what is the meaning of n in nklr?

Post by hal26@att.net » Thu Aug 09, 2001 2:56 pm

Why is it in every other message?

squidwannabe@hotmail.com

Post by squidwannabe@hotmail.com » Thu Aug 09, 2001 3:12 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., hal26@a... wrote:
> Why is it in every other message?
Negligent. The bad KLR's are contained within.

Swede

Post by Swede » Thu Aug 09, 2001 3:47 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., squidwannabe@h... wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., hal26@a... wrote: > > Why is it in every other message? > > Negligent. The bad KLR's are contained within.
I thought it was: "No reading this if you are easily offended" "Nonsense to pass time" "Needed banter on life issues" "Nuke or be nuked" "New way to make or lose friends" "Nobody understands the words you type" OR "Non" - what Kurt intended. "Swede" - NBS (Not Bogdan Swider)

Mark St.Hilaire, Sr

Post by Mark St.Hilaire, Sr » Thu Aug 09, 2001 3:56 pm

NKLR means Not KLR related, like so many of beirdo's posts... /me ducks. Mark St.Hilaire, Sr A15 My HomePage: http://home.adelphia.net/~msaint/index.html My KLR650 Pages: http://klr6500.tripod.com/ Valve Check & Adjustment Guide: http://klr6500.tripod.com/valves.html

Dan Oaks

Post by Dan Oaks » Thu Aug 09, 2001 5:01 pm

on 8/9/01 8:56 PM, Mark St.Hilaire, Sr at msaint@... wrote:
> NKLR means Not KLR related, like so many of beirdo's posts... /me ducks. > > > Mark St.Hilaire, Sr > A15
I'm not here to write KLR stuff, but to read what the experts have to say. I write NKLR soley for entertainment purposes. Reading writing only KLR stuff can be boring. Keep you finger on the delete button and enjoy yourself. Shit has no life until it is properly stirred. I must say, I take a back seat to some of the shit that has been stirred here lately. -- bierdo

Jonathan Sykes (SWUS)

Post by Jonathan Sykes (SWUS) » Thu Aug 09, 2001 5:06 pm

NO

J. Gregory

oh, sh*t! or the down side of doing it yourself

Post by J. Gregory » Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:29 pm

the . way to drill that bolt is to use a sharp pointed punch . put a dimple as close to center as possible then drill a hole in dimple with a very small drill bit make it as straight down the center of the bolt as you can then drill a slightly larger hole, then drill one the size you need for your extractor. fill hole and bolt area with plenty of -penatrating oil then tap the area lighty with a hammer for a minitute or two (this sets up a vibratiion that will allow the oil to get into the thread area) then use your extractor--this method will work about eighty percent of the time.the important thing is to get the hole as close to center as possible so that the extractor is applying the force in a circle and not on one side or the other. DO NOT get in a hurry you will only break drill bits ar drill in wrong spot or break extractor (on using extractor apply steady pressure) been there done that .more than once Jim Gregory Arkansas -- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Green" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 1:22 AM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: Oh, Sh*t! or The Down Side Of Doing It Yourself
> Drill a hole in the broken bolt and then use one of those reverse > spiral bolt extractors available everywhere. > (do not break the extrator off in the bolt, or ....doom) > Gentle heat might be necessay around the bolt. > You may have to take the head off but you don't need a new head > that's for sure. > You do need to get the best drill bit money can buy, and also need a > straight shot at the broken bolt. It is not possible to do this on an > angle. > > Steve > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., KLR650@h... wrote: > > Well, I really did it this time. 2 week old 2001 KLR650, I decide > to > > do the valves my self. Everything is going fine until I'm screwing > > in the rear cam retainer bolt on the intake side and *SNAP* it > breaks > > off in the cylinder head. > > > > I get a center punch and try to put a dent in this 10.9 bolt - the > > center punch just gets chewed up. I try some drill bits and the > only > > metal that I end up getting a bite on is the head. After a couple > > hours of buggering up the hole I realize that the head needs to be > > removed and put in a drill press to drill into this broken bolt. > > > > I always thought that I was a good mechanic. I know to use the > > correct tool and torque value. I am so ashamed... > > > > My options as I see them are roughly as follows: > > > > 1. Hara Kiri. > > > > 2. Have it towed to the dealer and bend over. Bye-bye warranty. > > > > 3. Remove the head and turn it over to a competent machine shop for > > EDM or drill press or whatever they think is best. I am in favor of > > this one. Anyone know a good machine shop in Houston, TX? > > > > 4. Simply install a new head and wrap the old one in plastic and > bury > > it in the woods. How much is a new head anyway? > > > > Your suggestions are welcome. > > > > Gerret > > A15 "Mj lnir" > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >