after martket seat or cover

DSN_KLR650
klr650@moment.net

nklr : hit by lightining

Post by klr650@moment.net » Fri May 18, 2001 6:38 pm

While out making a long run through the hill country before I posted my Barracuda tire report I was caught in a sudden thunderstorm out in the middle of nowhere about 40 miles from home. I was trying to make it to some kind of shelter until the storm passed about a mile outside of Burnett TX I was hit by lightening. What a trip! I was uninjured amazingly. Lighting travels from the ground up for those that don't know not from the sky as it seems which would explain my sequence of events. I was riding into town about 2 miles from a place I could get out of the rain when I noticed that my left index finger and thumb suddenly turned bright flash bulb blue with a faint blue glow on the rest of my hand. About the time I noticed this it sounded like a gun shot went off and I saw a bright white bolt go from my index finger to the sky. I was in shock no pun intended. It knocked my left hand numb and after the numbness wore off my left arm was kind of sore and I was really tired for a day or so. Those were the only ill effects I had. I reckon I was really lucky to be uninjured.

rob

Post by rob » Fri May 18, 2001 7:47 pm

Glad you lived to talk about the experience!!! Many don't. Got any stock tips? :) "klr650@..." wrote:
> While out making a long run through the hill country before I posted > my Barracuda tire report I was caught in a sudden thunderstorm out in > the middle of nowhere about 40 miles from home. I was trying to make > it to some kind of shelter until the storm passed about a mile > outside of Burnett TX I was hit by lightening. What a trip! I was > uninjured amazingly. Lighting travels from the ground up for those > that don't know not from the sky as it seems which would explain my > sequence of events. I was riding into town about 2 miles from a place > I could get out of the rain when I noticed that my left index finger > and thumb suddenly turned bright flash bulb blue with a faint blue > glow on the rest of my hand. About the time I noticed this it sounded > like a gun shot went off and I saw a bright white bolt go from my > index finger to the sky. I was in shock no pun intended. It knocked > my left hand numb and after the numbness wore off my left arm was > kind of sore and I was really tired for a day or so. Those were the > only ill effects I had. I reckon I was really lucky to be uninjured. > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

ED

Post by ED » Fri May 18, 2001 7:48 pm

No sh*t! Wow! This must be the all time "this happened to me on my KLR" story. No ill effects eh? You sure? "So I glow a little, makes it easier to find the key hole.." Glad to hear you lived to tell the tale. Amazing. -Ed
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "klr650@m..." wrote: > While out making a long run through the hill country before I posted > my Barracuda tire report I was caught in a sudden thunderstorm out in > the middle of nowhere about 40 miles from home. I was trying to make > it to some kind of shelter until the storm passed about a mile > outside of Burnett TX I was hit by lightening. What a trip! I was > uninjured amazingly. Lighting travels from the ground up for those > that don't know not from the sky as it seems which would explain my > sequence of events. I was riding into town about 2 miles from a place > I could get out of the rain when I noticed that my left index finger > and thumb suddenly turned bright flash bulb blue with a faint blue > glow on the rest of my hand. About the time I noticed this it sounded > like a gun shot went off and I saw a bright white bolt go from my > index finger to the sky. I was in shock no pun intended. It knocked > my left hand numb and after the numbness wore off my left arm was > kind of sore and I was really tired for a day or so. Those were the > only ill effects I had. I reckon I was really lucky to be uninjured.

Tom Simpson

Post by Tom Simpson » Fri May 18, 2001 9:26 pm

At 11:38 PM 5/18/01 +0000, klr650@... wrote:
> While out making a long run through the hill country before I posted >my Barracuda tire report I was caught in a sudden thunderstorm out in >the middle of nowhere about 40 miles from home. I was trying to make >it to some kind of shelter until the storm passed about a mile >outside of Burnett TX I was hit by lightening. What a trip! I was >uninjured amazingly. Lighting travels from the ground up for those >that don't know not from the sky as it seems which would explain my >sequence of events. I was riding into town about 2 miles from a place >I could get out of the rain when I noticed that my left index finger >and thumb suddenly turned bright flash bulb blue with a faint blue >glow on the rest of my hand. About the time I noticed this it sounded >like a gun shot went off and I saw a bright white bolt go from my >index finger to the sky. I was in shock no pun intended. It knocked >my left hand numb and after the numbness wore off my left arm was >kind of sore and I was really tired for a day or so. Those were the >only ill effects I had. I reckon I was really lucky to be uninjured.
I had a milder version of the same thing happen to me back in high school on a bicycle: a nearby hit loaded up the ground with enough juice to come up through the tires, frame and handlebars with enough oomph left to throw a little blue spark from the brake lever to my right middle finger and make my arm jump a bit. Wierd. -Tom '96 KLR 650

Conall O'Brien

Post by Conall O'Brien » Fri May 18, 2001 9:35 pm

If the thunder won't get you the lightnin' will. The Wheel
>From: "klr650@..." >To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [DSN_klr650] NKLR : hit by lightining >Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 23:38:02 -0000 > > While out making a long run through the hill country before I posted >my Barracuda tire report I was caught in a sudden thunderstorm out in >the middle of nowhere about 40 miles from home. I was trying to make >it to some kind of shelter until the storm passed about a mile >outside of Burnett TX I was hit by lightening. What a trip! I was >uninjured amazingly. Lighting travels from the ground up for those >that don't know not from the sky as it seems which would explain my >sequence of events. I was riding into town about 2 miles from a place >I could get out of the rain when I noticed that my left index finger >and thumb suddenly turned bright flash bulb blue with a faint blue >glow on the rest of my hand. About the time I noticed this it sounded >like a gun shot went off and I saw a bright white bolt go from my >index finger to the sky. I was in shock no pun intended. It knocked >my left hand numb and after the numbness wore off my left arm was >kind of sore and I was really tired for a day or so. Those were the >only ill effects I had. I reckon I was really lucky to be uninjured. > > >Visit the KLR650 archives at >http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > >Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com >Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com >Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com >List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > >Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: >http://www.dualsportnews.com > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
_________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

guymanbro@excite.com

Post by guymanbro@excite.com » Sat May 19, 2001 4:44 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Rob wrote:
> Glad you lived to talk about the experience!!! Many don't. >
My father-in-law has been hit TWICE by lightning. Still kickin it at nearly 70 and looks maybe 50. Might be good for your health if you survive. dat brooklyn bum

guymanbro@excite.com

Post by guymanbro@excite.com » Sat May 19, 2001 4:51 am

How about the bike? Any electrical improvement? dat brooklyn bum

steve pye

after martket seat or cover

Post by steve pye » Sat May 19, 2001 8:36 pm

-----Original Message----- From: woods151441@... To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Date: Saturday, May 19, 2001 10:03 PM
>Hello Guys I'm new to this list. Great info. I am looking for a after >market seat or seat cover. Does anyone have one for sale or some good >recomendations. >thank you > >Jerry
I bought a seat cover from www.dual-star.com last year. Brand new OEM part, great price. I was happy. Check them out. Steve A11