seats?

DSN_KLR650
Zensur

sure fire way to get 70mpg

Post by Zensur » Wed Jun 06, 2001 11:12 am

This will get you 70MPG Ride highway 120 Westbound(Tioga Pass)through Yosemite in the middle of summer when it is crawling with RV's. I filled up at the bottom of Tioga Pass and then again in the middle of the park and to my suprize had achieved 73MPG. I was also considerably older by the time I got there :-) I normally get less than 50MPG on the KLR. Mark KLR650A13 ZX6R

Kurt Simpson

seats?

Post by Kurt Simpson » Wed Jun 06, 2001 11:45 am

> Hi, i am new to the list and am thinking about buying > and riding a KLR on a trip this summer. > > Question: > What's with the seats and what is the best option for > touring? > Corbin? I hear they make two diff. models.
Corbin makes one seat for the KLR. If you specify builing up the front, scalloping around the grab handles and dishing or not dishing the rear...they will do that at no additional charge. This is how I have mine done and I prefer them. As your probably know, you can also get Russell to make you a seat for the KLR. Stuart Heaslet and a few others have had theirs done. Only downside I can see is that it limits the movement off-pavement. Rocky Mayer is in business in Boise, ID making his late father's Mayer saddles as well. Same approach as the Russell without the springs. His brother Tom is also in business but there is a family lawsuit underway for the rights... Kurt