rest of you > > stuck here in the loony bin with some top-secret photos I snapped > of a > > very interesting KLR I spotted outside my house recently. Check'em > out > > and let me know what you think! > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 23 > Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:00:59 -0000 > From: pcal765@... > Subject: Re: NKLR: Troll??? > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Glen Meyer" wrote: > > Jim, > > If our military was strong, I would fully support obliterating all > Islamic > > factions in the world that support terrorism. Our military is > fairly weak > > > Weak? Not so... > > The Russians offered the US use of their military facilites in order > to launch military strikes against Osamah Bin Laden's Al-Quida > organization some time ago. > > The US has experience in wide-area application of chemical agents > gained from the employment of agent orange in Vietnam. > > Given that experience and the vast stockpiles of nerve agents and > other chemical warfare agents left over in Russia from the cold war I > don't see the US as being in a position of weakness regarding Bin > Laden, Afghanistan, or the Islamic world in general. > > Widespread use of lethal nerve agents against Afghanistan to kill Bin > Laden would win this conflict for us quickly. > > As for the innocent Afghani's (assuming there are some), I feel sorry > for them, but as it is only a matter of time now before Bin Laden > acquires nuclear weapons and uses them against us, I think any means > to kill him is justified at this point. Even if it involves several > hundred thousand Afghani civilian deaths. > > We diliberately bombed civilian targets in WWII in order to win, why > shy away from that now? > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 24 > Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:23:50 -0000 > From: KLR650@... > Subject: Re: Pictures from the KLR650X Project files! Check'em out!!!! NKLR > > USD forks, floating disc... Damn spiffy, Zack. Tell us about it, eh? > > Now for the NKLR part: > > Several times now, I have been sitting stopped at a traffic light > and some @$$hole comes from behind me and either changes lanes almost > running me over or just drives on past me, halfway in my lane and > about twelve inches from my leg. Does that happen to anyone else? > It really scares me and makes me not want to ride anymore. Don't > people know that you can't drive that close to bikes?! I can deal > with it if I crash while doing something stupid, but if I'm just > sitting there and get hit from behind by some idiot driving > dangerously -- that's too much. > > Gerret > A15 "Mj☺lnir" > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Zachariah Mully" wrote: > > Hey all- > > Taking off for the weekend to go rafting in WV with some good > college > > buddies. It'll be good therapy. In the meantime, I leave the rest > of you > > stuck here in the loony bin with some top-secret photos I snapped > of a > > very interesting KLR I spotted outside my house recently. Check'em > out > > and let me know what you think! > > > > http://zaphod.smartbrief.com/pics/wholebike.jpg > > http://zaphod.smartbrief.com/pics/frontend.jpg > > http://zaphod.smartbrief.com/pics/frontbrake.jpg > > > > ------------------ > > Zack > > Banana Republic of Washington, DC > > KLR650A5 "Buster" | KLR650A2 | ZG1000A1 | KZ440A2 | KX125G1 | 1966 > Vespa > > 125 > > COG #4664 > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 25 > Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:30:01 -0000 > From: monahanwb@... > Subject: Re: Pictures from the KLR650X Project files! Check'em out!!!! NKLR > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., KLR650@h... wrote: > I can deal > > with it if I crash while doing something stupid, but if I'm just > > sitting there and get hit from behind by some idiot driving > > dangerously -- that's too much. > > > Uh, if you're not assuming they're all driving dangerously (all the > time) then you're not paying enough attention. Especially lately, > since the big plane crashes. Pedestrians, too. I was on the bike > all day at work, and almost ran over a lady running across the street > in front of my office (it is a 45 mph zone, 4 lanes wide - really > more like the front straight at Indy) who ran right through > aggressive CA traffic, and had to *really* dodge cars all day > long.....their minds were not on their driving. Just wait til > Christmas....then it's even worse. > > Bill in CA > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

guymanbro@excite.com

Post by guymanbro@excite.com » Sat Sep 15, 2001 3:04 pm

> Here's my final response as well; > > Again, the only way to have killed Bin Laden at that time was > apparently to kill dozens of innocent > > Again, given what we face now in the future for a certainty, that
is nuclear terrorism, killing a couple of hundred thousand innocent Sorry -- couldn't help but note the difference between a couple dozen and a couple hundred thousand....that's the only difference I'm talking about. dat brooklyn bum (really done)

rob

Post by rob » Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:34 pm

If we killed a couple thousand innocent civilians in our quest for the terrorists, we would be worse scum that this 18th century despot Bin Laden. And then our standing in the world will be gone. course, that's just my opinion. pcal765@... wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., guymanbro@e... wrote: > > Never said to let Bin Laden live. I said leave the women and > children > > out of it. > > I'll try to post this again. The last one disappeared. And this wiil > be the my last post on this subject. And if this is the list Admin. > trashing my posts then it'll be my last post to this group before I > unsubscribe. > > The news reports, if true, indicate that the only way of striking at > Bin Laden at that time was going to involve killing innocent > civilians and because of that Pres. Clinton declined to strike. > > You indicate that you agree with that decision. I wish I could say > that I respect your principles of pacifism, thats really what they > are, but given what we saw on Tuesday and what I think we face in the > future, I don't respect them and I don't think too many people do. > > I'm sorry that Afghani people are beaten, downtrodden, and oppressed > by the cruel Taliban. But if the only way of getting at Bin Laden is > to kill a couple of hundred thousand of them in cold blood then so be > it. If it saves a few million Americans from nuclear terrorism then > it's a just bargin. > > pcal765 > > P.S. Steve, > > What does putting my real name on a post have to do with anything? I > usually post anomyously because I do it from my workstation at my > job. Our e-mail is monitored, and we're not supposed to be surfing > the web for sites like this one. That's all, nothing more sinister > than that. > > Checkout Dual Sport News at > http://www.dualsportnews.com > Be part of the Adventure! > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/