(nklr) anyone have alpinestars m4 atv?

DSN_KLR650
Claes Borovac

are you serious?

Post by Claes Borovac » Thu Aug 02, 2001 11:09 am

Are you guys serious about that the french, or the rest of europe should be "grateful" to the us because of WW2? Claes a swede in Dublin.

Miata Myk

are you serious?

Post by Miata Myk » Thu Aug 02, 2001 11:36 am

> Are you guys serious about that the french, or the rest of europe should > be "grateful" to the us because of WW2?
I hope not since most of these people proclaiming the world should be thankful for us weren't even an itch in their parents pants when all this came to be. It's always nice to rest on your achievements but it sure does smell something awful when you try to rest on the achievements of others.. "We invented the..." Oh really? And which patent is your name under? "We achived the..." Good! Let's see your specific name on the team roster! I don't care what color your skin is or where you happened to have been born. You don't exactly have a choice in the matter so let's see what each individual does themselves instead of throwing out flag-waving banter based on what someone else from their country achieved over fifty years ago. -Myk From planet Earth (most of the time)

Kris Christie

are you serious?

Post by Kris Christie » Thu Aug 02, 2001 12:15 pm

So as long as you are not directly involved in something, you do not have the right to be proud? Sounds kind of crazy to me.... Kris KLR250 Dallas, Texas -----Original Message----- From: Miata Myk [mailto:miatamyk@...] Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 11:39 AM To: KLR 650 Group Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] are you serious?
> Are you guys serious about that the french, or the rest of europe should > be "grateful" to the us because of WW2?
I hope not since most of these people proclaiming the world should be thankful for us weren't even an itch in their parents pants when all this came to be. It's always nice to rest on your achievements but it sure does smell something awful when you try to rest on the achievements of others.. "We invented the..." Oh really? And which patent is your name under? "We achived the..." Good! Let's see your specific name on the team roster! I don't care what color your skin is or where you happened to have been born. You don't exactly have a choice in the matter so let's see what each individual does themselves instead of throwing out flag-waving banter based on what someone else from their country achieved over fifty years ago. -Myk From planet Earth (most of the time) Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: http://www.dualsportnews.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

brettonwolfgang@hotmail.com

are you serious?

Post by brettonwolfgang@hotmail.com » Thu Aug 02, 2001 2:22 pm

I have no problem putting it in blunt terms. My country, The U.S.A. came to town and kicked the living shit out of the Germans. My counry also kicked the dog shit out of the bastard Japanese. They had it coming, Europe couldnt deliver it, so we took it to them. Yes, Europe should be grateful. You bastards. Bretton Wolfgang, An American in America PS: You Bastards.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Claes Borovac" wrote: > Are you guys serious about that the french, or the rest of europe should > be "grateful" to the us because of WW2? > > Claes a swede in Dublin.

Claes Borovac

are you serious?

Post by Claes Borovac » Thu Aug 02, 2001 2:25 pm

Now, again, are you serious or very ironic? I do not know. Claes. -----Original Message----- From: brettonwolfgang@... [mailto:brettonwolfgang@...] Sent: 02 August 2001 20:22 To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: are you serious? I have no problem putting it in blunt terms. My country, The U.S.A. came to town and kicked the living shit out of the Germans. My counry also kicked the dog shit out of the bastard Japanese. They had it coming, Europe couldnt deliver it, so we took it to them. Yes, Europe should be grateful. You bastards. Bretton Wolfgang, An American in America PS: You Bastards.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Claes Borovac" wrote: > Are you guys serious about that the french, or the rest of europe should > be "grateful" to the us because of WW2? > > Claes a swede in Dublin. Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: http://www.dualsportnews.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

elcapitanuno31@hotmail.com

are you serious?

Post by elcapitanuno31@hotmail.com » Thu Aug 02, 2001 4:08 pm

this thread has evolved from concern for the violation one's personal privacy to a loathsome and very entertaining assault on all things french to a swashbuckling display of american pride....are we still all motorcyclists? ...as many have gone forward with their own opinions and voiced them freely, I would like to comment on the topics raised thus far...being of Irish decent, though prodigy of immigrants who came to this country via latin america- and holding both a US and Irish passport, in addition to having spent a number of my years living in Spain and Latin America (what a mouthfull!) I am at times very confused by the concepts of Nationalism and Pride that have been floating around this list. First let me state that I feel strongly that National pride (or dare I say CULTURAL pride) is extremely important. Individuals make up the greater whole of a country. HOWEVER let us not forget that every incident of genocide or ethnic cleansing that our world has bore witness to, has been justified by Nationalism. It is not without reason that the United States is perceived negatively by many outside the U.S. Our foreign policies- which to those of us who vote in support of or opposition to- are just policies, but for many they translate into things like: restricted access to necessities, loss of family memebers, support of regimes that persecute and "dissappear" innocent civilians, etc. etc. etc. I once met a woman in Nicaragua who described in great detail finding the mutilated body of her 18 year-old daughter on her stoop during the Contra War. Regardless of idealogies her daughter was killed by U.S. Tax dollars- I was very ashamed. The United States involvement in foreign wars from WWII to date has often been motivated by the economic interests of this country, not the "Saving Europe's Ass" or "Liberating the Panamanians" or any other altruistic bullshit our Media has spun it into. We entered WWII because U.S. security was threatened. We attacked Iraq because Saddam Hussein would have posed a serious threat to our Economy if he had successfully taken control of the Oil wells along the northern border of Kuwait. This was not a war of Ethics as the media depicted it- far from it, we demonized Hussein much in the same way we demonized Noriega and we demonize Castro. I don't mean to elevate these leaders out of the toilet hole they belong in, but rather point out that we had no qualms with Hussein gassing the Kurds with mustard gas throughout the '80s (gas that we sold him, mind you) as long as he maintained a strong defence against the Iron Curtain. It is my opinion that we lead Hussein into the gulf war, enticed him into believing that we would do nothing if he were to invade Kuwait. Many may recall the last diplomatic summit prior to the invasion of Kuwait in which April Gilaspy (sp?), Secretary to the embassador told Hussein: "(The United States) takes no issue with your Arab-Arab disputes, what is of concern is the national security of Israel." One week later the U.S. ceased arms sales to Iraq. Two weeks later we invaded with our "Smart Bombs" and SCUDs that couldn't hit a barn at 10 yards. Why did we do this? What was our motivation? There are many possible answers, I would not exclude the unifying effect a War can have on a nation. Let us not forget that public support for our president at the time was at an all time low.... So I ramble...my issue is with the concept of Nationalism when it means a denial of the wrongs it has caused. I am about embark on a several month voyage through the thin waistine of the Americas on my KLR....as Ted Simon says in his wonderful book "Jupiter's Travels," to really know this world, we must crawl through it, feel it between our toes. The greatest lessons I've learned in my life I've learned on the road, listening to the people I meet. To espouse an arrogant and xenophobic sense of national pride, blinds you to the lessons of others. El Capitan -- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Claes Borovac" wrote:
> Now, again, are you serious or very ironic? I do not know. > > Claes. > > -----Original Message----- > From: brettonwolfgang@h... [mailto:brettonwolfgang@h...] > Sent: 02 August 2001 20:22 > To: DSN_klr650@y... > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: are you serious? > > > I have no problem putting it in blunt terms. > My country, The U.S.A. came to town and kicked the living shit out
of
> the Germans. My counry also kicked the dog shit out of the bastard > Japanese. They had it coming, Europe couldnt deliver it, so we took > it to them. > > Yes, Europe should be grateful. > > You bastards. > > Bretton Wolfgang, An American in America > > PS: You Bastards. > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Claes Borovac" wrote: > > Are you guys serious about that the french, or the rest of europe > should > > be "grateful" to the us because of WW2? > > > > Claes a swede in Dublin. > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@y... > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@y... > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@y... > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@y... > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

are you serious?

