air box mod - new way? reversable! / aftermarket exhausts.

DSN_KLR650
Nate.DePauw@kmc-usa.com

nate depauw/kmc-usa is out of the office.

Post by Nate.DePauw@kmc-usa.com » Mon Jul 31, 2000 5:17 am

I will be out of the office from 07/31/2000 until 08/07/2000. I will respond to your e-mail when I return

Nate.DePauw@kmc-usa.com

Post by Nate.DePauw@kmc-usa.com » Fri Jun 08, 2001 4:54 am

I will be out of the office from 06/08/2001 until 06/12/2001. I will respond to your message when I return.

Don Detloff

Post by Don Detloff » Fri Jun 08, 2001 6:21 am

Well, shit! I might as well go home. Don Detloff Fair Haven, MI A14
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Nate.DePauw@k... wrote: > > > I will be out of the office from 06/08/2001 until 06/12/2001. > > I will respond to your message when I return.

Zachariah Mully

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Jun 08, 2001 8:41 am

What I want to know is if BigK is monitoring this list, when are they going fscking take our advice and do the necessary upgrades? I would love to see the 2002 with C-series front end and possibily a V-twin KLV (or something). Damn it. Bastards probably doing it just to spite us ;) ------------------ Zack Banana Republic of Washington, DC KLR650A5 "Buster" ZG1000A1 1966 Vespa 125 COG #4664 -----Original Message----- From: Nate.DePauw@... [mailto:Nate.DePauw@...] Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 5:55 AM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Nate DePauw/Kmc-Usa is out of the office. I will be out of the office from 06/08/2001 until 06/12/2001. I will respond to your message when I return.

ED

Post by ED » Fri Jun 08, 2001 11:10 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Zachariah Mully" wrote:
> > What I want to know is if BigK is monitoring this list, when
are they
> going fscking take our advice and do the necessary upgrades? I would > love to see the 2002 with C-series front end and possibily a V-twin
KLV
> (or something). Damn it. Bastards probably doing it just to spite
us ;)
> > ------------------ > Zack > Banana Republic of Washington, DC > KLR650A5 "Buster" > ZG1000A1 > 1966 Vespa 125 > COG #4664
Be careful what you ask for. Many of the positive attributes of the KLR have to do with its lack of major design changes over the years. It's relatively low tech and cheap. Start in with major design changes and upgrades, and you're likely to have a much more expensive, complex, heavier bike. In other words, it won't be a KLR. It might be a great bike, but it wouldn't be the cheap, do it all that you all know and love. :^) Ed Duvall, WA

Zachariah Mully

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Jun 08, 2001 11:57 am

Ed- My gripe is with the front end of the damned beast... You've got the benefit of your KLX's dual-pot calipers and larger disk, as well as nifty 45mm USD forks. The C-series would be a somewhat trivial upgrade to the A-series, though Rich Kickbush would be expert on the conversion. I mean, geez, they've got the small tanked C-series with better front suspenders and brakes and the nice supertanker US A-series... If they were smart they would slap the C-series front forks on the A's and I would be happy for another 18 years of no changes. I am sure that everyone else in the world would love to benefit from the A's big ass tank. But knowing BigK, they won't do it... I would be willing to spend another $500-$1000 for a better front end on the bike, considering that a MAP kit costs $400, SS lines another $75-100, galfer pads $40, fork brace $250... ------------------ Zack Banana Republic of Washington, DC KLR650A5 "Buster" ZG1000A1 1966 Vespa 125 COG #4664
>Be careful what you ask for. Many of the positive attributes of the >KLR have to do with its lack of major design changes over the years. >It's relatively low tech and cheap. Start in with major design >changes and upgrades, and you're likely to have a much more >expensive, complex, heavier bike. In other words, it won't be a KLR. >It might be a great bike, but it wouldn't be the cheap, do it all >that you all know and love. :^) >Ed >Duvall, WA

