1995 klr for sale $2699

DSN_KLR650
Peter Alonso

nklr- bike lift

Post by Peter Alonso » Sun Apr 15, 2001 7:50 pm

As info for those of you that have a Sam's wholesale club near you. I just purchased a very nice Hydraulic bike lift ( rated to 1500 lb) for $99. Is a real steal, jump on it if you get a chance. You roll it under the bike, pump the pedal a few times and Voila !! bike is uo in the air, and you can roll it around. Peter [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

PRBKLR@cs.com

nklr- bike lift

Post by PRBKLR@cs.com » Mon Apr 16, 2001 6:53 am

I have seen this and debated on it's quality. Of course I know nothing about these things and what constitutes quality. What are your thoughts so far? Can you get to the oil drain plug while it is on the stand? I seem to remember that it was somewhat open in the middle... Anyone else have this particular lift? Thanks for any info.. Paul Dallas, TX "Peter Alonso" wrote:
> > As info for those of you that have a Sam's wholesale club near you. I just purchased a very nice Hydraulic bike lift ( rated to 1500 lb) for $99. Is a real steal, jump on it if you get a chance. You roll it under the bike, pump the pedal a few times and Voila !! bike is uo in the air, and you can roll it around. > > Peter > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >

punkynlew@hotmail.com

nklr- bike lift

Post by punkynlew@hotmail.com » Mon Apr 16, 2001 8:52 am

Hey Paul: Why would you have the bike on a lift to change the oil and be concerned about drain plug access? Not required. Punky & Lew
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., PRBKLR@c... wrote: > I have seen this and debated on it's quality. Of course I know nothing about these things and what constitutes quality. What are your thoughts so far? Can you get to the oil drain plug while it is on the stand? I seem to remember that it was somewhat open in the middle... Anyone else have this particular lift? > > Thanks for any info.. > > Paul > Dallas, TX > "Peter Alonso" wrote: > > > > As info for those of you that have a Sam's wholesale club near you. I just purchased a very nice Hydraulic bike lift ( rated to 1500 lb) for $99. Is a real steal, jump on it if you get a chance. You roll it under the bike, pump the pedal a few times and Voila !! bike is uo in the air, and you can roll it around. > > > > Peter > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > > > Post message: DSN_klr650@y... > > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@y... > > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@y... > > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@y... > > > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > >

Zachariah Mully

nklr- bike lift

Post by Zachariah Mully » Mon Apr 16, 2001 9:42 am

Paul- I have one and I think that it is honestly the best $99 bux I've spent on a moto tool/piece of maintenance equipment. This stand will have no problem holding up your KLR... My KLR has been up on it for 6 months without any problems. The stand works great with the stock skid plate, the MSR/Moose skidplate and no skid plate. You CAN get access to the oil plug, but I've found if you're going to change the oil with the bike up the best thing to use is one of those funnels with a flexible neck as there is no place directly underneath the plug to lay a oil drain pan. I was talking with a Beemer/KLR rider (I think he's on the list, Russ you out there?) about the stand, as he had one too... His concern was that the stand didn't fit his GS's very well and he was thinking of getting one of those $300 lifts where you have to by the adapter for another $75 then pay $100 to ship the damn thing. The Sam's Club stand is sufficiently robust for any modification that you could want to do to it. I suggested to Russ that he pick up some steel channel stock of the right width and make his own adapters for his GS's... This would be an afternoon and perhaps $20 of material to get a custom lift. The lift pads are simply held on with two bolts each, so swapping them back and forth would be trivial. I think too many people want too much for $99. Sheesh, it works, will you all just go out and buy one? ;) P.S. I discovered this weekend that a hangover and an oil change don't mix... Forgot to put the oil plug back in and ended up with 3 liters of oil on my bedroom floor. Diesel oil does a great job of stripping the finish off your hard wood floors. ------------------ Zack SE DC KLR650A5 "Buster" ZG1000A1 COG #4664 -----Original Message----- From: PRBKLR@... [mailto:PRBKLR@...] Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 7:53 AM To: Peter Alonso Cc: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR- Bike Lift I have seen this and debated on it's quality. Of course I know nothing about these things and what constitutes quality. What are your thoughts so far? Can you get to the oil drain plug while it is on the stand? I seem to remember that it was somewhat open in the middle... Anyone else have this particular lift? Thanks for any info.. Paul Dallas, TX "Peter Alonso" wrote:
> > As info for those of you that have a Sam's wholesale club near you. I
just purchased a very nice Hydraulic bike lift ( rated to 1500 lb) for $99. Is a real steal, jump on it if you get a chance. You roll it under the bike, pump the pedal a few times and Voila !! bike is uo in the air, and you can roll it around.
> > Peter

