shim calc....

DSN_KLR650
Brad Davis

rust in gas tank

Post by Brad Davis » Sun Jul 02, 2000 10:38 pm

Is it normal to have rust in the gas tank? My A9 has rust on the inside surfaces but it doesn't appear to be scaling (it isn't falling off into the tank). I suppose the KLR has a fuel filter for such things, I just haven't located it yet. What is the proper method to clean the rust from the tank? Thanks, Brad A9

3116@nethawk.com

rust in gas tank

Post by 3116@nethawk.com » Thu Apr 19, 2001 6:20 pm

Hi, I have a 2001 KLR650 that I bought in August of last year. As I live in Michigan and recently had some big-time surgery, I had the bike in the garage until just a few days ago. When I stopped to put in some gas, I noticed that there was rust on the inside part of the mouth of the tank and also on the filler tube. I wiped some of it off, but it is still there. I have not had a bike since the 70's and can't remember seeing any rust in the tanks of my previous bikes. Has anyone here had rust show up in the tank of such a new motorcycle? Since it is still under warranty, I was wondering if the tank is defective and should be replaced. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Len Vernik

IronJungle@Hotmail.com

shim calc....

Post by IronJungle@Hotmail.com » Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:33 am

The latest rev is always at http://www.IronJungle.Com Pat Austin TX
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., ASATH0R@a... wrote: > Could someone please tell me where I can find the shim calc to download ?? > Doing the adjust tommorow and need to use it. > Thanks !! > Aric > 2001 KLR 650 "Sam"