[dsn_dr] tradin' the klr! (maybe)

DSN_KLR650
Ted Fulmer

newbie's first impression gets reversed!!!!

Post by Ted Fulmer » Sat Aug 18, 2001 9:45 pm

Ok, earlier this week I posted my (mostly) negative first impression of the klr650 after testing riding one in Conroe, Texas. KLRLista Jim Barthell in nearby Flower Mound, Texas read my note and took it upon himself to "show me the way". He invited me to test ride his bike! I did and I was very quickly won over. Jim's obvious efforts to "perfect" they bike showed, as his bike ( which was 2 years older, but only 2,000 miles more on the odo ) was what I was hoping to find - a bigger, better, newer bike than my departed nx250. And then Jim quoted me a price that would convince him to sign the title over to me. Very cool! I slept on the offer and then emailed him to find that title because this was gonna happen. We met Friday night and exchanged dollars for hardware. Consider me to be one convinced newbie. ===== Ted Fulmer Optimizing the balance between employment and motorcycle riding since 2/96. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

RichardM

newbie's first impression gets reversed!!!!

Post by RichardM » Sun Aug 19, 2001 4:17 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Ted Fulmer wrote:
>I did and I was very quickly won over. Jim's obvious efforts >to "perfect" they bike showed,
What's been done to the bike that made it so much better for you? I'm curious... RM

Miata Myk

[dsn_dr] tradin' the klr! (maybe)

Post by Miata Myk » Sun Aug 19, 2001 5:30 am

Thanks to all who responded to my questions about KLR vs DR. Appreciate the input. I'm leaning toward doing the deal. Will keep you posted. Thanks again, Tom As I'm looking at the KLR650 and the roomate the DR650 (lowered as much as she can get it) what is swaying you toward the DR? We haven't bought either bike yet but will be very shortly. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]