tcgrigg@earthlink.net

nklr- bike lift

Post by tcgrigg@earthlink.net » Mon Apr 16, 2001 11:18 am

I know that this lift is very popular amongst Honda Valkyrie riders, should have no problem supporting a KLR.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Peter Alonso" wrote: > As info for those of you that have a Sam's wholesale club near you. I just purchased a very nice Hydraulic bike lift ( rated to 1500 lb) for $99. Is a real steal, jump on it if you get a chance. You roll it under the bike, pump the pedal a few times and Voila !! bike is uo in the air, and you can roll it around. > > Peter > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Christopher Forrest Elledge

nklr- bike lift

Post by Christopher Forrest Elledge » Mon Apr 16, 2001 1:12 pm

Just happened to get this forwarded to me in the past day or two. User was a Gold Winger, thus a bit more weight (but not 1500#) than a KLR, but thought I'd pass this along anyway. You may find it "good enough" for your ride. It's your choice. Don't know if this story is fact, fiction, or bullshit. Evaluate on your own. Chris Elledge Roanoke, VA STOC 639 ===Fwd Mess===
> > Subject: sams club lift > >
In case any of you know anyone with this lift, saw this on gwrra SAMS CLUB LIFT ALERT People using this lift will want to be aware of a failure that has happened when using this lift. One of our chapter members was using his lift to change tires when it collapsed. They had just stood up from being underneath it when some bolts sheared and it dropped the bike (sans tires, bags, and other bits) straight down onto it's undercarriage. They were lucky. The bike wasn't. They are negotiating with Sam's (good to them so far) and the manufacturer (not happy campers trying to work with these folks) on getting the damage to their custom painted y2k 1500 fixed. At a minimum, the owner is recommending everyone replace all the included bolts with some of better toughness (tensile strength). They also point out they will never again use a lift without the extra safety of stands or other supports that will hold the bike in the event of another failure. ===End Mess=== __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

PRBKLR@cs.com

nklr- bike lift

Post by PRBKLR@cs.com » Mon Apr 16, 2001 8:02 pm

Not a necessity by any means, but more of a convenience factor I suppose. I can put the bike up on the stand and do other maintenance while the oil drains. This way I can get more done in less time and have more time to ride! Also, the bike would be completely upright, so I suppose better drainage of the oil... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

PRBKLR@cs.com

nklr- bike lift

Post by PRBKLR@cs.com » Mon Apr 16, 2001 8:09 pm

Thanks! I've gotten several positive responses... I believe I will buy, especially after seeing the prices for other lifts that claim to be better, etc... Have you used the lift for your Connie? This is a bike I would like to add to my collection of 1 KLR... Thanks again! [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Stuart Mumford

nklr- bike lift

Post by Stuart Mumford » Mon Apr 16, 2001 11:19 pm

It's a name brand Larin, I have one and highly recommend it. In the last 2 weeks, I have changed both tires, changed the chain, added a Progressive rear shock, and lubed the steering stem bearings. All the time, my bike sat on the Larin, stable and well supported. Trust me, you won't regret spending $99 for this handy item. I can't picture doing all the makeshift milk carton and 2 by 4 crap I used to do, I must have been stupid. Thank goodness I am now a bona fide super genius with a Larin... CA Stu A13 wrote:
> > As info for those of you that have a Sam's wholesale club near you. I
just purchased a very nice Hydraulic bike lift ( rated to 1500 lb) for $99. Is a real steal, jump on it if you get a chance. You roll it under the bike, pump the pedal a few times and Voila !! bike is uo in the air, and you can roll it around.
> > Peter > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Greg Paul

nklr- bike lift

Post by Greg Paul » Tue Apr 17, 2001 1:16 am

Looks pretty "beefy". Here's some pictures if anyone's interested... http://www.users.qwest.net/~csnipes/gl1000/lift/ Greg in Dallas
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Stuart Mumford" wrote: > It's a name brand Larin, I have one and highly recommend it. > In the last 2 weeks, I have changed both tires, changed the chain, added a > Progressive rear shock, and lubed the steering stem bearings. > All the time, my bike sat on the Larin, stable and well supported. > Trust me, you won't regret spending $99 for this handy item. > > I can't picture doing all the makeshift milk carton and 2 by 4 crap I used > to do, I must have been stupid. Thank goodness I am now a bona fide super > genius with a Larin... > > CA Stu A13 Riverside CA > > > -----Original Message----- > I have seen this and debated on it's quality. Of course I know nothing > about these things and what constitutes quality. What are your thoughts so > far? Can you get to the oil drain plug while it is on the stand? I seem to > remember that it was somewhat open in the middle... Anyone else have this > particular lift? > > Thanks for any info.. > > Paul > Dallas, TX > "Peter Alonso" wrote: > > > > As info for those of you that have a Sam's wholesale club near you. I > just purchased a very nice Hydraulic bike lift ( rated to 1500 lb) for $99. > Is a real steal, jump on it if you get a chance. You roll it under the > bike, pump the pedal a few times and Voila !! bike is uo in the air, and you > can roll it around. > > > > Peter > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]