gripster am24 recall?

DSN_KLR650
"Swede"

nklr moto-python and the leaning of mife

Post by "Swede" » Thu May 03, 2001 7:17 pm

And now for something completely different: Here lately, I have had the time alone to ponder and think: Just what it is about dualsports that gets me excited when the weather warms and the snow and ice melt? Why, when I can drive the wife's performance car do I opt for riding the bike to work in the rain and cold? Why has my four wheel drive pick-up sat since I got the KLR? Why is it that now I feel that I need to keep a dualsport in the "stable"? Why not just stop where the asphalt, gravel, graded, two-track, one and a half track ends? What drives me to think I need to take a behemoth on single-track when I have a trail bike? Am I nuts, or do I have very large ones? What would Phaedrus do? Would Phaedrus care? Aw, he's too busy obsessing about obsessing about what quality means. I'm beginning to think, I too, need some time in a padded room to sort things out. How could anyone be able to describe that it's the journey, not the destination that's important? So many people get cought up in where they've been and not in how they got there. Sure, Canyonlands NP is a beautiful destination from the scenic overlooks, but if you ask anyone that has ridden the White Rim what Canyonlands is like for them, they will probably tell you that the experience is awesome. Experiencing something and not just viewing it, is that what I'm after? I'd definitely enjoy being stomped by a moose in Yellowstone than hit by a Winnebago from Sheboygan on I-25. Not that I'd just lay there to be stomped (don't laugh, it's happened). It's the little things that make a ride great, like stopping at "Bob's Last Chance Gas" (I know it's Bob, his shirt says so) to top off the tank (because it just might be the last chance for gas) and discuss the state of the world. Remeniscing with strangers takes talent, but works as an ice breaker. Waving at the first car you've seen in the last 3 hours. Helping a rancher get his cow back in the fence with your bike and his pick-up. Getting chased out of an area at gunpoint is exhilarating, but not a favorite thing. Seeing that the "rat race" generally ends at the suburbs. Finding an arrow point laying by your kickstand. Stopping to talk to the tanning naked girls laying on a rock by a trail. SCHWIING!! Getting lost and finding your way out. Don't know about that last one, I ALWAYS know where I am...within 50 miles. Sorry for the ramblings of a crazy person. One more push and I'm over the..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE "Swede" [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

a phipps

gripster am24 recall?

Post by a phipps » Sun May 06, 2001 11:31 am

I hope to get my KLR back on the road this weekend. I haven't been keeping up with the list over the winter. It was just too painful to read about others riding their KLR's while northern BC was covered in snow. A buddy mentioned that he heard that Avon had recalled some Gripster tires. He wasn't sure what sizes / models were affected. I have Avon AM24 Gripsters on the front and rear of my KLR. Can someone tell me if these are included in the recall? Another question: Is there a up-to-date archive of messages posted to the list since the switch to YahooGroups? As well, any of you who are planning a trip up the Alaska Hwy this summer, contact me off list. I live in Fort St. John, BC (mile 40 of the Alaska hwy) and would love to join you for a day of riding. Al A10 _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com