IronJungle@Hotmail.com

Post by IronJungle@Hotmail.com » Fri Jun 08, 2001 12:14 pm

It looks like BigK may have just made a small mistake. They have exposed that at least *one* employee knows/reads the list. We also have his email; and a contact line in. Let all befriend good ol Nate and the next thing you know we will have a KLR V-engine 750 with a real front brake, factory bags, etc for under $5K Come on, it would be crazy to think that a company as successful as the big 4 jap bikes would not use the internet for customer market research.... and competitive info.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Zachariah Mully" wrote: > > What I want to know is if BigK is monitoring this list, when are they > going fscking take our advice and do the necessary upgrades? I would > love to see the 2002 with C-series front end and possibily a V-twin KLV > (or something). Damn it. Bastards probably doing it just to spite us ;) > > ------------------ > Zack > Banana Republic of Washington, DC > KLR650A5 "Buster" > ZG1000A1 > 1966 Vespa 125 > COG #4664 > > -----Original Message----- > From: Nate.DePauw@k... [mailto:Nate.DePauw@k...] > Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 5:55 AM > To: DSN_klr650@y... > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Nate DePauw/Kmc-Usa is out of the office. > > > > > I will be out of the office from 06/08/2001 until 06/12/2001. > > I will respond to your message when I return.

Dale Johnson

Post by Dale Johnson » Fri Jun 08, 2001 12:53 pm

> Come on, it would be crazy to think that a company as successful as > the big 4 jap bikes would not use the internet for customer market > research.... and competitive info.
when I return. --Snip I don't know what your talking about? (See email address) Dale_Johnson@ahm(dot)honda(dot)com Just kidding I am on the list because I OWN a KLR.. (I do ISD work) I sometimes wish I worked in the MC dept seeing them ride the bikes up and down the lawn during the day.. But the pay is much better in the computer field. Dale

Ed B.

Post by Ed B. » Fri Jun 08, 2001 12:53 pm

I hear ya. Sounds like a plan. Maybe "Mr. I work for Kawasaki but I'm out of the office today" will see this post and get to work on it! -Ed --- Zachariah Mully wrote:
> Ed- > My gripe is with the front end of the damned beast... You've got > the > benefit of your KLX's dual-pot calipers and larger disk, as well as > nifty 45mm USD forks. The C-series would be a somewhat trivial > upgrade > to the A-series, though Rich Kickbush would be expert on the > conversion. > I mean, geez, they've got the small tanked C-series with better > front > suspenders and brakes and the nice supertanker US A-series... If > they > were smart they would slap the C-series front forks on the A's and > I > would be happy for another 18 years of no changes. I am sure that > everyone else in the world would love to benefit from the A's big > ass > tank. But knowing BigK, they won't do it... I would be willing to > spend > another $500-$1000 for a better front end on the bike, considering > that > a MAP kit costs $400, SS lines another $75-100, galfer pads $40, > fork > brace $250... > > ------------------ > Zack > Banana Republic of Washington, DC > KLR650A5 "Buster" > ZG1000A1 > 1966 Vespa 125 > COG #4664 > > > >Be careful what you ask for. Many of the positive attributes of > the > >KLR have to do with its lack of major design changes over the > years. > >It's relatively low tech and cheap. Start in with major design > >changes and upgrades, and you're likely to have a much more > >expensive, complex, heavier bike. In other words, it won't be a > KLR. > >It might be a great bike, but it wouldn't be the cheap, do it all > >that you all know and love. :^) > > >Ed > >Duvall, WA
===== Ed Boyd Duvall, WA KLX 650 List Moderator http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KLX650 '96 KLX 650R '82 Katana 1000 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Ted Palmer

air box mod - new way? reversable! / aftermarket exhausts.

Post by Ted Palmer » Sat Jun 09, 2001 1:20 am

darkthought@... wrote: [...]
> Ideally we should be getting dyno runs and/or taking airflow > measurements in the air box in order to quantify these modfications.
[...] Far too true. Mister_T