moose bash plate in canada?

DSN_KLR650
Don Detloff

[nklr] spring cleaning

Post by Don Detloff » Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:26 pm

No, this does not refer to cleaning the bike's suspension. I was doing some spring cleaning in my garage when I discovered enough room for another bike, sooooooooo ... Actually the above statement is not quite right. What actually happened is last Saturday I went to the open house at Triumph Detroit. The Triumph factory had their truck there loaded with a bunch of new bikes available for test rides. I have been eyeballing a Sprint RS at the shop for the past year but didn't have anywhere to keep it. Well, I took another Sprint RS out for a spin. As soon as I got back, I talked with the owner of Triumph Detroit (Paul Lasko). He did a great Godfather impersonation and "offered me a deal I could not refuse." Being an old Triumph guy, (I bought a new '65 Bonneville while I was still in High School), I bought the RS in the showroom. Now I have to do some spring cleaning in the garage to gain enough room for the new addition. Ya gotta admit it's a good incentive to pitch a bunch of crap I haven't used in years. Don Detloff Fair Haven, MI '00 KLR650 '00 Triumph Sprint RS (arriving this Friday)

monahanwb@yahoo.com

[nklr] spring cleaning

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:33 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Don Detloff" wrote:
> > I have been eyeballing a Sprint RS at the shop for the past year
but another Sprint RS offered me a deal I could not
> refuse."
I rode one of those about a year ago for a thirty mile spin, and liked it a lot. I would have to get a great deal on one to actually purchase it, though, that's just how I am. Bill (wears $2.00 shirts from the salvation army to the office)

InWoods13@aol.com

[nklr] spring cleaning

Post by InWoods13@aol.com » Tue Jun 19, 2001 5:29 pm

In a message dated 6/19/01 5:13:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ddetloff@... writes: > Congrats Don! From what I've heard of the RS, it will continue to infatuate you for a good long time. The Suzuki dealer that I bought the Bandit from carries Triumph & Ducati. Having spent some time there I got to gawk at & sit on the RS, beautiful bike..felt comfy too. They had an 01 jet black Tiger there with the 955 motor. Dualsport looking streetbike, but gorgeous. Scott A14 "thunderdog" 01 B12 El Bandito Grande "MySuperbike" ZRX11's beware :) Sorrento, Fl

Mike Reaves

[nklr] spring cleaning

Post by Mike Reaves » Tue Jun 19, 2001 5:49 pm

Is this something I should be doing? I can't find cleaning springs in the main chart. How often do you clean your springs? Do you use synthetic cleaner or just a good dose of 409?
>>> 6/19/2001 3:29:38 PM >>>
In a message dated 6/19/01 5:13:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ddetloff@... writes: > Congrats Don! From what I've heard of the RS, it will continue to infatuate you for a good long time. The Suzuki dealer that I bought the Bandit from carries Triumph & Ducati. Having spent some time there I got to gawk at & sit on the RS, beautiful bike..felt comfy too. They had an 01 jet black Tiger there with the 955 motor. Dualsport looking streetbike, but gorgeous. Scott A14 "thunderdog" 01 B12 El Bandito Grande "MySuperbike" ZRX11's beware :) Sorrento, Fl Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: http://www.dualsportnews.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

InWoods13@aol.com

[nklr] spring cleaning

Post by InWoods13@aol.com » Tue Jun 19, 2001 6:28 pm

Don did mention that he wasn't going to be addressing the cleaning of the KLR springs at this time. I'll say that I usually just disassemble the rear end & toss the spring in the dishwasher....but stay away from "sunlight" brand dishwashing detergent as I understand that over time, it eats away at the layers of clearcoat that we've all applied to our springs. Then again, this could add up to a weight savings...is the rear spring unsprung weight? I donno, but it's time for supper. In a message dated 6/19/01 6:58:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mreaves@... writes: >>> 6/19/2001 3:29:38 PM >>>
In a message dated 6/19/01 5:13:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ddetloff@... writes: > Congrats Don! From what I've heard of the RS, it will continue to infatuate you for a good long time. >>