[dsn_dr] bad riding style or wrong suspension setup?

DSN_KLR650
Miata Myk

[dsn_dr] bad riding style or wrong suspension setup?

Post by Miata Myk » Sun Jul 08, 2001 3:51 pm

> I am wondering if this is a problem of my riding style or if I have not
adjusted my suspension properly:
> If I ride (with my DR650SE) a 'wavy' section (going up and down about 2 or
3 foot, with a distance between the peaks of around 5 yards) at constant speed, my real end has the tendency to come up
> and jump (higher than the front end), what is quite uncomfortable. Moving
backwards on the bike does not help much, only opening the throttle at the right moment makes it a bit better (the problem
> is that I am going faster and faster ;-) > Is it my fault, do I need more rebound dampening at the rear shock or less
rebound dampening at the fork, or anything else? Sounds more like the rear compression is set a bit high or at least a good bit higher than the front. It's not letting it squish down and absorb the tops where the front end is, hence it's tendancy to buck like a horse. Soften the compression a bit in the rear and/or stiffen up the front and try again. Should notice a difference.

Hubbard738@aol.com

compressed air in forks

Post by Hubbard738@aol.com » Sun Jul 08, 2001 4:06 pm

I have a Honda XR-200 and the owners manual says to put between 0-15 psi in the front forks to adjust the stiffness. But the owners manual on my A15 says not to adjust with compressed air. Then why does it have schrader valves on top of the fork tubes,if its not to put air in are out ? I would like to stiffen the forks some but I'm not sure about adding air.Has anyone added air to there forks and did it work? Thanks, Hubbard738