Post by brettonwolfgang@hotmail.com » Thu Aug 02, 2001 5:51 pm

You need to get laid. You need to ride more. I for one could give a rats ass about your mumbling opinion. Go join the Elks club or something.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., elcapitanuno31@h... wrote: > this thread has evolved from concern for the violation one's personal > privacy to a loathsome and very entertaining assault on all things > french to a swashbuckling display of american pride....are we still > all motorcyclists? > > ...as many have gone forward with their own opinions and voiced them > freely, I would like to comment on the topics raised thus far...being > of Irish decent, though prodigy of immigrants who came to this > country via latin america- and holding both a US and Irish passport, > in addition to having spent a number of my years living in Spain and > Latin America (what a mouthfull!) I am at times very confused by the > concepts of Nationalism and Pride that have been floating around this > list. > > First let me state that I feel strongly that National pride (or dare > I say CULTURAL pride) is extremely important. Individuals make up > the greater whole of a country. HOWEVER let us not forget that every > incident of genocide or ethnic cleansing that our world has bore > witness to, has been justified by Nationalism. It is not without > reason that the United States is perceived negatively by many outside > the U.S. Our foreign policies- which to those of us who vote in > support of or opposition to- are just policies, but for many they > translate into things like: restricted access to necessities, loss of > family memebers, support of regimes that persecute and "dissappear" > innocent civilians, etc. etc. etc. I once met a woman in Nicaragua > who described in great detail finding the mutilated body of her 18 > year-old daughter on her stoop during the Contra War. Regardless of > idealogies her daughter was killed by U.S. Tax dollars- I was very > ashamed. > > The United States involvement in foreign wars from WWII to date has > often been motivated by the economic interests of this country, not > the "Saving Europe's Ass" or "Liberating the Panamanians" or any > other altruistic bullshit our Media has spun it into. We entered > WWII because U.S. security was threatened. We attacked Iraq because > Saddam Hussein would have posed a serious threat to our Economy if he > had successfully taken control of the Oil wells along the northern > border of Kuwait. This was not a war of Ethics as the media depicted > it- far from it, we demonized Hussein much in the same way we > demonized Noriega and we demonize Castro. I don't mean to elevate > these leaders out of the toilet hole they belong in, but rather point > out that we had no qualms with Hussein gassing the Kurds with mustard > gas throughout the '80s (gas that we sold him, mind you) as long as > he maintained a strong defence against the Iron Curtain. It is my > opinion that we lead Hussein into the gulf war, enticed him into > believing that we would do nothing if he were to invade Kuwait. Many > may recall the last diplomatic summit prior to the invasion of Kuwait > in which April Gilaspy (sp?), Secretary to the embassador told > Hussein: > "(The United States) takes no issue with your Arab-Arab disputes, > what is of concern is the national security of Israel." One week > later the U.S. ceased arms sales to Iraq. Two weeks later we invaded > with our "Smart Bombs" and SCUDs that couldn't hit a barn at 10 yards. > > Why did we do this? What was our motivation? There are many possible > answers, I would not exclude the unifying effect a War can have on a > nation. Let us not forget that public support for our president at > the time was at an all time low.... > > So I ramble...my issue is with the concept of Nationalism when it > means a denial of the wrongs it has caused. I am about embark on a > several month voyage through the thin waistine of the Americas on my > KLR....as Ted Simon says in his wonderful book "Jupiter's Travels," > to really know this world, we must crawl through it, feel it between > our toes. The greatest lessons I've learned in my life I've learned > on the road, listening to the people I meet. To espouse an arrogant > and xenophobic sense of national pride, blinds you to the lessons of > others. > > El Capitan > > > -- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Claes Borovac" wrote: > > Now, again, are you serious or very ironic? I do not know. > > > > Claes. > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: brettonwolfgang@h... [mailto:brettonwolfgang@h...] > > Sent: 02 August 2001 20:22 > > To: DSN_klr650@y... > > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: are you serious? > > > > > > I have no problem putting it in blunt terms. > > My country, The U.S.A. came to town and kicked the living shit out > of > > the Germans. My counry also kicked the dog shit out of the bastard > > Japanese. They had it coming, Europe couldnt deliver it, so we took > > it to them. > > > > Yes, Europe should be grateful. > > > > You bastards. > > > > Bretton Wolfgang, An American in America > > > > PS: You Bastards. > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Claes Borovac" wrote: > > > Are you guys serious about that the french, or the rest of europe > > should > > > be "grateful" to the us because of WW2? > > > > > > Claes a swede in Dublin. > > > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > > > Post message: DSN_klr650@y... > > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@y... > > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@y... > > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@y... > > > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

elcapitanuno31@hotmail.com

are you serious?

