reuters [nklr]

DSN_KLR650
Dan Oaks

no medical marijuana nklr

Post by Dan Oaks » Mon May 14, 2001 8:18 pm

U.S. Supreme Court ruled (unanimously) on Monday that California cannabis clubs may not legally distribute marijuana as a "medical necessity" for seriously ill patients. While I have never used marijuana, nor do I intend to use it, nor do I believe in breaking a law because I feel it's wrong; I hope all these people live to regret this decision. I have seen my friends die of cancer and chemical therapy, and had they asked me for marijuana or a gun, I fear for my very soul, for I would have supplied them, as I would hope someone would me. If it is right to condemn a person to a painful and horrid death because of some psuedo-Christian ethic that says treatment with deadly poisonous chemicals is ok, keep them in a stupor with morphine so we don't have to listen to their cries is fine, but you say relief from that torture by use of a natural basically harmless substance is immoral and illegal; so you make it illegal to gain access. You have placed many law abiding Americans in a position of deciding which is more important. Right or law. And since both are based upon opinions, when the chips are down, yours doesn't count. I say I hope you get a chance to find out about this first hand for yourselves. You have earned that right. And when you get to hell, mention my name, you'll get a good seat. Just my fucking opinion. -- bierdo On a Mac warmed up in Hell.

rob

Post by rob » Mon May 14, 2001 8:26 pm

Right on!!!! Dan Oaks wrote:
> U.S. Supreme Court ruled (unanimously) on Monday that California > cannabis clubs may not legally distribute > marijuana as a "medical necessity" for seriously ill patients. > > While I have never used marijuana, nor do I intend to use it, nor do I > believe in breaking a law because I feel it's wrong; I hope all these > people live to regret this decision. I have seen my friends die of > cancer and chemical therapy, and had they asked me for marijuana or a > gun, I fear for my very soul, for I would have supplied them, as I would > hope someone would me. > > If it is right to condemn a person to a painful and horrid death because > of some psuedo-Christian ethic that says treatment with deadly poisonous > chemicals is ok, keep them in a stupor with morphine so we don't have to > listen to their cries is fine, but you say relief from that torture by > use of a natural basically harmless substance is immoral and illegal; so > you make it illegal to gain access. You have placed many law abiding > Americans in a position of deciding which is more important. Right or > law. And since both are based upon opinions, when the chips are down, > yours doesn't count. I say I hope you get a chance to find out about > this first hand for yourselves. You have earned that right. And when you > get to hell, mention my name, you'll get a good seat. > > Just my fucking opinion. > > -- > bierdo > On a Mac warmed up in Hell. > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Don Dotson

Post by Don Dotson » Mon May 14, 2001 8:50 pm

Ya just can't beat this list. Very entertaining and informative. It is not just for breakfast anymore! ===== d Utah '01 KLR 650 '95 Concours __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices http://auctions.yahoo.com/

monahanwb@yahoo.com

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Mon May 14, 2001 9:16 pm

What them 'publicans in the guvmint don't tell you is that the stuff is good for you. That's why it costs so much. Truss me , I are a docter. B. Wm. Monahan, Ph. D.

racing43rd@aol.com

Post by racing43rd@aol.com » Mon May 14, 2001 10:31 pm

Well said Dan! Ed Windsor

gyb@sprynet.com

Post by gyb@sprynet.com » Tue May 15, 2001 12:21 am

Bierdo:
> U.S. Supreme Court ruled (unanimously) on Monday that California > cannabis clubs may not legally distribute > marijuana as a "medical necessity" for seriously ill patients.
> If it is right to condemn a person to a painful and horrid death because > of some psuedo-Christian ethic that says treatment with deadly poisonous > chemicals is ok, keep them in a stupor with morphine so we don't have to > listen to their cries is fine, but you say relief from that torture by > use of a natural basically harmless substance is immoral and illegal; so > you make it illegal to gain access. You have placed many law abiding > Americans in a position of deciding which is more important. Right or > law. And since both are based upon opinions, when the chips are down, > yours doesn't count. I say I hope you get a chance to find out about > this first hand for yourselves. You have earned that right. And when you > get to hell, mention my name, you'll get a good seat.
You better reserve lots of seats, because it's not really the Supremes fault, they only have to interpret the law (as it conveniently suits their biases, of course). You need to reserve more like 535 seats, to fit all our honorable members of the House. In an era when it seems that most of them are of the right age to have experimented with drugs in the 60's (many of which have admitted to it already, under pressure from the press), it seems a little hypocritical of them to now say that anybody who uses drugs, for recreation or medicinal purposes, needs to spend quality time in one of our model "reform" facilities. Make that 537 seats. We wouldn't want to leave out our previous and current presidents, both having admitted to having experience with drugs. Or maybe it's our fault, because, well, we elected them... See you in Hell, Gustavo

