kawasaki warranty, yeah right.

DSN_KLR650
West

warranty, dealers and bears,.. oh my!

Post by West » Mon Sep 10, 2001 11:28 am

Fact is, everybody has got good/bad stories about every dealer/manufacturer... I know I do. Like many of you out there, I have owned over 45 bikes in my life. I've had good experiences and bad ones... sometimes with the same dealer. It's kinda funny to think of "them" this way, but dealers are staffed by humans, humans are sensitive creatures. Treat them well and they'll treat you the same way. I've discovered that if I just treat the sales people with respect, they "bend over backwards" to make sure "I" get a good deal. If I walk in with the attitude of " I've got $.14 to spend and you better give me a good deal damnit" they are going to excuse themselves to the restroom, then crawl out the window to get away. I've owned Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, BMW, KTM, Beta, Gas-Gas, Triumph and Suzuki to name a few, ALL of them have treated me good and bad through the years. If you have had a bad experience with a particular brand, try again. It's like the weather... ya' never know what tomorrow brings. West [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Peter Dahlheimer, MD

warranty, dealers and bears,.. oh my!

Post by Peter Dahlheimer, MD » Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:28 pm

not absolutely (but probably mostly) true. if you treat dealers in ny/nj with respect (which i always did), just like anyone else who you show kindness/respect, they think you're crazy... 8^)
> -----Original Message----- > From: West [mailto:hovlands@...] > Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 10:14 AM > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Warranty, Dealers and Bears,.. Oh my! > > > Fact is, everybody has got good/bad stories about every > dealer/manufacturer... I know I do. > > Like many of you out there, I have owned over 45 bikes in my > life. I've had good experiences and bad ones... sometimes with > the same dealer. It's kinda funny to think of "them" this way, > but dealers are staffed by humans, humans are sensitive > creatures. Treat them well and they'll treat you the same way. > I've discovered that if I just treat the sales people with > respect, they "bend over backwards" to make sure "I" get a good > deal. If I walk in with the attitude of " I've got $.14 to spend > and you better give me a good deal damnit" they are going to > excuse themselves to the restroom, then crawl out the window to get away. > > I've owned Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, BMW, KTM, Beta, Gas-Gas, > Triumph and Suzuki to name a few, ALL of them have treated me > good and bad through the years. If you have had a bad experience > with a particular brand, try again. It's like the weather... ya' > never know what tomorrow brings. > > West > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > Checkout Dual Sport News at > http://www.dualsportnews.com > Be part of the Adventure! > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ >
_________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @... address at http://mail.yahoo.com

Eric Knight Holbrook

kawasaki warranty, yeah right.

Post by Eric Knight Holbrook » Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:48 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Ted Palmer wrote:
> Eric Knight Holbrook wrote: > [...] > > Found out later when I went back for servcing that the > > next owner of the Honda broke his leg kickstarting it (had a
wicked
> > backlash). I vowed never to get another Honda as long as I rode. > > I assume that you have never tried to kickstart a KLR600 with a
failed
> electric starter clutch. > > Mister_T > Melbourne Australia
Ah... nope! :)