iridium spark plugs nklr

DSN_KLR650
Dan Oaks

new to list nklr

Post by Dan Oaks » Sat Jun 02, 2001 10:12 pm

monahanwb@... wrote:
> . . . I am just a dumbass KLR rider, and don't know > nothing for certain. But I think so . . . >
We resemble that remark! -- bierdo

Charlie Thompson

new to list nklr

Post by Charlie Thompson » Tue Jul 10, 2001 3:17 pm

Hello everyone. I have been lurking for a while. I was looking for a KLR of my own, but had to sell a couple of other bikes before the better 1/3 would let me get one. I should not say "let", because I do where the pants in the family ;) But if mamma ain't happy... Anyway, while looking around I came across "too good to refuse" deal on an 2000 Aprilia Pegaso Cube 650. So much for dreams of a KLR. So I am dual sporting Italian style. Well in the first week of ownership I rode 1,000 miles and absolutely love the bike. I did a some dirt road and easy trail riding. When it comes to the trailing I will probably regret my decision. But on the 90+% street riding I will probably be pleased with my decision. I am already very envious of you KLR aftermarket support. I am looking forward to doing some thumping in the Denver front range area. I noticed a few mentions of Colorado in past messages. Anybody want to go riding? I think I keep up with you guys most of the time. Any other Peg owners on the list? The Peg list is mostly made of Europeans and Aussies. Nothing wrong with that, just hard to get together to go riding. I subscribed to DNS last week via paypal. I never heard back. Is it still a viable publication? Thanks for letting me blabber on. Charlie T. Parker, CO

Swede

iridium spark plugs nklr

Post by Swede » Tue Jul 10, 2001 6:03 pm

The REALLY cool thing about these is that you don't need that hap hazard coil and plug wire anymore. They operate off of a digital satellite phone signal bounced off of the geosynchronous Concom 4 communications satellite from their headquarters in Kremlin,OK. You should never have to change plugs or timing again. Isn't modern technology grand? "Swede"
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., thesquasher@h... wrote: > Denso "ND" makes a new Iridium spark plug. Their website says this > metal comes from outer space (WOW!!!) and is in the Gulf of Mexico > (another WOW). Anyway for 4 times the cost of a standard plug you can > get 1 of these. They even show a horsepower graph of a Harley > Davidson 108 ci (not stock) motorcycle that gets gobs of more power > with these plugs. think I'll wait till Split Fire comes out with an > Iridium plug for 8 times the cost of a standard one before I try one.