Stuart Mumford

Post by Stuart Mumford » Tue May 15, 2001 1:56 am

"Laws are made for the guidance of wise men and the strict obedience of fools." Thus spake dear old Dad. CA Stu A13 Riverside CA

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » Tue May 15, 2001 2:17 am

Campaign contributions do not come from something you can grow in your backyard! Money talks in Washington, and the big drug companies would be shit outta luck if it were legalized. MM
----- Original Message ----- From: Dan Oaks To: KLR Group DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 9:18 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] No Medical Marijuana NKLR > U.S. Supreme Court ruled (unanimously) on Monday that California > cannabis clubs may not legally distribute > marijuana as a "medical necessity" for seriously ill patients. > > While I have never used marijuana, nor do I intend to use it, nor do I > believe in breaking a law because I feel it's wrong; I hope all these > people live to regret this decision. I have seen my friends die of > cancer and chemical therapy, and had they asked me for marijuana or a > gun, I fear for my very soul, for I would have supplied them, as I would > hope someone would me. > > If it is right to condemn a person to a painful and horrid death because > of some psuedo-Christian ethic that says treatment with deadly poisonous > chemicals is ok, keep them in a stupor with morphine so we don't have to > listen to their cries is fine, but you say relief from that torture by > use of a natural basically harmless substance is immoral and illegal; so > you make it illegal to gain access. You have placed many law abiding > Americans in a position of deciding which is more important. Right or > law. And since both are based upon opinions, when the chips are down, > yours doesn't count. I say I hope you get a chance to find out about > this first hand for yourselves. You have earned that right. And when you > get to hell, mention my name, you'll get a good seat. > > > Just my fucking opinion. > > -- > bierdo > On a Mac warmed up in Hell.

Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith » Tue May 15, 2001 5:23 am

> Campaign contributions do not come from something you can grow in your > backyard! > Money talks in Washington, and the big drug companies would be shit outta > luck if it were legalized.
Not necessarily. In doing a project for a class in nursing school a couple of years ago it became fairly obvious that people assume the legalization of marijuana for medical use would mean that people would simply continue buying street drugs with no guarantee as to their content or purity. Legalization for medical purposes could mean the growing and processing of 'medicinal grade' marijuana as well which would simply mean a new market for drug companies. My hope then, as it is now, would be that people would get past the stigma of this drug and treat it as you would any other medication, one with intended effects, side effects and potential for abuse. Unfortunately, as we were doing this Oregon was in the process of passing a medical marijuana initiative which addressed the allowing of people to use marijuana but not where it was supposed to come from, in other words, there is still no legal source of the drug. What I learned from this is that there are many competing interests in the issue of legalization, one of which is a substantial group of people who are using the medical issue as a way of gaining a foothold towards larger scale legalization for recreational use. I have no real problem with people wanting to legalize the stuff for recreational use but this tactic tends to make the medicinal issue something of a political football and, in my opinion at least, makes the societal acceptance of marijuana for medical use far more difficult to obtain. Joe Smith, RN

fireball@heaslet.com

Post by fireball@heaslet.com » Tue May 15, 2001 7:06 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Mark Wilson" wrote:
> Money talks in Washington, and the big drug companies would be shit
outta
> luck if it were legalized.
There's bigger news. Some experts say that, despite $80 million given to congressional campaigns by pharmaceutical companies last year, government-controlled drug pricing is likely to happen, meaning that the private profit structures of pharmas are endangered. The publicized black market we see now is just the tip of the iceberg. For example, AIDS drugs in the US run between $7,000-15,000 per year, while the same drugs cost between $350 and $1,000 in Brazil, India and a growing number of other regions (Caribbean included). The drug companies were hoping to recoup 'research costs' in the US and Europe. It isn't likely to happen without a bunch of nighttime low-level aircraft flying across the border at the same time. Fireball