Post by elcapitanuno31@hotmail.com » Thu Aug 02, 2001 6:15 pm

meant to reply to the list....I get laid plenty, ride every day and I hardly expect everyone to agree with me, but isn't one of the great things about our country that we can have different opinions and not end up summarily executed? Quite clearly you do give a rats ass about my opinion, or else you wouldn't have taken the time to respond. El Capitan - In DSN_klr650@y..., brettonwolfgang@h... wrote:
> You need to get laid. You need to ride more. > I for one could give a rats ass about your mumbling opinion. > > Go join the Elks club or something. > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., elcapitanuno31@h... wrote: > > this thread has evolved from concern for the violation one's > personal > > privacy to a loathsome and very entertaining assault on all
things
> > french to a swashbuckling display of american pride....are we
still
> > all motorcyclists? > > > > ...as many have gone forward with their own opinions and voiced > them > > freely, I would like to comment on the topics raised thus > far...being > > of Irish decent, though prodigy of immigrants who came to this > > country via latin america- and holding both a US and Irish > passport, > > in addition to having spent a number of my years living in Spain > and > > Latin America (what a mouthfull!) I am at times very confused by > the > > concepts of Nationalism and Pride that have been floating around > this > > list. > > > > First let me state that I feel strongly that National pride (or > dare > > I say CULTURAL pride) is extremely important. Individuals make
up
> > the greater whole of a country. HOWEVER let us not forget that > every > > incident of genocide or ethnic cleansing that our world has bore > > witness to, has been justified by Nationalism. It is not without > > reason that the United States is perceived negatively by many > outside > > the U.S. Our foreign policies- which to those of us who vote in > > support of or opposition to- are just policies, but for many they > > translate into things like: restricted access to necessities,
loss
> of > > family memebers, support of regimes that persecute
and "dissappear"
> > innocent civilians, etc. etc. etc. I once met a woman in
Nicaragua
> > who described in great detail finding the mutilated body of her
> > year-old daughter on her stoop during the Contra War. Regardless > of > > idealogies her daughter was killed by U.S. Tax dollars- I was
very
> > ashamed. > > > > The United States involvement in foreign wars from WWII to date
has
> > often been motivated by the economic interests of this country,
not
> > the "Saving Europe's Ass" or "Liberating the Panamanians" or any > > other altruistic bullshit our Media has spun it into. We entered > > WWII because U.S. security was threatened. We attacked Iraq > because > > Saddam Hussein would have posed a serious threat to our Economy
if
> he > > had successfully taken control of the Oil wells along the
northern
> > border of Kuwait. This was not a war of Ethics as the media > depicted > > it- far from it, we demonized Hussein much in the same way we > > demonized Noriega and we demonize Castro. I don't mean to
elevate
> > these leaders out of the toilet hole they belong in, but rather > point > > out that we had no qualms with Hussein gassing the Kurds with > mustard > > gas throughout the '80s (gas that we sold him, mind you) as long
as
> > he maintained a strong defence against the Iron Curtain. It is my > > opinion that we lead Hussein into the gulf war, enticed him into > > believing that we would do nothing if he were to invade Kuwait. > Many > > may recall the last diplomatic summit prior to the invasion of > Kuwait > > in which April Gilaspy (sp?), Secretary to the embassador told > > Hussein: > > "(The United States) takes no issue with your Arab-Arab disputes, > > what is of concern is the national security of Israel." One week > > later the U.S. ceased arms sales to Iraq. Two weeks later we > invaded > > with our "Smart Bombs" and SCUDs that couldn't hit a barn at 10 > yards. > > > > Why did we do this? What was our motivation? There are many > possible > > answers, I would not exclude the unifying effect a War can have
on
> a > > nation. Let us not forget that public support for our president
at
> > the time was at an all time low.... > > > > So I ramble...my issue is with the concept of Nationalism when it > > means a denial of the wrongs it has caused. I am about embark on
a
> > several month voyage through the thin waistine of the Americas on > my > > KLR....as Ted Simon says in his wonderful book "Jupiter's
Travels,"
> > to really know this world, we must crawl through it, feel it > between > > our toes. The greatest lessons I've learned in my life I've > learned > > on the road, listening to the people I meet. To espouse an > arrogant > > and xenophobic sense of national pride, blinds you to the lessons > of > > others. > > > > El Capitan > > > > > > -- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Claes Borovac" wrote: > > > Now, again, are you serious or very ironic? I do not know. > > > > > > Claes. > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > From: brettonwolfgang@h... [mailto:brettonwolfgang@h...] > > > Sent: 02 August 2001 20:22 > > > To: DSN_klr650@y... > > > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: are you serious? > > > > > > > > > I have no problem putting it in blunt terms. > > > My country, The U.S.A. came to town and kicked the living shit > out > > of > > > the Germans. My counry also kicked the dog shit out of the > bastard > > > Japanese. They had it coming, Europe couldnt deliver it, so we > took > > > it to them. > > > > > > Yes, Europe should be grateful. > > > > > > You bastards. > > > > > > Bretton Wolfgang, An American in America > > > > > > PS: You Bastards. > > > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Claes Borovac" wrote: > > > > Are you guys serious about that the french, or the rest of > europe > > > should > > > > be "grateful" to the us because of WW2? > > > > > > > > Claes a swede in Dublin. > > > > > > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > > > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > > > > > Post message: DSN_klr650@y... > > > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@y... > > > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@y... > > > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@y... > > > > > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > > > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Miata Myk

