looking for thoughts on a oddball 2000 i found...

DSN_KLR650
eric & amy blissmer

new klr, rampart--new fan?

Post by eric & amy blissmer » Sat Jun 09, 2001 5:52 pm

Well, I suppose you will all snicker and call me an idiot, but does anyone happen to have an extra plastic fan? I was riding Rampart Range Road today with Ed L, and Chris; and I got a bit too close to the loose gravel and ditch on the right side of the road-- SUCKED me right down into it like a vacuum! How come nobody said to stay away from ditches?? :) Lesson #4 (and counting) Nothing major- bent radiator and a couple scratches, bent shifter, and a very sore knee. The fan shroud bent (almost punctured radiator) and stopped the fan from turning, so the motor melted the fan by spinning. Still had a great time riding the rest of the way and fired off 100 rounds or so with the .30 carbine. If you have a plastic fan laying around, please email me; otherwise i will have to order it. I think i got the shroud back in a circle; i just hope it will bolt back on the bent radiator. Breaking in the new KLR well, Ive had it 30 hours! Take care, Eric.

Tengai650

Post by Tengai650 » Sat Jun 09, 2001 6:16 pm

At 4:56 PM -0600 6/9/01, eric & amy blissmer wrote:
>The fan shroud bent (almost punctured radiator) and stopped the fan from >turning, >so the motor melted the fan by spinning.
You can fix this very easily with epoxy.
>Still had a great time riding the rest of the way and fired off 100 rounds >or so with the .30 carbine.
While you were moving?
>Breaking in the new KLR well, Ive had it 30 hours!
Breaking in or just breaking? Mark B2 A2 A3

308nato@one.net

looking for thoughts on a oddball 2000 i found...

Post by 308nato@one.net » Sat Jun 09, 2001 7:34 pm

Found a 2000 KLR 650 locally with the following goodies: 6500 miles Acerbis Handguards (aluminum bark busters w/ the plastic covers) New, or almost new Avon Gripsters Kawasaki Saddlebags (w/ the top carrier) Aftermarket Skidplate Throttle Lock Complete 2d set of new plastic (fenders, seat, etc.) Asking $3500... BUT... It has stickers on the tank indicating 'premium fuel only', as well as sticky from lettering on the front fender stating 'max psi 35'. Based on that, I strongly suspect that it was used either in military testing, or was used in a rental fleet (if that's possible). I've not ridden it yet; a buddy spotted it and claims that it rides 'great'... Thoughts?

eric & amy blissmer

Post by eric & amy blissmer » Sat Jun 09, 2001 7:38 pm

maybe ill give the epoxy thing a try before i waste money on a new one. The things useless unless im sitting still anyways. I wasnt shooting while i was moving, never thought of that either- They have an outdoor range (free). Thanks for the ideas Eric At 4:56 PM -0600 6/9/01, eric & amy blissmer wrote:
>The fan shroud bent (almost punctured radiator) and stopped the fan from >turning, so the motor melted the fan by spinning.
You can fix this very easily with epoxy.
>Still had a great time riding the rest of the way and fired off 100 rounds >or so with the .30 carbine.
While you were moving?
>Breaking in the new KLR well, Ive had it 30 hours!
Breaking in or just breaking? Mark B2 A2 A3