nklr mini?

DSN_KLR650
Kurt Simpson (Dual Sport News)

nklr mini?

Post by Kurt Simpson (Dual Sport News) » Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:22 pm

> Mr. T your thoughts on the BMW mini arriving on our shores next year?
Gosh! How did you guess that I owned 4 Morris Minis at one stage while on the committee of the Mini Car Club of New South Wales?? The Beemer Mini looks ok, but they could have made a better effort at the styling cues to get the look even more authentic, the grille in particular. However, the interior doesn't remind me of a Mini at all. What bugs me is that formerly proletarian (yet innovative) vehicles like the Mini and Beetle are being reincarnated as yuppie fashion accessories, making it unlikely that they will survive the ~40 years that the originals did. Retro is certainly "in" these days: New Beetle, PT Cruiser, upcoming T-Bird. How long before Cadillac bring out an updated 59 Biarritz? I wonder if Ford will have another crack at the Edsel? :-O ___________ agreed, I managed to slip by the beetle and cruiser, but I'm very afraid on the mini...I loved those cars... Kurt '00 Jetta TDI

Hubbard738@aol.com

need shims

Post by Hubbard738@aol.com » Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:46 pm

I check my valve clearences and they were all tight. I took out the shims and they have numbers on them. How do I convert this to know what the number of the new shims should be? Thanks

Kurt Simpson (Dual Sport News)

need shims

Post by Kurt Simpson (Dual Sport News) » Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:55 pm

I check my valve clearences and they were all tight. I took out the shims and they have numbers on them. How do I convert this to know what the number of the new shims should be? Thanks _________ Think of them as millimeters and shim increments come in increments of 5 as in: 245, 250, 255...each .005 equals .002" so that is the finest you can dial it in. If you're tight then you want to use a smaller shim. You try and swap the shims you have to the shims you need before purchasing....the software shimcalc helps... Kurt