are you serious?

Post by Miata Myk » Thu Aug 02, 2001 8:19 pm

> I have no problem putting it in blunt terms. > My country, The U.S.A. came to town and kicked the living shit out of > the Germans. My counry also kicked the dog shit out of the bastard > Japanese. They had it coming, Europe couldnt deliver it, so we took > it to them. > > Yes, Europe should be grateful. > > You bastards. > > Bretton Wolfgang, An American in America > > PS: You Bastards.
Bit too much Southpark perchance???

are you serious?

Post by brettonwolfgang@hotmail.com » Thu Aug 02, 2001 9:40 pm

Secretly, I long for those long walks we used to take on the beach. Where did the time go ? Where did we go wrong. Of course I care. Can you call in sick tommorow ?
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., elcapitanuno31@h... wrote: > meant to reply to the list....I get laid plenty, ride every day and I > hardly expect everyone to agree with me, but isn't one of the great > things about our country that we can have different opinions and not > end up summarily executed? > > Quite clearly you do give a rats ass about my opinion, or else you > wouldn't have taken the time to respond. > > El Capitan > > - In DSN_klr650@y..., brettonwolfgang@h... wrote: > > You need to get laid. You need to ride more. > > I for one could give a rats ass about your mumbling opinion. > > > > Go join the Elks club or something. > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., elcapitanuno31@h... wrote: > > > this thread has evolved from concern for the violation one's > > personal > > > privacy to a loathsome and very entertaining assault on all > things > > > french to a swashbuckling display of american pride....are we > still > > > all motorcyclists? > > > > > > ...as many have gone forward with their own opinions and voiced > > them > > > freely, I would like to comment on the topics raised thus > > far...being > > > of Irish decent, though prodigy of immigrants who came to this > > > country via latin america- and holding both a US and Irish > > passport, > > > in addition to having spent a number of my years living in Spain > > and > > > Latin America (what a mouthfull!) I am at times very confused by > > the > > > concepts of Nationalism and Pride that have been floating around > > this > > > list. > > > > > > First let me state that I feel strongly that National pride (or > > dare > > > I say CULTURAL pride) is extremely important. Individuals make > up > > > the greater whole of a country. HOWEVER let us not forget that > > every > > > incident of genocide or ethnic cleansing that our world has bore > > > witness to, has been justified by Nationalism. It is not without > > > reason that the United States is perceived negatively by many > > outside > > > the U.S. Our foreign policies- which to those of us who vote in > > > support of or opposition to- are just policies, but for many they > > > translate into things like: restricted access to necessities, > loss > > of > > > family memebers, support of regimes that persecute > and "dissappear" > > > innocent civilians, etc. etc. etc. I once met a woman in > Nicaragua > > > who described in great detail finding the mutilated body of her > 18 > > > year-old daughter on her stoop during the Contra War. Regardless > > of > > > idealogies her daughter was killed by U.S. Tax dollars- I was > very > > > ashamed. > > > > > > The United States involvement in foreign wars from WWII to date > has > > > often been motivated by the economic interests of this country, > not > > > the "Saving Europe's Ass" or "Liberating the Panamanians" or any > > > other altruistic bullshit our Media has spun it into. We entered > > > WWII because U.S. security was threatened. We attacked Iraq > > because > > > Saddam Hussein would have posed a serious threat to our Economy > if > > he > > > had successfully