tires again?????

DSN_KLR650
harvy-mushman@worldnet.att.net

something neat about a klr

Post by harvy-mushman@worldnet.att.net » Tue Jun 05, 2001 5:58 pm

Is there a name for that neat feeling you get when you park your KLR back in your parking space at work after riding it on a long off road ride accross country? It happens after you take about 20 steps away from your bike, then you look back and see it parked. All the while thinking, "Man, that's one neat bike". Anyone know what I'm talking about? Harv A-14 (aka Dirtbag) ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

monahanwb@yahoo.com

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Tue Jun 05, 2001 6:35 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., harvy-mushman@w... wrote:
> Is there a name for that neat feeling you get when you park your
KLR back in your parking space at work after riding it on a long off road ride accross country? > Anyone know what I'm talking about? I think for some it's Hemmorhoids, for others just Sore Ass Syndrome (SAS). Dr. Bill Take a dozen vicodins, call me in the morning (if you wake up)

John Irvine

Post by John Irvine » Tue Jun 05, 2001 9:59 pm

Had that same feeling today. Yesterday cruising the mountains and blasting around dirt, today parked under a tree in front of my office. The more I use it the more I like it. Meanwhile i have an 1137cc 178 mph Honda sitting under the cover in the garage while it waits for new sprockets and chain, I wonder do I need it? --- harvy-mushman@... wrote:
> Is there a name for that neat feeling you get when > you park your KLR back in your parking space at work > after riding it on a long off road ride accross > country? It happens after you take about 20 steps > away from your bike, then you look back and see it > parked. All the while thinking, "Man, that's one > neat bike". > > Anyone know what I'm talking about? > > Harv > A-14 (aka Dirtbag) > >
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been > removed] > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue Jun 05, 2001 10:22 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., harvy-mushman@w... wrote:
> Is there a name for that neat feeling you get when you park your
KLR back in your parking space at work after riding it on a long off road ride accross country? It happens after you take about 20 steps away from your bike, then you look back and see it parked. All the while thinking, "Man, that's one neat bike".
> > Anyone know what I'm talking about? > > Harv > A-14 (aka Dirtbag)
monday 6/4 250 miles carving corners on a fuel injected,eight valve ducati v- twin.i got home and half an hour later i was out exploring logging roads and having a great time blasting through mud puddles on my A7 KLR.today i rode my KLR to work(i work at a ducati dealership).......yes,i do know what you are talking about. eric ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ____
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

John J Fisher

Post by John J Fisher » Wed Jun 06, 2001 2:02 am

I can *totally* relate. How about the feeling you get when you have been riding a long time and your ass is real sore and you think man, I just want to get home. Then as you pull in your driveway a sad feeling comes over you that the ride has come to an end? John A14 Message: 7 Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 17:59:18 -0500 From: harvy-mushman@... Subject: Something neat about a KLR Is there a name for that neat feeling you get when you park your KLR back in your parking space at work after riding it on a long off road ride accross country? It happens after you take about 20 steps away from your bike, then you look back and see it parked. All the while thinking, "Man, that's one neat bike". Anyone know what I'm talking about? Harv A-14 (aka Dirtbag)

TLrydr@aol.com

Post by TLrydr@aol.com » Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:05 am

In a message dated 6/5/01 6:00:16 PM EST, harvy-mushman@... writes: << All the while thinking, "Man, that's one neat bike". Anyone know what I'm talking about >> Yea! the old VW people used to call it Farfunogugon, Way mispelled , But i think it ment One fun ride or something like that, Mike

Tengai650

Post by Tengai650 » Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:34 am

At 10:02 AM -0400 6/6/01, TLrydr@... wrote:
> Yea! the old VW people used to call it Farfunogugon, Way >mispelled , >But i think it ment One fun ride or something like that
Nope... it means, "I can't afford an Audi"! Actually, it's more like "driving pleasure". Mark B2 A2 A3

Ted Palmer

Post by Ted Palmer » Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:44 am

harvy-mushman@... wrote:
> Is there a name for that neat feeling you get when you park your KLR back in your parking space at work after riding it on a long off road ride accross country?
[...] "Ego" as in "gee what a I good choice I made in buying that vehicle". This has applied to most of the vehicles I have bought over the years. They all have/had something especially neat about them. I get the feeling when I look at my 280ZX with the T-tops off, or when I look at a particular picture of me and my RC17 at Philip Island, or when I look at my KLR pulled apart for cleaning. Mister_T -- \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\ | Team RC17 Australia http://replicant.apana.org.au/~viking/ | \|_________________________________________________________________|

Mark St.Hilaire, Sr

Post by Mark St.Hilaire, Sr » Wed Jun 06, 2001 2:35 pm

> All the while thinking, "Man, that's one neat bike". > Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Absolutely, I'm in the same "place." My previous bike was a GoldWing that died on the interstate thanks to a broken timing belt. I'm still amazed in the difference between the two bikes - the 'wing was solid, reliable transportation, this new KLR is a BLAST! I've never had this much just plain FUN riding... Yeah, I walk away thinking, "what a great bike!" Mark St.Hilaire, Sr A15 HomePage: http://home.adelphia.net/~msaint/

harvy-mushman@worldnet.att.net

Post by harvy-mushman@worldnet.att.net » Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:47 pm

John, Thanks for your note. I'm surprised that others didn't know what I was talking about. Sounds like you, Mike, Mark and David got it exactly though. Only a few weeks ago, my KLR was caked in snotty Utah mud from the Henry mountains, and was ridden off-road for almost two weeks, from 10,000 to 5,000 feet. The KLR is a go anywhere, do anything motorcycle with no reasonable limits. I also have other great bikes in the garage, one is a new VFR, and I have also wondered if I need them? Here is the kicker which will explain what I'm talking about... Say you have this hypothetical situation: For whatever reason, you could only have one bike. Obviously you have a XX and a KLR, and perhaps other bikes, but say you could only have ONE bike. Would you choose the XX as your single bike which you would have to make do with? Or would you choose the KLR? Some might choose the XX simply on the cost basis, but that's not the point. If you're like me, you ride to work, you ride to the store, you ride to see friends, you ride everywhere. Everything I do is on a motorcycle. Well, nearly everything, but you know what I mean. One bike would have to do it all, so which one do you choose? I want my VFR, but I doubt I need it. Then again, I feel like I need my KLR. The KLR is the absolute Meat and Potatoes of my motorcycling. If I could only have one bike, it would have to be my KLR. To sum up: Show me a bike you can do anything with, go anywhere on, without the help of a pickup or a trailer, a reputation for reliability, that has a great following, a great e-group to discuss related issues, and won't break the bank... Yes Mike, I think it is "FARFEGNUGEN", and also as David said "Joie de vive"! Thanks, Harv ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>Had that same feeling today. Yesterday cruising the >mountains and blasting around dirt, today parked under >a tree in front of my office. The more I use it the >more I like it. Meanwhile i have an 1137cc 178 mph >Honda sitting under the cover in the garage while it >waits for new sprockets and chain, I wonder do I need >it? > > >--- harvy-mushman@... wrote: >> Is there a name for that neat feeling you get when >> you park your KLR back in your parking space at work >> after riding it on a long off road ride accross >> country? It happens after you take about 20 steps >> away from your bike, then you look back and see it >> parked. All the while thinking, "Man, that's one >> neat bike". >> >> Anyone know what I'm talking about? >> >> Harv >> A-14 (aka Dirtbag) >> >> >________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________