taken control of the Oil wells along the > northern > > > border of Kuwait. This was not a war of Ethics as the media > > depicted > > > it- far from it, we demonized Hussein much in the same way we > > > demonized Noriega and we demonize Castro. I don't mean to > elevate > > > these leaders out of the toilet hole they belong in, but rather > > point > > > out that we had no qualms with Hussein gassing the Kurds with > > mustard > > > gas throughout the '80s (gas that we sold him, mind you) as long > as > > > he maintained a strong defence against the Iron Curtain. It is my > > > opinion that we lead Hussein into the gulf war, enticed him into > > > believing that we would do nothing if he were to invade Kuwait. > > Many > > > may recall the last diplomatic summit prior to the invasion of > > Kuwait > > > in which April Gilaspy (sp?), Secretary to the embassador told > > > Hussein: > > > "(The United States) takes no issue with your Arab-Arab disputes, > > > what is of concern is the national security of Israel." One week > > > later the U.S. ceased arms sales to Iraq. Two weeks later we > > invaded > > > with our "Smart Bombs" and SCUDs that couldn't hit a barn at 10 > > yards. > > > > > > Why did we do this? What was our motivation? There are many > > possible > > > answers, I would not exclude the unifying effect a War can have > on > > a > > > nation. Let us not forget that public support for our president > at > > > the time was at an all time low.... > > > > > > So I ramble...my issue is with the concept of Nationalism when it > > > means a denial of the wrongs it has caused. I am about embark on > a > > > several month voyage through the thin waistine of the Americas on > > my > > > KLR....as Ted Simon says in his wonderful book "Jupiter's > Travels," > > > to really know this world, we must crawl through it, feel it > > between > > > our toes. The greatest lessons I've learned in my life I've > > learned > > > on the road, listening to the people I meet. To espouse an > > arrogant > > > and xenophobic sense of national pride, blinds you to the lessons > > of > > > others. > > > > > > El Capitan > > > > > > > > > -- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Claes Borovac" wrote: > > > > Now, again, are you serious or very ironic? I do not know. > > > > > > > > Claes. > > > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > > From: brettonwolfgang@h... [mailto:brettonwolfgang@h...] > > > > Sent: 02 August 2001 20:22 > > > > To: DSN_klr650@y... > > > > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: are you serious? > > > > > > > > > > > > I have no problem putting it in blunt terms. > > > > My country, The U.S.A. came to town and kicked the living shit > > out > > > of > > > > the Germans. My counry also kicked the dog shit out of the > > bastard > > > > Japanese. They had it coming, Europe couldnt deliver it, so we > > took > > > > it to them. > > > > > > > > Yes, Europe should be grateful. > > > > > > > > You bastards. > > > > > > > > Bretton Wolfgang, An American in America > > > > > > > > PS: You Bastards. > > > > > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Claes Borovac" wrote: > > > > > Are you guys serious about that the french, or the rest of > > europe > > > > should > > > > > be "grateful" to the us because of WW2? > > > > > > > > > > Claes a swede in Dublin. > > > > > > > > > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > > > > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > > > > > > > Post message: DSN_klr650@y... > > > > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@y... > > > > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@y... > > > > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@y... > > > > > > > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > > > > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/